What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its currently been 11 years since they have won a final and they are currently a bottom 4 side with a list thats in the top 4 oldest ages in the league, I think this could seriously push the 20 year mark. Thoughts?

A nine year crystal ball? Impressive!

Got to make finals to win one. 10 years minimum though other teams have show that with a few decent draft picks you can turn things around. New coach and a few picks who knows

• Banned
A nine year crystal ball? Impressive!

I said push 20 years as your currently at 11 and will now need a full rebuild as you have limited young talent so that puts it to 14-15 years at a minimum... Then again if Hird remains he might top up with another couple of 30+ players in the trade period.

Have to make the finals to even have the chance

Does essendons current form give wada and everyone more unnofficial evidence. Not that it matters or would stand up in court but they have been far from the running machine they where in 2013.
They are not running because they dont want to be there. Players are mentally shot and just had it. Nothing will change until the saga is resolved. Only then can we move forward

They are not running because they dont want to be there. Players are mentally shot and just had it. Nothing will change until the saga is resolved. Only then can we move forward
As in dont want to be there for the coach or club or themselves? Mentally it has taken a toll so i agree to some extent. But where is that mental frustation/fatigue aimed at?

fact is, players arent playing for Hirdy no more, its not about the SAGA, stop using that as an excuse.

Well considering he is the reason they are in strife with WADA this was always going to be the case, just amazing he was not sacked 2 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should James Hird be sacked? If so, should it be now or at the end of the season? What type of new coach should they be looking to hire?

How many of the old guys need to be cleared out at the end of the season? Who in particular needs to leave?

Should they use anyone as trade bait as a means of getting early picks? If so, who? Carlisle?

As in dont want to be there for the coach or club or themselves? Mentally it has taken a toll so i agree to some extent. But where is that mental frustation/fatigue aimed at?
Bit of everything. No coincidence that the mood and form changed instantly when WADA appealed. It is fact that several players have withdrawn or asked to be left out of games and plenty aren't coping well at all. Until Hird goes we cant move on

Hey all

With the Bomber's current performances who do the bigfooty doyens believe will be leading Essendon as senior coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back