What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

More to this I reckon.

List isn't as bad as they're showing. Beat Hawks earlier in the year. They look genuinely cooked, don't want to be there, done with Hird, done with footy in general.

I reckon there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about. I actually feel sorry for Jobe.

Until they take responsibility for their performances on the field they will never move forward.

Until they take responsibility for their OFF field performances they will never move forward.

More to this I reckon.

List isn't as bad as they're showing. Beat Hawks earlier in the year. They look genuinely cooked, don't want to be there, done with Hird, done with footy in general.

I reckon there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about. I actually feel sorry for Jobe.
Yep trying to negotiate the two years down

Should be a thread about the Saints also. They are brilliant.
it Watson and Goddard should be ashamed of themselves for the sh*t they are dishing up today.
Goddards
They are not running because they dont want to be there. Players are mentally shot and just had it. Nothing will change until the saga is resolved. Only then can we move forward
They cant run. Too many stayers not enough sprinters. They wont dish off to dempsey to run and carry because he tutns It over too much. Goddard left a rebuild to go to another rebuild, enjoy the ride Brendon

More to this I reckon.

Exactly. Our list isnt great but it isnt that putrid either. The demeanour of the players changed overnight with the WADA appeal. Most players dont want to be there and are mentally cooked. Need to clean out from the top, Hird has to go but the players cant move forward until they know their outcome

More to this I reckon.

I have no sympathy for Jobe, his leadership over the off field issues has been consistent, consistently poor. Hopefully behind closed doors, just being Jobe has not delivered player support.

Exactly. Our list isnt great but it isnt that putrid either. The demeanour of the players changed overnight with the WADA appeal. Most players dont want to be there and are mentally cooked. Need to clean out from the top, Hird has to go but the players cant move forward until they know their outcome
Their demeanour changed because they know they're screwed, they understand there's no AFL to bail them out. Do we remember Jobe's meeting with Gil at his house just before the announcement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they will keep Hird for the remainder of this year. If thee are no bans, and form stays dismal next year he won't last long in 2016.
It seems the players have just lost hope after WADA announced the appeal. They thought they were cleared, and now have to face it all again. Innocent or guilty, there's only so much they could be expected to take. If there are no bans, Hird will be given time with clear air. If there are bans he will be rightfully sacked.
Last year I felt they played the "us against them" philosophy and played out of their skins to get as far as they did. Earlier this year is probably a better indication of where they really sit when other matters aren't taking a toll.

I think the players have realised they're screwed; and Hird's bullshit is the propaganda he rants about.

Today was the kind of game that gets a coach sacked - and it's hard not to view it as the players making that statement.

They all stood there in front of him and nodded in agreement with whatever he was saying at 3qtr time, then they go back out there and show absolutely nothing.

They're either completely cooked mentally, or just don't want to hear it from the coach any more.
i think its the fact they just dont wanna hear it from Hirdy anymore. i think Watson is Mentally done with the Game.

Needs a total clean out of everyone who was there, from the president, to the players.

But James can stay, he took full responsibility

During todays game it was very clear that james has lost the players. they looked disinterested. during the tv coverage they cut away to shots of james in the box and he looked completely resigned to their position. he looks like a bloke who doesnt want to be there

so should James Hird do the honourable thing and step down and give Essendon the room to rebuild

Their demeanour changed because they know they're screwed, they understand there's no AFL to bail them out. Do we remember Jobe's meeting with Gil at his house just before the announcement?

Exactly correct, they know they are cooked, and can't stand the leader

Remove this Banner Ad

Back