What role do you hope Danger plays next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 14, 2012
Los Santos
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Nick Diaz, Exers
I'm over seeing him getting battered and not using his main strengths.

I am honestly puzzled about this guy. He has all the attributes however I just don't see him getting the best out of himself.

Should he play as an outside midfielder? Continue to play as an insider?

Has he not been coached correctly in the last few years? Does he just not have the "footy brain" to get it into the right positions? Was he injured? Will Walsh teach him how to spread from a contest?

Yes he had great contested possession numbers but I just don't see that allowing him to reach his full potential. A player of Scott Thompson/Matt Crouch's talent getting these numbers I'd be stoked but Danger could do so much more.

Perhaps I expect too much from him.

I love him up forward - he is a good mark - is tough to beat on the lead - frightening to have chasing you in defense - and a good shot on goal.

I love him of half-back - he is a good mark - is tough to beat on the lead - difficult to contain running out of defense - and kick that can break lines.

I love him on the ball - he has great hands - is a contested ball beast - difficult to contain running out of congestion - and a creative user of the ball.

Everywhere, just have to play him in the right roles at the right time.

He's a match winner in the centre square, but he has to be 100% to be doing that, so use him at bursts rather then full time.

Outside midfielder, half back, half forward or as a third tall forward. I can see him having some value in any of these positions.

I only really want to see him inside the packs when we're desperate for a clearance or within range of goals.

Outside midfielder, half back, half forward or as a third tall forward. I can see him having some value in any of these positions.

I only really want to see him inside the packs when we're desperate for a clearance or within range of goals.

Yep at the last 5 mins when the game is working 2-3 goals.

Everywhere, just have to play him in the right roles at the right time.

He's a match winner in the centre square, but he has to be 100% to be doing that, so use him at bursts rather then full time.

I just feel his "footy smarts" don't allow him to get the best of his talents playing if he is on ball.. He dives in the packs and gives out a handball or a rushed kick. He knows no other way atm..

Would love to see him chucked onto a wing. We need that outside speed, he can win his own ball and know how to find it.

He and Smith on the wing with Crouch sn in the centre with Sloane, Lyons and Thompson extracting tha ball would give us a very good midfield.

Honestly a mix of inside and outside... would try to model it into more of a receiver type role where he can use his pace and strength to get separation.

I'd love to see him in more one on ones. Yet for some reason through 120mins of games I rarely see this. Is it because of congestion or just his positioning?

A clearly defined role. I would like him outside of the congestion around the contest so he can make better use of the ball. He can play in a rotation either forward or back depending on who we are playing. Has lost a bit of toe with that bandaged up knee. Get that sorted over preseason I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A clearly defined role. I would like him outside of the congestion around the contest so he can make better use of the ball. He can play in a rotation either forward or back depending on who we are playing. Has lost a bit of toe with that bandaged up knee. Get that sorted over preseason I hope.

My only worry is that he is out there for 100ish minutes. I can only recall a small amount of times that he has gotten into space. Is this because of how Sando used him, receiving (doesn't get given it every game) or does he simply not know how to peel off.

We all see his potential but he only reaches it 3-6 times a year.

Watching that surf lifesaving thing on TV last Sunday, I'd disagree with that speed comment.

Looks like his body is in perfect working order.

Sitting 10 meters behind the play, ready to burst through and receive at top speed. Players standing in front of him doesn't stop him.

He just jumps into them gets a wild handball off and gets dumped on the ground causing him to be in pain for the next 5 minutes..

Watching that surf lifesaving thing on TV last Sunday, I'd disagree with that speed comment.

Link? Watched the first episode and gave up after realising it wouldnt feature danger.

Btw da fk was with jetta bouncing the bench press off his chest.

Good, I didn't see that lifesaving thing. I hope it is the case. He did get knocked around last season though.

Link? Watched the first episode and gave up after realising it wouldnt feature danger.

Btw da fk was with jetta bouncing the bench press off his chest.

Only watched the episode Dangerfield was on. He was equal winner with some rugby guy.

My only worry is that he is out there for 100ish minutes. I can only recall a small amount of times that he has gotten into space. Is this because of how Sando used him, receiving (doesn't get given it every game) or does he simply not know how to peel off.

We all see his potential but he only reaches it 3-6 times a year.
Another thing is that it is a given now that he is going to be tagged every game. Is it easier to shake your tag in congestion rather than sitting outside and have someone scragging you all the time?

Another thing is that it is a given now that he is going to be tagged every game. Is it easier to shake your tag in congestion rather than sitting outside and have someone scragging you all the time?

All depends on your attributes IMO.. Danger is a bull and you can't stop him getting the clearance but is he more effective receiving the handball? Goodluck to any tagger stopping him one on one on the outside without any planned help from teammates.

This is where Walsh "the best tactician in the game" should shine..

All depends on your attributes IMO.. Danger is a bull and you can't stop him getting the clearance but is he more effective receiving the handball? Goodluck to any tagger stopping him one on one on the outside without any planned help from teammates.

This is where Walsh "the best tactician in the game" should shine..
That's where it will be drilled relentlessly to not give out to players that are static. If he is receiving at pace then sure, with blocking being another tactic that will hopefully improve. Leaving space designed for running into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back