What role do you hope Danger plays next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you so defensive mate?

I just simply mentioned he still has strapping on his knee and you go off on a rant..

Let me ask you again as you did not answer the first time and far more concerned with pushing your own negative barrow about him being injured last year.

Did you watch that surf lifesaving show he won?

yes or no?

If it was a yes, you would know, his knee and body was in good working condition and showed how he is an elite athlete. If it was a no, you are just being a mischief maker by contining to be negative about how he was injured last year.

Now, the sure lifesaving show was filmed after the International series.

He didn't call you a liar. Calm yourself. He may have questioned your judgement, or whether one day on the show was just a good day compared to others, or if he aggravated an injury after the show etc etc multitude of reasons he may remain skeptical. That's hardly reason to derail a thread.

yeah, i'm the one derailing the thread, just as i'm the one who is always negative.

I was not the one who continued to bring up his knee injury or play in pain.

I was the one who pumped his tyres about suggesting his elite athleticism wasn't lost. Unless he could categorically say that he watched the show and his knee injury was an issue, he was the one derailing the thread by being a mischief maker by going in a 180 degree angle and in no uncertain wordfs calling me a liar.

But, you keep blaiming me. Thats ok, I'm used to it.

All he said was he wore knee strapping during the international rules game which suggests his knee mustn't be 100% healed at the time he played.

Let me ask you again as you did not answer the first time and far more concerned with pushing your own negative barrow about him being injured last year.

Did you watch that surf lifesaving show he won?

yes or no?

If it was a yes, you would know, his knee and body was in good working condition and showed how he is an elite athlete. If it was a no, you are just being a mischief maker by contining to be negative about how he was injured last year.

Now, the sure lifesaving show was filmed after the International series.

Actually, the show was filmed a couple of months ago.

All he said was he wore knee strapping during the international rules game which suggests his knee mustn't be 100% healed at the time he played.

And I countered that by saying it was fine and his level of athleticism was elite. Hence why I made the accusation he was calling me a liar.

Doesn't that still remove any doubt about his knee?

Months ago was when we had reason to be concerned.

Possibly, but the International Rules match was after filming, and he had the strapping on.

I'm not making any assumptions here about his fitness. Just filling in the correct timeline.

And I countered that by saying it was fine and his level of athleticism was elite. Hence why I made the accusation he was calling me a liar.
You're making an assumption that he called you a lair.

You mentioned he was on the show and looked injury free in which he then mentioned that he wore knee strapping in the IR game. That doesn't mean he's calling you a liar, just presenting another bit of evidence to suggest it (as in his knee) might not be 100%.

In don't recall anyone calling or implying you were lying?

Going on a 180 degree tangent away from my post does sound like he's not agreeing with my point and insinuating with thie quote below does.

Yet wears a knee bandage going into the IRS.. Is pretty much the only Aussie player to get hit solidly..

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. It's usually a duck.

The quote about the IRS was not really needed except to continue to add the negativity towards his alleged playing in pain.

Buy hay, I'm the negative one right?

You're making an assumption that he called you a lair.

You mentioned he was on the show and looked injury free in which he then mentioned that he wore knee strapping in the IR game. That doesn't mean he's calling you a liar, just presenting another bit of evidence to suggest it (as in his knee) might not be 100%.

Or the strapping was just psychological and not needed at all. Like many players use for shoulders, knees, thumbs, wrists.

Running on sand, would not be good for a player with a suspect knee injury but he must have a knee injury because he had tape on it during the IRS.

But let's continue to beleive his knee is ****ed because a few people want to believe that. It's fine and the running on the sand would be a very strong indicator towards this.

You want to beleive his knee is injured, good for you. But I'm not worried about it.

Or the strapping was just psychological and not needed at all. Like many players use for shoulders, knees, thumbs, wrists.

Running on sand, would not be good for a player with a suspect knee injury but he must have a knee injury because he had tape on it during the IRS.

But let's continue to beleive his knee is stuffed because a few people want to believe that. It's fine and the running on the sand would be a very strong indicator towards this.

You want to beleive his knee is injured, good for you. But I'm not worried about it.
No one knows either way, more often then not, you're going to believe a player has some form of injury if they've got something strapped (at least I do). Especially someone who earlier in his career played without any strapping (that I can recall).

Again, even if those think he's carrying a knee problem, it doesn't necessarily mean they believe it's 'stuffed'. I didn't watch the show you're talking about but perhaps the running he did in that was different to that in what he expected in the IR game? I don't know as I didn't watch either, but is there a possibility that the run on the beach was mainly straight whereas you'd be expected to do quick and sharp turns/twists in the IR game in which he mightn't be fully confident in yet?

You're too quick to jump the gun/start an argument when someone is just trying to add to the discussion.

There's probably more laxity in movement in the knee which doesn't suggest anything wrong internally. The GWS game and the Collingwood games last season were 2 occasions when he suffered knocks or jarring which worried me but he was up and about the next games. If there was something there that needed attending to he wouldn't play. So happy to think the strapping is support only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're too quick to jump the gun/start an argument when someone is just trying to add to the discussion.

How did I start an argument?

I answered a question using an observation based on a positive assumption using a visual medium. The question was about his perceived loss of pace. I then answered it before someone took a 180 degree turn and started an argument based on the IRS without any more infomation.

Running on sand, swimming and tradmill running would need strapping as well, why didn't he have any strapping? maybe because his knee is fine

I don't even believe he uses tap for training. Meaning, it was just psychological for game day. Twisting and turning and any jarring that might occour.

Maybe you are the one who is too quick to judge based on a bit of tape and the want to be critical of him.

Running on sand, swimming and tradmill running would need strapping as well, why didn't he have any strapping? maybe because his knee is fine

I don't even believe he uses tap for training. Meaning, it was just psychological for game day. Twisting and turning and any jarring that might occour.

Maybe you are the one who is too quick to judge based on a bit of tape and the want to be critical of him.

Isn't swimming meant to be very good on any joint injuries? Treadmills are similar in a sense, fairly sure players start with those on the return to recovery before running outdoors (at least I know Tex did but he had that whole fancy running thing going on). Sand is a fair point which is why I suggested perhaps it's turning that has him strapping it for the IR match vs not for running on sand.

As for his knee, we saw him go down multiple times last year with knee issues so I don't see why it's unreasonable to think that when you then see that knee is still strapped up that it mightn't have fully healed yet.

I'd like to see him used on the outside a bit more, to give his body a bit of a rest, and because it could be absolutely devastating. If we can get the ball out of congestion to Dangerfield at full pace, who's going to catch him? Nobody, that's who.

As good a player as Dangerfield is, he is close to the worst field kick in the side. This is not an attribute you would associate with any of the best outside midfielders in the game. His defensive running and accountability are the other glaring weaknesses in his game. Therefore moving him to HBF or wing would only highlight his deficiencies.

Dangerfield best attributes are his ball winning ability, strength in the contest, break away speed and contested marking. Playing him as an inside midfielder not only best utilises his strengths (except contested marking) it is also the best role to hide his weaknesses.

Dangerfield is at his best when he is bursting away from a contest with pace and kicking the ball long. In my opinion he is the best center square player in the competition because he not only can win the ball as well as anyone, he is likely to burst out of congestion and kick a long goal a couple of times a game. I understand that the toll on his body is concerning but calling for him to play on the outside would be similar to saying "Sam Jacobs is a good footballer...put him on a wing". It just doesn't suit him as a footballer.

The best way to ease the toll on his body would be to refined his role in the middle. Whether that means he gets the second possession more often where he can then burst away...I don't know, but taking him out of the contest an putting him on the outside would be possibly the worst way to utilise him in my opinion.

He is not a bad kick. When he gives himself a second to compose himself and slow down from his stupidly fast running speed, his kicking on either side of his body is good.

IMO Danger has to spend about 70% of his time getting to every contest and win us clearances. He is one of the games best clearance winners.
Yeah his kicking out of the pack can at times not get to a team mate, but he always moves the ball at least 40 metres upfield from the contest.

25% up forward, in a bygone era he would be a full forward in the Lockett mold.

5% Bench, and less time on the ground wincing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back