What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling this summer he will "Get big on you"

Why?
I had this conversation with someone:

"I hate Ron (Weasley). He's as bad as Umbridge".
"Really, how is that?"
"I hate Ron."
"You've said that, can you tell me why, though?"
"He's stupid."
"He's actually very intelligent. Best chess player in Hogwarts at 11."
"I hate Ron."

Can you see my point?

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I had this conversation with someone:

"I hate Ron (Weasley). He's as bad as Umbridge".
"Really, how is that?"
"I hate Ron."
"You've said that, can you tell me why, though?"
"He's stupid."
"He's actually very intelligent. Best chess player in Hogwarts at 11."
"I hate Ron."

Can you see my point?

Yeah I hear ya.

Was really just setting you up with a chance to respond with "I just hate it" but you took the high road.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Just being out and rude people. You notice that narcissism and rudeness seems to have overtaken empathy, thoughtfulness, philosophy and patience...

I'm a fairly nice mannered person, placid and patient..

So, I'm just a bit tired of it...

I don't recall things being this way back in the 80s or 90s as much..

Also, music and movie culture is not as good as it used to be...mainstream music is nothing like the 80s and 90s, and that's not me being nostalgic, I could write an essay as to why I think this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Just being out and rude people. You notice that narcissism and rudeness seems to have overtaken empathy, thoughtfulness, philosophy and patience...

I'm a fairly nice mannered person, placid and patient..

So, I'm just a bit tired of it...

I don't recall things being this way back in the 80s or 90s as much..

Also, music and movie culture is not as good as it used to be...mainstream music is nothing like the 80s and 90s, and that's not me being nostalgic, I could write an essay as to why I think this.
it almost certainly is you being nostalgic

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think so, but I appreciate your opinion...

I'll just say that the quality of mainstream films and music was actually better in the 90s and it's pretty obvious to see that as being the case...

The fact that actual bands and musicians that could write good music were receiving mainstream rotation is just one of many reasons I would argue that it's not just nostalgia..

If someone asked you to make a soundtrack of great songs of the 00s from mainstream culture it would be a very limited selection of songs in comparison to other decades in terms of quality of musicianship, songwriting, lyrics, and sheer weight of numbers...

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
People that don't understand the significance of Remembrance Day and hence don't feel the need to observe a minutes silence, even though the office PA system tells them what's going on re The Ode of Remembrance, The Last Post and the minute's silence.

Show some ******* respect you unappreciative campaigners.

I understand not everyone can be afforded the opportunity due to their line of work, I'm talking a couple of dicks sitting next to each other joking and laughing.

Marley10

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I hate how people slow down dramatically when checking their phone.
That's for people like me who cannot multi-task. We don't mean harm, but walking at a fast pace while checking the phone just doesn't happen.

I have to stand on the side to reply to a text sometimes. Oh and I cannot type and listen at the same time.

Marley10

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Now something that annoys me is people texting, fiddling with their phones, checking Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc in the middle of a conversation. If they prefer to do those things than have a conversation, then go ahead, but notify me so I can do something productive with my time.

*furiously trying to remember if I was on my phone at Tanked*
Ha!

We all use our phone at times; well, most of us do.

But I think most people know not to come along to something for two hours and spend three quarters of it on their machine. You certainly didn't! :)

Ha!

We all use our phone at times; well, most of us do.

But I think most people know not to come along to something for two hours and spend three quarters of it on their machine. You certainly didn't! :)
Unless you're modding up a storm.... Or banning Jade ;)

Back