What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

im not heartless but this shits me.

last week i get a wedding invite, it says 'we dont want gifts, we would prefer cash'

this week a person at works mum dies, he actually goes to the trouble of sending a message to us all saying 'we dont want flowers, we would prefer cash donations'

what the hell is this? everyone with their hand out demanding cash? i gift from the heart, i think about the presents i buy people. its all just a grab now. im owed these gifts from person a b c d and e, if i get it in cash ill come out square. its like a math equation.

ill give nothing rather than give cash.

last week i get a wedding invite, it says 'we dont want gifts, we would prefer cash'

this week a person at works mum dies, he actually goes to the trouble of sending a message to us all saying 'we dont want flowers, we would prefer cash donations'

what the hell is this? everyone with their hand out demanding cash? i gift from the heart, i think about the presents i buy people. its all just a grab now. im owed these gifts from person a b c d and e, if i get it in cash ill come out square. its like a math equation.

* that right off. Get what you're given you scum bags.

If for example people for their wedding ask for money towards their honeymoon and set up a registry with the travel agent I'm cool with that. If instead of flowers at a funeral people ask for donations to (example) the Australian Cancer Foundation, again, that's fine.

At least tell us why you want cash (such as to buy a new lounge suite and outdoor setting for their new home) rather than saying "gimme money". I want to know the cash I give is going to something worthwhile and not the next few trips to Dans, some new shoes etc.

If for example people for their wedding ask for money towards their honeymoon and set up a registry with the travel agent I'm cool with that. If instead of flowers at a funeral people ask for donations to (example) the Australian Cancer Foundation, again, that's fine.

At least tell us why you want cash (such as to buy a new lounge suite and outdoor setting for their new home) rather than saying "gimme money". I want to know the cash I give is going to something worthwhile and not the next few trips to Dans, some new shoes etc.

Funnily enough, as I posted this I read eth's sig. What if the people want bacon? As long as they're happy, right?

im against the whole thing of giving a gift being so programmed.

As far as im aware giving a gift is optional, its something you choose to do. Now people not only want to assume that you are giving them something but then go further still and say i dont want what you are going to choose for me, i want something else, i want cash!

screams of a petulant child syndrome.

It's the height of rudeness.

Also, people who come along to a social event then sit on their phones for most of it. Piss off if you're going to do that.

Some people use their phone as a diversion to take their mind of the rabbid fear of being in a social situation and having run out of conversation... Dont judge the introvert until you know what demons they are dealing with just being in a social scene

I know it does sound intolerant on my behalf.

I do know a few people who do it; it just grinds my gears, although I understand there may well be other reasons behind it.

It's more when someone doesn't have to come along to something, but does, and then behaves like that. Can't really understand it.

Yeh I know what you mean, made the effort to come out, atleast talk to us!

For an introvert, talking to a group of strangers can be terrifying and initiating conversation can be incredibly difficult. The group can break the ice as well and get the introvert going. I'm certainly not an introvert but I'm more on that side of the fence than an extrovert. Once the ice is broken I'm fine but sometimes it takes someone to talk to me in that situation, otherwise I feel like I'm butting into their conversation and get judged on my first comments.

Sister got married last weekend. They have been living together for a couple of years. Already have their s**t sorted with housewares/linen/wateva so they asked for cash. Have no problem with it as it makes our job a lot easier. I'd hate to spend hours trying to find the perfect gift that they don't want because they already had one and now have three more.

The funeral one is a bit weird though unless they were asking for cash donations to a charity that supports research into whatever the person died from. Have no problem with that either.

Edit: What Pweter said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UFC

am i the only one that dosent get it?

have we not progressed 2000 years since the colliseum fights in Rome?

i can understrand the fact that its probably the purest form of sport. 2 people using what they have to beat the other person but i cant get past the fact that people are piled around a cage like animals just gagging over two people hurting each other.

do you like it? watch it?

UFC

am i the only one that dosent get it?

have we not progressed 2000 years since the colliseum fights in Rome?

i can understrand the fact that its probably the purest form of sport. 2 people using what they have to beat the other person but i cant get past the fact that people are piled around a cage like animals just gagging over two people hurting each other.

do you like it? watch it?

I've always enjoyed watching fight sports, it's just a primal thing I guess. This is 2 people willingly pitting themselves against each other, but it's where I draw the line.

I'm not a fan of violence in general, it simply does too much damage to too many people in the community. When it's in a controlled environment I'm fine with it.

You know those imbeciles who firmly plant their feet in the doorway of a train packed to the gunwales and then refuse to get the * out of the way when you get to a station and there's a stampeding exodus of people trying to get off?

They s**t me rather severely. The temptation to shoulder charge such types is rather strong.

Seriously, just move to the side or, better still, get off the train altogether until the exodus has finished and then get back on. Don't make yourself a one man obstacle course.

The probability that this happened on my train this morning is somewhere between 99 and 101%.

When your boss gave someone the day off today then goes out and gets wasted last night and texts me this morning and says she won't be in so I'm here on my own (half an hour after she's meant to be here fwiw).

Yeah it's not like I can't handle it but I just think it's ridiculously unprofessional.

When your boss gave someone the day off today then goes out and gets wasted last night and texts me this morning and says she won't be in so I'm here on my own (half an hour after she's meant to be here fwiw).

Yeah it's not like I can't handle it but I just think it's ridiculously unprofessional.

I have a pretty simple rule. If you're sick, don't go to work. If you're hungover, you suck it up, and get your arse to work.

People that fail to get up to speed when using an on ramp for the freeway.

For * sake, at least get somewhere in the vicinity of 100km/h, instead of merging at 60km/h and stuffing everyone around.

I have a pretty simple rule. If you're sick, don't go to work. If you're hungover, you suck it up, and get your arse to work.

Be interesting to see what she claims it as on her time sheet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back