What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I'm actually sick. It definitely wasn't a hangover that made me wake up to spew at 3 AM...
You weren't where I was last night then, though I could hardly call it a hangover at that time of night.

Now though.... Different story.

Today was our coolest for the week. It was 38

Yeah but you've got to expect that living in the desert, even if the desert does have a river running through it.

It's going to be a brutal week. My kids will well and truly have cabin fever by the time Sunday comes around when it's predicted to be a nice cool 30 degrees.

People carrying on about Taylor Swift. I could not give a flying **** about her and am looking forward to the world moving on.

Replying because a like simply wasn't enough.

I plan on gushing a little after I see Iron Maiden in May so I'm more than happy for people to not give a crap about that when the time comes. But Taylor ******* Swift?

Yeah but you've got to expect that living in the desert, even if the desert does have a river running through it.

It's going to be a brutal week. My kids will well and truly have cabin fever by the time Sunday comes around when it's predicted to be a nice cool 30 degrees.
That's true.

We took the kids to the pool today. About 5 staff got in for a swim, myself included.

Friday is 42 and its gonna be a bastard. We've got our staff breakup and we are having lunch on a paddle boat. There will be no escape from the heat whatsoever.

That's true.

We took the kids to the pool today. About 5 staff got in for a swim, myself included.

Friday is 42 and its gonna be a bastard. We've got our staff breakup and we are having lunch on a paddle boat. There will be no escape from the heat whatsoever.
Bloody hell. Sounds like you'll have to put the cooling qualities of beer well and truly to the trst.

Updated forecast here now has Friday at 41. Ick.

I couldn't live anywhere that's too hot. I loved Adelaide recently, for example, but I reckon the dryness of the heat would be a challenge for me in the long term.

I'm not saying I love the cold, but I could pretty easily exist in somewhere like Dunedin I reckon.

I couldn't live anywhere that's too hot. I loved Adelaide recently, for example, but I reckon the dryness of the heat would be a challenge for me in the long term.

I'm not saying I love the cold, but I could pretty easily exist in somewhere like Dunedin I reckon.
It's funny, I'm the opposite. I hate humidity but dry heat doesn't bother me in the least. Having said that, any time you can feel the heat in your eyeballs you know you're in for a bad time. It will be like that all week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, I'm the opposite. I hate humidity but dry heat doesn't bother me in the least. Having said that, any time you can feel the heat in your eyeballs you know you're in for a bad time. It will be like that all week.
In general I find anything over about 34 uncomfortable.

I can still remember Black Saturday. The heat and wind that day was just cruel.

Hot is hot. When it gets above 40 it's too hot to do much whether it's 41 or 45. We probably get a few more hot days then Melbourne but Melbourne gets its share too. The tough thing about Adelaide is it doesn't cool down dramatically at night during a heat wave, we'll be sleeping in 25 - 30 degree heat. I struggle when heat and humidity is combined which we get very little of here thankfully.

I grew up in Mt Gambier and to be honest I didn't care about the cold when I lived there. I still say I prefer the cold than the heat as you can always put on more layers, in the heat you can only strip down so far.

In general I find anything over about 34 uncomfortable.

I can still remember Black Saturday. The heat and wind that day was just cruel.

I remember Ash Wednesday and I was only 7. It was disgusting weather, made worse by getting out of school and seeing the sky red against the black of smoke (pine plantations surround Mt Gambier and they went up big time). I didn't see my dad that night as he was driving milk tankers full of water out to the fire fronts. I've never been more scared in my life than I was as a little boy on that day with genuine fear I'd never see dad again. I'd packed my important belongings (mum said my favourite teddy, a couple of toy cars and a book) into a little case and was ready to go.

Got a text from ANZ this morning. To paraphrase it said 'we recently posted you an invitation to take out a personal loan which you didn't respond to. Please call us on 1300 wateva to take up this offer. To opt out follow this link'. Link takes me to a page on the ANZ site that asks for my full name and mobile number so I can opt out of something I don't even remember opting in for. You know why I didn't respond to your letter about taking out a personal loan? Wait for it.. BECAUSE I DON'T NEED A ******* PERSONAL LOAN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back