What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the genuine cases suffer due to this.

I really hope your son is able to rise above this and become stronger for it.

On a positive, I have been bouyed recently by having some of our older, cooler boys that come from a pretty bad ass background standing up and defending some younger smaller boys that either have either learning difficulties, social problems or are just nicer quieter kids. Has really made the day of the younger blokes, so take heart there are good ones out there and hopefully your son has some guys like that that will see it and stick their necks out for him.

There's a couple of places near me that teach martial arts

Far be it for me to advise how you and your family should deal with these things which is why I didn't post about martial arts initially given my lack of any real knowledge.

At the end of the day, if boxing gives your son confidence in how to handle himself in general and also confidence in dealing with the situation should it arise again, not to mention let the bully know he won't be pushed around again, then it's a good thing.

That sucks, Harlequin! Kids seem to be more and more cruel and violent, or maybe I'm suffering from selective memory. Before the dad jokes start I'm not that old, I'm only 30 :p

If you're looking at a martial art to get your son involved with then I would suggest jujitsu or karate to begin with. Both disciplines focus on defence and have a lower number of people who just want to brawl (punch someone in the head). Another option could be judo, it's very underrated but is another one that I would suggest for kids to try before more combat style sports and training.

Bloody junior cricket coaches who are more interested in going through a season undefeated than the safety of the boys.

Thunder, lightning, rain and dark and this tool wants to continue play
Um, doesn't he realize that if this continues, he's still undefeated?

Old anecdotes are fine. Unless you hate history or something. "AND THAT'S WHY HE'S SUCH A DANGEROUS PLAYER"/"THIS IS WHY WE LOVE THIS AMAZING PLAYER" is not fine. So that's Slater and Brayshaw already worse.

Of course, the producer should be in the firing line too. It's not like these guys aren't being told what to do. You only have to watch SkySports coverage v C9 to realise it's not a matter of commentators themselves. Brad McNamara pretty clearly does not want silence in the commentary box. SkySports can go deliveries with nothing bar the basics said, and sometimes even the basics are left alone. C9 does not do that. There's always talk. There's always some point being made. Sometimes it's the actual game. Sometimes it's terrible banter. There's always something going on. They're afraid of no talk. That's why they've got 3 commentators when the standard is 2. Lee sucks. Hussey sucks. Brayshaw sucks. Healy sucks. Slater sucks. Some of those guys are tolerable outside of the C9 production.
just ftr i already about buzz's questionable social media use when i made this post

www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/feb/13/channel-nine-destroying-cricket-legacy?CMP=share_btn_tw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was nice spaghetti sauce:D

Though her dad was pissed off
I reckon the most expensive bottle of wine I've used in cooking would be about $20. And even that, that was only a third of a bottle.

Don't blame papa for being pissed off. Naughty Harlequin Jr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back