What should Stew Crameri do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't make any sense.

Why would he go to ASADA to negotiate a penalty now, BEFORE they let them all see the evidence which they will in a couple of weeks? (After the appeal period from the trial expires)
Probably because he knows he's cooked anyway and is going to take responsibility sooner rather than later

Why would he go to ASADA to negotiate a penalty now, BEFORE they let them all see the evidence which they will in a couple of weeks? (After the appeal period from the trial expires)
He would have an outline of the terms & charges from the previous SCNs I'd imagine.

He has no blind allegiance to Hird so has the capacity to think for himself.

Doesn't make any sense.

Same reason the NRL boys did it. They know something dodgy happened, they know they are ****ed if they try and fight it, and ASADA is willing to give them a severely reduced penalty if they can get it done and dusted quickly. Stew will only do it if he's being given assurances of leniency. I'm glad it will have some finality about it now.

But there's a problem. The 34 players IIRC tacitly backed the Dons legal challenge and did not rollover like the Sharks. Also what the Sharks did was much smaller in scope.

Anything less than a 12 months penalty (halving the 24 months for co-operating) and ASADA looks like a complete joke.

But there's a problem. The 34 players IIRC tacitly backed the Dons legal challenge and did not rollover like the Sharks. Also what the Sharks did was much smaller in scope.

Anything less than a 12 months penalty (halving the 24 months for co-operating) and ASADA looks like a complete joke.
Asada already look like a complete joke to be fair DR.

Anyone know if Crameri is doing the pre-emptive unofficial ban option already 'just in case' or is he still attending team activities?

He should sing like a canary and tell ASADA everything he knows. If that means we miss out on his services for a period of time so be it - there should be zero tolerance for performance-enhancing drug cheating in our game, and the quicker this systematic doping regime at Essendon is exposed the better for the long term health of the game.

It's an interesting one, IIRC Cronulla got their bans backdated because ASADA committed a lot of their capacity to the Essendon situation. Yet I keep hearing about 6 month bans and only missing 3-6 home and away matches. I agree that after all Essendon have done to put obstacles in the road, you would think ASADA would be pushing for sizeable bans. Interesting times.

It's an interesting one, IIRC Cronulla got their bans backdated because ASADA committed a lot of their capacity to the Essendon situation. Yet I keep hearing about 6 month bans and only missing 3-6 home and away matches. I agree that after all Essendon have done to put obstacles in the road, you would think ASADA would be pushing for sizeable bans. Interesting times.
The first canary to sing will give them a huge amount of weight in the investigations though - tweet tweet tweet Stew, and we get you back sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

msut admit i gave a little fist-pump in the car when i heard this on the way to work this morning...stew wants it over with. the bombers players aren't pushing things along due to their 'club first mentality' - and good on them (seriously EFC players have been incredible ). but stew isn't required to do what's best for EFC, and the doggies have said to stew, 'do what's best for you'.

all the best stew...the red, white and blue are behind you

It's the players association they are breaking away from not Essendon. Players association are running a "class action" on behalf of the 34 players who have been given a show cause notice, but both Crameri and Prismal are getting their own lawyers to represent them. The AFLPA are saying that there is no indication they are going with a different defense to the rest, but then why break away I guess.

At this stage ASADA have not yet provided any proof of what has happened, so it's hard for the players to build their defense. Hird's appeal has slowed things down again....but of course he's doing that to help the players and not himself. :D

The claim that "All 34 players have until now been represented solely by a legal team led by the AFL Players' Association." is patently false.

As I have said in the past. I know for certain that there is at least one past or present member of the 34 served with a SCN that has engaged independent legal counsel.

That would be true if ASADA had concrete evidence - which they clearly don't - which is what has allowed Essendon to drag this out over two full years.

That's why they are so keen on having the players ostensibly dob themselves in and take bans voluntarily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back