Strategy What should we do with Jesse White?

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, it's apparent he's the most hated player on the board. But with his weekly 'roast' threads, their seems to be no other strategy for him other than to drop him.

Lets have a look at his season.

Average disposals: 12
Goals: 20 (his career best is 22 in a season)
Average score involvements: 5
Average marks: 5
Average clangers: 1

Not bad stats. Could be better. He should not, and will not be dropped. He definitely plays better up forward when both Grundy and Witts are playing in the Ruck.

So what should we do with him?

Last edited:
He'd actually be better than most second forwards. I mean, didn't everyone expect 35ish goals from him when we recruited him. He is on track for that...

At this stage I think all we can do is keep playing him. If Gault was any good he wouldn't be getting a game. But at this stage he is probably still the best option, as depressing as that is.

He'd actually be better than most second forwards. I mean, didn't everyone expect 35ish goals from him when we recruited him. He is on track for that...
Exactly. He's fitting his role pretty well. Yet people just find it so easy to hate him.

Persist with him, maybe his confidence is shot from reading Big Footy!

He will come good, well he is good he will get better.

I'm ambivalent on White. I liked his game today. He created a lot of space in the forward 50, took some good marks, even made a few plays out of stoppages. But you have to wonder if you can have a serial choker like that in a premiership side...

With Reid perennially injured, we have no choice but to keep in the side for now.

Overall his year has been ok. On track for 30-35 goals which is not too bad for a 2nd forward who has also spent some time in the ruck.

Moore will eventually take his place in the side, hopefully as early as next year.

Jesse's stats are fine. It's his composure under mental pressure and choosing when to attack the footy that really drive people up the wall. He's a great scapegoat because he's an 'almost' player and in high pressure games against the top sides, things like that tend to stand out more.

Like his kicking, everyone bangs on about his missed shots when he puts in some really hard yards to get to those kicks and create the set shots in the first place.

He's good for structure and ultimately a 'stopgap' until one of Moore or Reid can play regular footy. Not much else to do with him aside from persist and hope he comes good.

He's the third forward if you like (behind Cloke and Elliot, sort of). Based on his current tally of 20 goals at rd 14 he could easily push for 30 (35+ if he improves his conversion rate). Not bad from whats essentially a 3rd forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist.

The Big Show to replace White, Cloke and Witts as our Ruck/KPP forwards

Hope your not serious.

When Cloke is in the ruck and Witts is on the bench we'll have one key forward at 186cm in the forwardline.

The most frustrating thing about White is his level of consistency, not his kicking IMO. There's been some games where I thought he wasn't playing at all until mid way through the 2nd quarter or so I'd actually see him touch the ball. Some weeks he plays his role, other weeks he goes unnoticed.

His got a good body size, improved speed, ability to kick goals from the more difficult angles, yet misses the easy ones like his mate on 800K a year.
20 goals ytd, on track to reach maybe 30. Not bad for a second tall forward. Personally, I like him. But I'd like him alot more if he improved consistency + accuracy.

Last edited:
Get Moore Gametime in the AFL.

He has way more upside the White.

Seems a better set shot on Goal and I think we won’t panic when kicking for goal in a Big Game

There's a really good player at Melbourne I think we could make a play for.

Can't think of his name right now but I think it's something like Doors or Jaws.

I think he'd be a really good fit for us. :rainbow:

Would love Dawes now. He would been better then Q-Stick and Jessica White

Out of curiosity does anyone actually know what forwards are available in the coming free agency period? or even trade period? What is our actual options for a plausible replacement? Because i still think Jesse could work as a Third tall option back up, and run him in the VFL for awhile until he earns back his place.

Out of curiosity does anyone actually know what forwards are available in the coming free agency period? or even trade period? What is our actual options for a plausible replacement? Because i still think Jesse could work as a Third tall option back up, and run him in the VFL for awhile until he earns back his place.

I don’t think there is anything that is Better then White in the Free Agency and No Idea about Trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back