Analysis What support has the Club given Hardwick in the coaches box for this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

i might send him one of those vibrating neck braces for game day. It will have to be battery operated for when he runs out of the box down to the boundary line for no reason during games.

You expose your true underlying opinion of Hardwick with unnecessary sledges like that one, Rusty.

Lol your done aren't you . The simple truth is you have NFI and you know it.

Still can't believe your bagging this thread when you said you created the same thread and had the same concerns yourself .

I am done because you are just if not trolling, just taking the piss. Why i put focus in caps ? seriously dude lol. The simple TRUTH ( see what i did there? :p) is that you have NFI. I have explained my position, not once but three times but you ignore it and come out with the one liners that deserve a LOL.

Anyway chief, no need to get all upset. If you dont like my post, just report it dude, i am 100% positive you know how :D

You expose your true underlying opinion of Hardwick with unnecessary sledges like that one, Rusty.
Thats one of the main reasons the review showed he needed support as he did that twice last year. Does it mean I hate him ? no ! Would I like him to stop it? Yes

Would I like him to get better at his job ? Definately and the club should help him out !

I am done because your right and I do have NFI and I do make up a lot of stuff and talk as if I am at the table and have been involved in every meeting that happens at the club! That is the simple truth !

It makes me feel special. I can't even give a thread similar to one I posted myself any merit because I didn't start it myself and that dI want make me feel special.

Underlying???

Rusty's hatred of Hardwick is only just shy of that of Hampson....maybe he just doesn't like the letter H.

Underlying???

Rusty's hatred of Hardwick is only just shy of that of Hampson....maybe he just doesn't like the letter H.
Hampson is a joke and there are better coaches out there than Hardwick I dont see how that converts into hate.

If you are suggesting I seriously hate them then you must really really love them in a funny way.

So we couldnt attract Daly to stay??? and couldnt attract anyone to replace.

And the debate is whether or not we have enough experience....
Maybe they handled the Daley situation like they did the Matty White situation . Oh what's that your leaving ! Oh good luck then

So we couldnt attract Daly to stay??? and couldnt attract anyone to replace.

And the debate is whether or not we have enough experience....
No, as I said since it was talking about helping out DH this year, and since Daly had made the decision to leave prior to the conclusion of this year, him being included in the discussion is moot imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, as I said since it was talking about helping out DH this year, and since Daly had made the decision to leave prior to the conclusion of this year, him being included in the discussion is moot imo.

I'll respect your opinion... but you would think we would have been able to try and negotiate to keep him at some point... unless we let him walk. If that was the case than surely we would have recognized that our football department was losing an experienced campaigner,,

The Collingwood scenario is an interesting one. I would say right upto the last round of the season there wouldnt have been much thought about replacing some one with the experience of Eade. But when Eade looked like going the first thing the Pies did was start looking at a replacement to match his level of experience.... They strated and the top and worked thier way down and landed probably the most respected Football managers in the country. The pies understand that you need experienced support .... Buckley knows it. Eddies knows it......
Port lose Walsh.... and go and get Voss... etc...

We lose Daly and dont see the same urgency in replacing his experience? is our football department so much better than the teams above us that we could simple absorb any personnel that leaves?

Look Rutten might quickly rise to be an excellent assistant.... Bailey and McQualter might be superstarts in the making.... Choco might have more time at the club than is we think....
Or the opposite might happened.. we might find Choco has to take off alot more time off .... Rutten needs more guidance taking away resources from the club... and Bailey and McQualter are fal out keeping up with thier roles with the VFL team..
I think we are light on in the coaches box and with our Assistants especially with a coach that most on here are not sold on. Dimma needs more support IMO.

In one breathe the argument seems to be ... "its ok we have enough experience".... and in the same breathe "we will find out at the end of the year if Dimma has what it takes".......
Do the people above Dimma know what they are doing?

Last edited:
I'll respect your opinion... but you would think we would have been able to try and negotiate to keep him at some point... unless we let him walk. If that was the case than surely we would have recognized that our football department was losing an experienced campaigner,,

The Collingwood scenario is an interesting one. I would say right upto the last round of the season there wouldnt have been much thought about replacing some one with the experience of Eade. But when Eade looked like going the first thing the Pies did was start looking at a replacement to match his level of experience.... They strated and the top and worked thier way down and landed probably the most respected Football managers in the country. The pies understand that you need experienced support .... Buckley knows it. Eddies knows it......

We lose Daly and dont see the same urgency in replacing his experience? is our football department so much better than the teams above us that we could simple absorb any personnel that leaves?

Look Rutten might quickly rise to be an excellent assistant.... Bailey and McQualter might be superstarts in the making.... Choco might have more time at the club than is we think....
Or the opposite might happened.. we might find Choco has to take off alot more time off .... Rutten needs more guidance taking away resources from the club... and Bailey and McQualter are fal out keeping up with thier roles with the VFL team..
I think we are light on in the coaches box and with our Assistants especially with a coach that most on here are not sold on. Dimma needs more support IMO.

In one breathe the argument seems to be ... "its ok we have enough experience".... and in the same breathe "we will find out at the end of the year if Dimma has what it takes".......

Very well explained.
I agree that the Chocco risk is a real one as he's our most experienced assistant to Dimma in general.
As far as the others go I acknowledge coaches like Rutten, Bailey and McQualter are inexperienced but they bring deep knowledge of up to date/relevant techniques to pass on to the playing group.

In general I agree that another experienced coach would add to the panel with the departure of Daley.
But the premise that the club has not been proactive in seeking one out is incorrect. That we haven't landed one could be for a variety of reasons, none of which I know.

I also think the comparison of Balme/Eade is false in that it would be Balme/Richardson, ie not a coaches box role, so irrelevant. That Collingwood nailed Balme for whatever role maybe speaks to their ability to close a deal, but nothing to do with the OP.

IMO I think Daly wanted a different challenge, like most assistants when they change clubs. I'm sure we would have tried to keep him, but clearly we couldn't. Just because he left doesn't mean we just let him go without trying to change his mind. From what we have heard Choco. nothing has changed in his attendance but who knows that may change. I also would have liked Voss(I know you didn't like him), purely as a mid teacher. Most of what I would have said Liv has explained in a post up the page. As I said, I don't disagree with the idea of more experience around the group, just the amount of talent that was available and to what extent they were what we needed. I also agree that recent players can pass on all they have learnt from good coaches which is why those new coaches have come on board. At the end of the day, I guess we will see how we go.

Very well explained.
I agree that the Chocco risk is a real one as he's our most experienced assistant to Dimma in general.
As far as the others go I acknowledge coaches like Rutten, Bailey and McQualter are inexperienced but they bring deep knowledge of up to date/relevant techniques to pass on to the playing group.

In general I agree that another experienced coach would add to the panel with the departure of Daley.
But the premise that the club has not been proactive in seeking one out is incorrect. That we haven't landed one could be for a variety of reasons, none of which I know.

I also think the comparison of Balme/Eade is false in that it would be Balme/Richardson, ie not a coaches box role, so irrelevant. That Collingwood nailed Balme for whatever role maybe speaks to their ability to close a deal, but nothing to do with the OP.
I think the ability to close a deal is getting to the heart of this thread Livo.

IMO I think Daly wanted a different challenge, like most assistants when they change clubs. I'm sure we would have tried to keep him, but clearly we couldn't. Just because he left doesn't mean we just let him go without trying to change his mind. From what we have heard Choco. nothing has changed in his attendance but who knows that may change. I also would have liked Voss(I know you didn't like him), purely as a mid teacher. Most of what I would have said Liv has explained in a post up the page. As I said, I don't disagree with the idea of more experience around the group, just the amount of talent that was available and to what extent they were what we needed. I also agree that recent players can pass on all they have learnt from good coaches which is why those new coaches have come on board. At the end of the day, I guess we will see how we go.
I think when Daley decided to go to the Bears he sured up his future because at the time of making his decision he thought he could be a part of a massive clean out which is smart . Good on Damien for turning things around.

Do you believe he was to be given the arse? Havent heard that info.

He believed Dimma was getting the arse and daley et al would be collateral damage.
While Mr Trombone is trying to have a foot in both camps, that is still his view. Clear from early in this thread.

Very well explained.

You can give Eade and Balme what ever title you want.... at the end of the day they are in the decision making process at their respective football clubs. They have a huge amount of experience and have been there done that in most scenarios that all football clubs go through... whether on field or off field. It might be the way they deal with a problem player... Steve J as an example.... It might words of advice to Buckley when things arent going right etc... It might be simply re-enforcing a decision made by the coach.... at the end of the day they were paid to watch the back of the coach... give him a cop out ... or pump his tyres when needed. Simply be the voice of the club to deflect attention on the playing group and coach...... do the media rounds when the heat on on etc etc....
Other than Daly I didnt see too many from the football department stepping in for Dimma when the heat was on.... It was pretty much left up to Benny gale... and Dimma and the players.

Hampson is a joke and there are better coaches out there than Hardwick I dont see how that converts into hate.

If you are suggesting I seriously hate them then you must really really love them in a funny way.
Who is the better coach than hardwick that is available rusty. ? The players seem to enjoy playing under him and the only ones who don't are s**t and deserve the arse . There are still some on the list that do still fit into this category but they just sick harder . The first letter in their surname is the same as the last two .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back