What the * has happened to this team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it too late to poach Misbah Ul Haq?

EDIT nah can you imagine him trying to get everyone to play sensible?

Misbah: if we're 2 or 3/30 on the first morning, grind it out, value your wicket, take 50 overs to put on 100 runs if you have to.

Warner, Maxwell & co: Nah F*** off mate, reverse slog sweep a ball outside leg stump.
Nah, Warner would punch him for not speaking English.

People point out everything when things are going wrong, WAGS aren't the issue, it's the fact we haven't developed batsmen who can handle any pitch outside the Australian norm
Correction in bold. Edgbaston and Trent Bridge have been very much like the long term norm for English pitches, particularly for the north and midlands. Old Trafford and Headingley are traditionally much the same, Headingley perhaps greener and softer.

Correction in bold. Edgbaston and Trent Bridge have been very much like the long term norm for English pitches, particularly for the north and midlands. Old Trafford and Headingley are traditionally much the same, Headingley perhaps greener and softer.

Basically we have become India

Is it too late to poach Misbah Ul Haq?

EDIT nah can you imagine him trying to get everyone to play sensible?

Misbah: if we're 2 or 3/30 on the first morning, grind it out, value your wicket, take 50 overs to put on 100 runs if you have to.

Warner, Maxwell & co: Nah F*** off mate, reverse slog sweep a ball outside leg stump.
AB for coach IMO. Can you imagine him captaining this bunch?

Can't say I'm particularly bothered by that. It is only a game of cricket, however much meaning we may wish to attach to it.

Funny the players never feel the same way when the praise(and money) is getting handed out after a thumping ashes win or WC win.

No big deal it's just a game...unless you thump them then you want your arse kissed by all and sundry.

Funny the players never feel the same way when the praise(and money) is getting handed out after a thumping ashes win or WC win.

No big deal it's just a game...unless you thump them then you want your arse kissed by all and sundry.

To give Starc his due, he never looks overly enthusiastic. If anyone was going to say that. I'd expect it to come from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That campaigner shouldn't have survived the Argus review.

If we're lucky, this debacle will finally get rid of the *******.
The fact he sat in on the interviews for that review was just ******* farcical.

i think some people still care. especially those who have tickets to the 5th test

when you are defending less than 200 bowlers cant win :(

i understand starcs POV. i mean given that hughes died from an abbott missile accidentally, and given whats happened to the walsh family, life is more important.....

but IPL and 20/twenty in general has helped build bridges between countries and cultures and players. that's a good thing. however it has also meant players are buddy buddy with each other and everyone's best mates. putting it bluntly, there aint no fire cause it might burn someone, just an LED candle rival players sit around chatting.

There is no chance in hell that Starc was referring to Hughes getting killed due to not being able to play the short ball.

Phil Walsh? please.

Starc epitomises my generation of cricketer. They are s**t. The struggle to apply themselves consistently (if at all) and it is all about playing like millionaires.

Starc is the reason fast bowlers should never speak or show off their latest big game kill.

* off the Marsh's, Voges. Get Burns and Kawaja around the squad like we were doing with P.Hughes (RIP). Need some traditional techniques (personally I think our obsession with all rounders isnt working out, they have to be good). Warner needs to be held to account. I think he should be in the team but he is to comfortable at the moment. I think we are in for some short term pain., But our under 19s and Australia A have been ok overseas of late. This ashes will be good for the squad in the long run.

I think our bowlers are fine. they will be able to take 20 most matches I think.

There is no chance in hell that Starc was referring to Hughes getting killed due to not being able to play the short ball.

Phil Walsh? please.

Starc epitomises my generation of cricketer. They are s**t. The struggle to apply themselves consistently (if at all) and it is all about playing like millionaires.

where did i say that?

Phil Walsh? please.

Wow, so insightful, you should write for Wisden!:rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same old problem with the Australian Cricket Team.

The arrogance that serves them so well when they are up and about and winning, bites them on the arse when things go pear shaped because they can't tone it down.

Starc is the reason fast bowlers should never speak or show off their latest big game kill.

**** off the Marsh's, Voges. Get Burns and Kawaja around the squad like we were doing with P.Hughes (RIP). Need some traditional techniques (personally I think our obsession with all rounders isnt working out, they have to be good). Warner needs to be held to account. I think he should be in the team but he is to comfortable at the moment. I think we are in for some short term pain., But our under 19s and Australia A have been ok overseas of late. This ashes will be good for the squad in the long run.

I think our bowlers are fine. they will be able to take 20 most matches I think.
I don't know why we should be ****ing off Mitch Marsh. He should be persevered with.

Nah hes watson 2.0
That's a ridiculously early call. He's developed so much in the domestic comp, has a good head on his shoulders for his age and has talent to burn. If he has to earn his shot back via the Shield, so be it, but he'd be back in soon enough IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back