Opinion What the Ruck do we do?

what is the best ruck setup for the swans as of right now ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its only nic nat :(

So if we will lose that anyway have Pyke back in being shithouse, have Tippett forward. Tippett has too much potential to be shithouse against TicTac.

So if we will lose that anyway have Pyke back in being shithouse, have Tippett forward. Tippett has too much potential to be shithouse against TicTac.

Tippett will sit out u watch

Nankervis was one of the only real positives tonight, may as well put some faith in him and let him have a crack at trying to be the no 1 ruck. He'll have some bad games but at least he will improve, give him as much exposure as possible and get him ready for next year, where given our trade ban he may have to be main man (even if we do get some fringe ruck, there's no guarantee they'll be better). If Naismith returns and performs strongly maybe give him a game or 2 to rest Nank leading into finals (or more if he's the better performed of the 2)..build the ruck depth, showing some faith in the kids isn't always bad, there's a few examples of decent young rucks who have done well when given a chance going around.

Giles not getting a game at Essendon ????? Seemed OK at GWS. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Playing in the VFL? Could we get him for under $350k? Or will Nanka and Nanker be good to go next year?

Giles not getting a game at Essendon ????? Seemed OK at GWS. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Playing in the VFL? Could we get him for under $350k? Or will Nanka and Nanker be good to go next year?

Isnt he injured

This will see what Pykes status is. Is he playing because Dericxkksks is worse than Pyke on one leg? Is Pyke over this knee thing? We need Pyke back to his best to have a chancew Sunday and for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump...

Timely discussion topic now that it seems we are looking at getting either Leuenberger or Sinclair, since we need backup in case Pyke's knees don't hold up and our young rucks aren't quite ready yet. Luey has had problems with injury but is a FA, Sinks looks promising but may not come cheap as the Eagles know we need a ruckman and so may ask for more than just Jetta, more so if they win the GF. Who will we get and where does this leave our other rucks?

Bump...

Timely discussion topic now that it seems we are looking at getting either Leuenberger or Sinclair, since we need backup in case Pyke's knees don't hold up and our young rucks aren't quite ready yet. Luey has had problems with injury but is a FA, Sinks looks promising but may not come cheap as the Eagles know we need a ruckman and so may ask for more than just Jetta, more so if they win the GF. Who will we get and where does this leave our other rucks?
You could have kept it up and said Jetts

You could have kept it up and said Jetts

True. Maybe it does not need a separate thread right now, but I thought I'd post it here just in case you and Punts felt inclined to continue the Sinks v Luey debate.

There is no love lost between you two that's for sure.

Bump...

Maybe it is just me but I don't see how Sinclair is an upgrade. He is no more than a 2nd ruck, we have how many of those on our list? Leunberger, yes please. Genuine first ruck is what we need. We don't need a 2nd ruck, we have Tippett to do that, plus Pyke, plus 2 others on our list.

Agree with that to some extent, but we may not have a choice if he chooses your old team over us.

Agree with that to some extent, but we may not have a choice if he chooses your old team over us.

Then I'd rather not go after Sinclair. If we can't get a 1st ruck, we should back our ruckmen on our list in, or get a VFL genuine first ruck as a stop gap (rookie pick). I don't see how getting Sinclair is better than this year. We have the same situation with Tippett being the 1st ruck...and as much as he was good at it, I'd rather him as a forward, pinch hitting (no more than 30%) in the ruck. Sinclair works for WCE because Nic Nat takes 80% of the ruck...he isn't a 1st ruck, Scott Lycett is. Now whether WCE would trade Lycett is another thing though.

I've had a look at Sinclairs stats: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/player-profile/callum-sinclair. Great results for this year but terrible in the years prior. Is he really worth a first round pick? I know nothing about him.

First round for Sinclair..if we pay that I'd be asking serious questions.

It would be nice to see Sinclair's WAFL stats actually, he won't be playing 2nd ruck here, and he hardly is dominant in the ruck when played at AFL level in the ruck. What he is VERY GOOD at is up forward, probably one of the best set shots for a ruck.

Back