What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was Leaseplan and i think Ben Q

If he helped with that then good on him .
But the issue is more about the wider problem of equalisation. Or lack of.
I am very cynical any of the bigger clubs will give anything up, including Collingwood.
But as I said I am more than willing to be convinced I am wrong .

We start winning games and playing decent footy and we'll get some decent time slots. We deserved the Sunday twilight games this year.

How is it in eddies interests to pump for equalisation?? Seriously???
First bullshit, we were top 3 three years running and were still shafted relative to bottom 8 teams like Richmond and Carlton in that time.

Secondly, it allows him a platform to get rid of things he dislikes like COLA. I'm sure he doesn't mind having teams like us and the Roos around but so long as we're kept in our place.

If Eddie really cared about equalisation then wouldn't he hand over the Anzac fixture to one of us, North or Melbourne?

Yeah, funny that.

Eddie is president of coolingwood so rightly that is where his priority should lie. I think he does a great job for them. He doesn't need to promote us it isn't his job, but in the scheme of things I would say he is more so on our side than against us, and I think when he rallies for some things like the salary cap rorts by Sydney and gws he is looking after his own interests, but is also helping ours in the process.

Eddie is president of coolingwood so rightly that is where his priority should lie. I think he does a great job for them. He doesn't need to promote us it isn't his job, but in the scheme of things I would say he is more so on our side than against us, and I think when he rallies for some things like the salary cap rorts by Sydney and gws he is looking after his own interests, but is also helping ours in the process.
I pretty much completely agree with this. I just get annoyed when people set him up as some sort of fair-minded benefactor. He has his clubs best interest at heart and doesn't actively promote our demise (and often states a preference to keep us around), despite in some ways contribute to its possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's the best person for the job and will help lead the club out of the wilderness, I'm all for him.
Why is being aboriginal the focus?
Of course he needs to be selected on merit. But as an Aboriginal person achieving something noteworthy it raises awareness and perception of Aboriginal people across the community (in which there are still stereotype attitudes persisting) and also serves as a positive role model for their people as a whole.

photo.php

A fairly anodyne interview - nothing to get excited about - but two things I noticed ...
He has picked up the McCartney lingo. Didn't say "cracking in" but he did describe Macrae as "an impressive young man".
The other was right at the finish as they were wrapping up and thanking him - he said "Slainte". A Murphy acknowledging St Pat's Day!

A fairly anodyne interview - nothing to get excited about - but two things I noticed ...
He has picked up the McCartney lingo. Didn't say "cracking in" but he did describe Macrae as "an impressive young man".
The other was right at the finish as they were wrapping up and thanking him - he said "Slainte". A Murphy acknowledging St Pat's Day!

He rascaled himself on 360 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back