What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
never picked you for a masochist, but there ya go ;)

I only ever tune it for a look at Caro to be honest. Helps me relax, de-stress and purge my body of hurtful toxins. It always helps me to get a restful nights sleep.

Last edited:

Thanks! I couldn't find it in the guide. I'm always interested to here Gary and Mathews thoughts on the dogs.
Gary's catch phrase In the media this season is 'small sample size'.
The small sample he is referring to is his minute understanding of anything that has taken place at the dogs in the last 6 months, apart from the media drivel he is spoon fed about our club. For 2-3 years he has been full of praise for Melb's quality young kids, but had none for ours.

I usually don't mind Loyd, however his continued focus on Tom Boyd and comparing him to other forward's in the league has become repetitive and transparent in his opinion of the trade. He compared Tom Boyd to GWS's Cam McCarthy last week which flew right over my head. McCarthy was playing further up the ground kicking entries inside 50 whereas Boyd's spent his time crashing packs around our goal square. Not sure how he can just brush aside their roles within the structure of the team for the sake trying to prove one player is ahead of the other.

Gary's catch phrase In the media this season is 'small sample size'.
The small sample he is referring to is his minute understanding of anything that has taken place at the dogs in the last 6 months, apart from the media drivel he is spoon fed about our club. For 2-3 years he has been full of praise for Melb's quality young kids, but had none for ours.

I usually don't mind Loyd, however his continued focus on Tom Boyd and comparing him to other forward's in the league has become repetitive and transparent in his opinion of the trade. He compared Tom Boyd to GWS's Cam McCarthy last week which flew right over my head. McCarthy was playing further up the ground kicking entries inside 50 whereas Boyd's spent his time crashing packs around our goal square. Not sure how he can just brush aside their roles within the structure of the team for the sake trying to prove one player is ahead of the other.

Don't worry. I recall the same doubts, scepticism and downright ignorance as we were making our climb off the canvas in '97.

We know what we're about and that's all that matters.

Thanks! I couldn't find it in the guide. I'm always interested to here Gary and Mathews thoughts on the dogs.
I think that's sarcasm...
I only ever tune it for a look at Caro to be honest. Helps me relax, de-stress and purge my body of hurtful toxins. It always helps me to get a restful nights sleep.
I think that's sarcasm...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very similar theme to Robbo's article and a few errors on which player did what but nicely written. Outlines a few of the pivotal moments as has been said in our review, including the Stringer tackle on Franklin.

Very similar theme to Robbo's article and a few errors on which player did what but nicely written. Outlines a few of the pivotal moments as has been said in our review, including the Stringer tackle on Franklin.

Thanks for posting this fargy. I loved the picture in the article of our two 19 year old tyros facing up to big Mike Pike. The Bont and Tom Boyd flying the flag!

Pretty good read, combine every one percenter in there & you see it's just a win after win of small contests for the Dogs that meant we held on. Not even a glimmer that any one of those players had given up.

Wood's sprint to the ball, absolutely immaculate one handed pick up in the wet with a handball straight to a team-mate was just perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back