What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really glad they talked about Bob, the boys and captaincy on 360 rather than going on AGAIN about the off-season we had, the expectations we initially had and how those have changed etc etc.

Was a good interview :)

The highlight from the interview was a comment along the lines of, "I feel like this is the team I was born to play in," referring to the current side/setup.
Was going to post the same thing but forgot how it was worded haha! What he said was so true, this team and style is perfect for Murph :)

TOM Boyd was the Christmas present Western Bulldogs fans were only supposed to unwrap in 2017.

Two rounds in, after Jeremy McGovern and Alex Rance treated him as their plaything, they wondered if he would be any good by 2027.

Yet five weeks into the season, the Western Bulldogs are one of many clubs being rewarded for bold and adventurous trading.

Boyd is no Tom Hawkins yet, but after the most brutal list of opponents a second-year tall would ever encounter, he is just one of the remarkable Bulldogs success stories.

593642-60b6f200-f2f4-11e4-8640-5412dd2d4115.jpg

Ryan Griffen in action for the GWS Giants. Picture: Mark Evans

And arguably, he is outperforming former Dogs captain Ryan Griffen, the man traded away by the Bulldogs (along with pick six) in last year’s once-in-a-lifetime trade.

Griffen will come good — he has to after a strangely flat opening where he has averaged just seven kicks a game, his lowest total since 2008.

Don’t look now, but Boyd has kicked seven goals in his last three weeks on Norm Smith medallist Brian Lake (three), All-Australian defender Daniel Talia (two) and premiership defender Heath Grundy (two).

He has help up an end on the competition’s defensive gorillas who might have played on dynamo Jake Stringer and found just enough space to hit the scoreboard.

He hasn’t dominated by any means but in averaging 10 disposals and four marks (three inside 5), he has done exactly what Beveridge would have asked him.

Griffen’s form slump is more befuddling given he has been tagged only once — by St Kilda’s Mav Weller — and has only one breakout game against Gold Coast (eight handballs, 21 kicks).

Still, with Greater Western Sydney believed to be paying only $180,000 of Griffen’s salary this year and also with pick six (key back Caleb Marchbank) it will ultimately turn into a win-win deal.

It is another reminder that not trading at all can sometimes be a bigger risk than stepping into the unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed they are going to say * all about us on Classified tonight. What do we have to do ffs.

I got foxtel play on my Xbox tonight and made the right decision. Not only do I get our games now, they actually give us a bit of time on their shows.

Lloyd and Lyon are gutless and will say nothing about us that is positive. Just ignore us as much as is possible. I can handle people who are pricks towards us, so long as they can recognise when they've been wrong and show some integrity.

Noticed they are going to say **** all about us on Classified tonight. What do we have to do ffs.

I got foxtel play on my Xbox tonight and made the right decision. Not only do I get our games now, they actually give us a bit of time on their shows.

Lloyd and Lyon are gutless and will say nothing about us that is positive. Just ignore us as much as is possible. I can handle people who are pricks towards us, so long as they can recognise when they've been wrong and show some integrity.

Show hasn't finished yet mate. I'll give them the benefit for tonight's show until it has actually ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back