What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm I cant find anything at this stage from credible sources with listings that include the AFL as a not for profit organisation. Will see if I can do a search through the AB of Statistics

Extract from ABS website;

"Many well-known organisations are non-profit organisations, for example: Opera Australia and the Australian Football League; the ACTU and the Business Council of Australia; the Australian Jockey Club and the Surf Lifesaving Association; the Melbourne Club and the Returned Services League; the Brotherhood of St Laurence and the Salvation Army; the Australian Labor Party and Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party; the Australian Medical Association and Greenpeace; Geelong Grammar and the Workers Educational Association. Many more non-profits constitute the fabric of local communities, for example: local play groups and child care centres, sporting clubs and associations, recreation clubs and societies, churches and church groups, residents' associations, and service clubs.
Non-profit organisations are many and varied, but together they constitute a separate, distinct class of organisations, neither government nor business, with their own distinctive rules and characteristics. These are reviewed below. The rules for defining the non-profits are easy enough to state, but a little more difficult to apply in all circumstances.
Non-profit organisations are, first of all, organisations. This means that a non-profit organisation will have a set of rules or a constitution that gives it a life beyond the group that began it. Non-profits may be incorporated, a legal term meaning that the organisation has a legal identity independent of its members. Larger non-profits, which employ people, are incorporated in most instances. However, the great majority of non-profits, which are small and rely entirely on volunteer behaviour, are not incorporated."

AFL in my opinion definitely go over their brief as custodians of the game. There is plenty of money in the game to have equality in TV rights, fixturing, etc for all teams. The will own the $1B Etihad stadium before long ffs.

As a non profit, they gain tax concessions as they are in theory there as a benefit to the community on a whole, but really the AFL have become more like greedy swine, just trying to win the 'we have the most money' race with other sports, and lining the administrators (boys clubs) pockets.

St Kilda, I've said repeatedly, will be seen as an aberration. We were utterly dominant and we've shown all year that 4 qtr footy isn't an issue any more, but we tired so badly in that game as we all know that if we played them any other week, we win by 15 goals. Such a shame.

And as a side note, as good as Billings was in the last qtr, the eulogising that the Saints supporters are going on with about him, given he kicked goals against witches hats, is making me sick. Let's see how he goes all year. I'm not sold on him yet. It's hard to be dominant throughout a career at 6' tall.
Billings is good and did well against us but as you say he had little opposition in the fourth quarter and the ball was coming in with unpressured measured disposals every minute. He had done stuff all to half time but kicked 3 goals in the last quarter. Make of that what you will.

Anyway let's give the lad (and the Saints fans) his moment of glory. I'm happy with where we are at, especially relative to St Kilda.
As for Bonts vs Billings - well, both will be very good so let's not be mean-spirited. But again, I'm very happy with what we've got at the kennel.

Billings is good and did well against us but as you say he had little opposition in the fourth quarter and the ball was coming in with unpressured measured disposals every minute. He had done stuff all to half time but kicked 3 goals in the last quarter. Make of that what you will.

Anyway let's give the lad (and the Saints fans) his moment of glory. I'm happy with where we are at, especially relative to St Kilda.
As for Bonts vs Billings - well, both will be very good so let's not be mean-spirited. But again, I'm very happy with what we've got at the kennel.

Agree with this & will be happy to revisit the discussion after the return game in a few weeks time

Jong still has the glove on :(

Yeh what was the go with Jongy on the weekend. Worst game I have ever seen him play including the absolute howlers last year. Just looked slow and not interested in getting the pill. Was shocked to see he still had 10 tackles which is a good sign. Gee I hope his injury hasn't dampened his confidence, he was flying!

Interesting to hear Thompson on 360 saying players who need to go back to the 2s to learn the game should stay there until they are performing as the coaches want them to, no matter how highly they are rated. He cited Bartel and Chapman who spent 4 weeks in the 2nds at one stage. He was talking on the subject of Watts but the same applies to Macrae, Minson, Redpath, etc.

Wasn't sure where to put this but sure looks like an interesting chart. Interesting that we've beaten 2/3

We have played the 3 top teams from last season + 2 other teams that have above average defence and attack and beaten four out of five. Strength of the teams you face should be taken into account. How have only 3 teams got above average attack bewilder me.

West Coast have had the flat track this season. They lost to us & to Freo as expected (which should have been 60+ points, not 30+). Thumping GWS at home was a game you'd expect them to win and they have had the 3 worst teams in the comp as well (Brisbane, Carlton, Gold Coast). They beat Port which looked like an achievement but after their performance last week who knows?

I know you can only beat who's in front of you but come on lol

West Coast have had the flat track this season. They lost to us & to Freo as expected (which should have been 60+ points, not 30+). Thumping GWS at home was a game you'd expect them to win and they have had the 3 worst teams in the comp as well (Brisbane, Carlton, Gold Coast). They beat Port which looked like an achievement but after their performance last week who knows?

I know you can only beat who's in front of you but come on lol

Similar to how Richmond are in front of us on that graph yet they have played Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne, Geelong, Us, NM all below them on that graph. Only team above them are Collingwood. Meaningless graph when it doesn't take the opposition into account.

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=753174

Hope the link works. Thought it right to post in here as he is now a valuable member of our football club (doing insane work btw). Remember being moved to tears at the time. True courage and inspiration

The Roos & us should really introduce the McCartney medal for our matches. Did some incredible stuff during the Bali bombings & was very brave to return to play that last game. That coupled with becoming a valuable member of the Bulldogs would make it quite worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Roos & us should really introduce the McCartney medal for our matches. Did some incredible stuff during the Bali bombings & was very brave to return to play that last game. That coupled with becoming a valuable member of the Bulldogs would make it quite worthy.

Think Collingwood got in first there

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-10/jack-gets-top-billings-in-saints-stunning-comeback

This thread is a bit delayed considering the article was written two weeks ago, but Hats of to Nathan Schmook who has the worst name in history and who's journalist is completely second rate.

For some reason he thinks it was a good idea to sink the boots into a 19 year old bontempelli by writing an article on how Billings was the better player on the day EVEN though they never matched up on each other throughout the game!
If this was the case. He should of had Bont vs Billings watch on the weekend as well, but obviously he didn't because Bont had the better game against freo than Billings had against Adelaide.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-10/jack-gets-top-billings-in-saints-stunning-comeback

This thread is a bit delayed considering the article was written two weeks ago, but Hats of to Nathan Schmook who has the worst name in history and who's journalist is completely second rate.

For some reason he thinks it was a good idea to sink the boots into a 19 year old bontempelli by writing an article on how Billings was the better player on the day EVEN though they never matched up on each other throughout the game!
If this was the case. He should of had Bont vs Billings watch on the weekend as well, but obviously he didn't because Bont had the better game against freo than Billings had against Adelaide.
Mate there's a few of us who've already commented on this in the Media thread. It's a terrible article, we all agree. Well done, Jack, you kicked 4 against witches hats. But when the game was on the line, you were nowhere to be seen. Hats off to you Jack, you are fantastic against immobile and exhausted opponents. I'm sure that'll hold you in good stead in your career. Possibly as the sub.

Play it on good Friday.

...oh that's right North want to play a team like Carlton on good Friday because they're not confident in their own ability to maintain a blockbuster.

They would be lucky if their own mothers turned up to watch that game next year.

Actually laughable. You can't get angry when it's as outright stupid as this entire article is.

Western Bulldogs

you're Will Minson ...... you're outta there at season's end.

Barrett. Flog central. Really harping on about the Minson saga.

Tom Boyd had stayed ... ... there's a chance he wouldn't be guaranteed a regular game. McCarthy could be anything, Stewart is starting to look the goods.

How about this one from Purple?

Tom Boyd had stayed ... ... there's a chance he wouldn't be guaranteed a regular game. McCarthy could be anything, Stewart is starting to look the goods.

How about this one from Purple?
Wow. He hates us. Trys to be bring negativity from anywhere.

I was a bit annoyed by it, but now weeks later I realised that I had completely forgotten that Billings was even drafted between the dates of Dec 2013 to May 2015. Bit meh really. He isn't in the same class of Bont. No doubt he'll be a solid B grader for the mediocre piece of s**t club that is St. Kilda.

Bring on the rematch and lets smash em'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back