What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh he obviously has an issue. Only the people at the club and those close to him will know how big it is. At the same time I have full confidence that the club and the leadership group will take care of it and he'll be fine. He's a very smart kid so I would say he's being influenced by his friends who are into that sort of thing.

Meh he obviously has an issue. Only the people at the club and those close to him will know how big it is. At the same time I have full confidence that the club and the leadership group will take care of it and he'll be fine. He's a very smart kid so I would say he's being influenced by his friends who are into that sort of thing.
Drugs and smart people aren't mutually exclusive.

Did he get on pills or ice (or coke) that's the real question. Pills ain't that big of a deal they are just part of partying .. ice on the othe hand..

You can't really go on a bender from pills. Once you do it the next day you don't even want to think about it

I doubt its ice.

Whatever it is I think it's something that perhaps is the norm and maybe we wouldn't of known and things would go along as usual. You can be that hung over from pills that the next day u are that tired that you find it hard to stay awake

Who the * knows.

How did this get out to the flog? It's not like he is playing and a club imposed suspension would raise suspicion. We obviously have a rat, this is nearly as disappointing as what Libba has done.

Libba is a good young bloke, he'll be right. Damo on the other hand is a scaremongering fool who overinflates everything incident he gets his greasy mits on.

Did he get on pills or ice (or coke) that's the real question. Pills ain't that big of a deal they are just part of partying .. ice on the othe hand..

You can't really go on a bender from pills. Once you do it the next day you don't even want to think about it

I doubt its ice.

Whatever it is I think it's something that perhaps is the norm and maybe we wouldn't of known and things would go along as usual. You can be that hung over from pills that the next day u are that tired that you find it hard to stay awake

Who the **** knows.
I'd say just take a deep breathe and wait for this to all come out. Damo's version of a 'bender' could be he had a weekend on the beers and a pill. I highly doubt something like ice is involved. But I'm only looking from the outside.

I doubt its ice.

Who the **** knows.
You can definitely go on a bender from pills (not from personal experience of course :p).

A family friend I know who went to the same school said that when he got caught on King St and got suspended.. 2 weeks later at a party he was there and was on the gear and wasn't overly fussed.

Something that people of the older generation need to understand is that people aged 18-30 don't really think certain drugs are bad and they can do them from time to time and it's no big deal (not that this is right).

It's kind of like back in the day how alcohol used to be banned. Now it isn't. People see pills the same way. And as a sports professional it suits there body more I terms of recovery (or maybe that's a myth. )

Yes but surely there comes a time where logical thinking patterns take over.....right?:oops:

Wishful thinking.
Not that I claim to be an expert on this, but I think your understanding of drugs in young people might be off. There's just as many uni students who do it compared to tradies, unemployed people, etc. It's not like it's dumb 'junkies' who do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say just take a deep breathe and wait for this to all come out. Damo's version of a 'bender' could be he had a weekend on the beers and a pill. I highly doubt something like ice is involved. But I'm only looking from the outside.
Yeah. I honestly understand how hard it would be to not be tempted by drugs when you are out for the whole year.

I guess once we hear the full story we can then try and understand it.

A family friend I know who went to the same school said that when he got caught on King St and got suspended.. 2 weeks later at a party he was there and was on the gear and wasn't overly fussed.

Something that people of the older generation need to understand is that people aged 18-30 don't really think certain drugs are bad and they can do them from time to time and it's no big deal (not that this is right).

It's kind of like back in the day how alcohol used to be banned. Now it isn't. People see pills the same way. And as a sports professional it suits there body more I terms of recovery (or maybe that's a myth. )
Drugs are definitely more preferred by players on a night out compared to alcohol. They can control their inhibitions more compared to when you are drunk (avoiding violence, doing stupid things as a result of being drunk) as well as keeping their skin folds lower.

It's no secret the kid likes the pills and a bit of fun. Just has to play it a bit smarter. Do whatever the **** you want in your own time but be professional in your preparation and football life. Or play for Hawthorn.
Yep. Good point. Has to be smarter about it.

What's with this running joke that Hawthorn is the place of drugs ?

Not that I claim to be an expert on this, but I think your understanding of drugs in young people might be off. There's just as many uni students who do it compared to tradies, unemployed people, etc. It's not like it's dumb 'junkies' who do it.
I'm well aware being a uni student who does go out and and also witnesses these sorts of things. Drugs are everywhere so I know it is basically impossible to stay away from them. I have no problem with Libba going out occasionally and enjoying himself however he sees fit but there's a huge difference to a night out and a several day bender that affects your commitments to your job. Let's just hope Barrett is way off on his facts.

Yep. Good point. Has to be smarter about it.

What's with this running joke that Hawthorn is the place of drugs ?
Let's just say their players have had more than a few third strikes just disappear into thin air.

Has it been reported anywhere drugs are even involved with this second incident or are we all just assuming it is because of the first incident. I'm just going to wait until more info is released then go off about it. The Hunter incident at the start of the year was reported initially a lot worse then it turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back