What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nickname was super

Classy player

Super was a terrific combination of skill and hardness. Never took a backward step.
Great to watch in full flight!

Opposition players certainly knew just how tough he was.

If young Darcy has the same qualities he will be a serious asset.
Just need him to grow 4-5cm :)

Super was a terrific combination of skill and hardness. Never took a backward step.
Great to watch in full flight!

Opposition players certainly knew just how tough he was.

If young Darcy has the same qualities he will be a serious asset.
Just need him to grow 4-5cm :)

It was great to watch when Kennedy and Super were both out on the ground, the opposition players knew that sometime in the game someone was going to get hurt. Apart from his football skills the best moment I saw concerning Super was when he ran through the annoying old fart of a trainer that the Swans had up at the SCG. The guy had a habit of blocking opposition players while pretending to run out to Swans players, he learnt his lesson and didn't do anymore running that day after Super cleaned him up.

What was macpherson snr like as a player? Bit before my time.

Kicked a goal after the siren to draw a game against Norf.
45 degree angle, 50 meters out, split the middle, half way up the post.
99% of players today would choke.
I'd be happy if he had the foot skills of his old man.

Probably not linking it correctly, but that story with Craig Ellis and his company Triangl swimwear is floating around again. Great story, worth $60 million now apparently. Would love to get them onboard as a sponsor, surely still has a soft spot for the Dogs, cites Darcy as one of his best mates too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscri...tory-fnp04d70-1227462838494&memtype=anonymous
Not really sure we're the target market of theirs, to give my honest opinion.

Kicked a goal after the siren to draw a game against Norf.
45 degree angle, 50 meters out, split the middle, half way up the post.

The above was probably his individual highlight.

His lowlight was giving away the free kick to Mark Arceri in the last 30 seconds in which he kicked Carltons ONLY goal. I'll never forgive him for that.

Remember Super running onto the ground in Hawkins 322nd* game late in the game. The cheer for him was almost as big as the cheer for Dougy.

Really impacted the game from memory.

*may have been 300th

Probably not linking it correctly, but that story with Craig Ellis and his company Triangl swimwear is floating around again. Great story, worth $60 million now apparently. Would love to get them onboard as a sponsor, surely still has a soft spot for the Dogs, cites Darcy as one of his best mates too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscri...tory-fnp04d70-1227462838494&memtype=anonymous
Darcy interviewed him on Triple M a few months back, still loves the dogs and loves the direction they are going

What was macpherson snr like as a player? Bit before my time.

As you can tell from the numerous reply's to your question he was a huge fan favourite from that immortal gang of Bulldog players from 1985. Whilst he was the pin-up boy in the team he was as hard as they came back then. Great skills as well. If Darcey is as good as his dad we'll all be very happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started as a half forward although he wasn't quick he was the type the game slowed down when he had possession. Extremely skilled player, who probably was to much a lad off it .
He really knuckled down towards the end and became effective off half back.
I reckon he regretted the off field stuff, and some onfield robust confrontations and settled as a person and footballer.

Its still piss poor they got it wrong first time
Ever read a Robbo article?

Connolly's spelling and grammar are much better than the rushed rubbish Robbo publishes. Imo, the HUN are too scared to edit Robbos stuff, like his Tackle column due to him being the Chief Footy Writer.

There's bugger all money in newspapers these days as they cut costs all the time due to the increasing, expanding digital market. Sub-editing went out the door a while ago, if there's obvious mistakes, they get edited in the digital editions when someone recognises there is a mistake.

Inquirer-Round-18.jpg
I can't see how our uncontested possession differential is considered such a slight on our game?!? We now play a turnover based game, rebounding out of our defensive 50. Of course our uncontested differential is going to be poor, we allow teams to pass it around the 3 point line (basketballer in me coming out) before they pass it in and inevitably turn it over, because we are so awesome.

Last edited:
Harsh on macrae.
Yeah he has dropped off, but only 6% according to those stats. Doesn't mention the mitigating factors too such as injuries to key players (such as libba) that allows teams to put more focus on other players.

If 6% is the highest drop off in our team then we are travelling really well, or were really bad last year. I think both.

Macrae was 2nd in our best and fairest last year. Won't happen this year, but I'm not too concerned. Libba returning will enhance him immensely.

I get the feeling that if Crameri had played more games he'd be the recipient of that negative stat.

Reality is that uncontested possession differential isn't that big a deal - it's simply one of the few statistics that we have moved backwards compared to 2014.

I take it as a positive - we have seriously improved in just about EVERY statistical area since 2014.
Massive kudos to Luke Beveridge and the assistant coaches for all of this.
My point is that of all the stats that we no doubt have gone backwards I'm, they choose one that is easy to define and actually helps our game style. Strange.

My point is that of all the stats that we no doubt have gone backwards I'm, they choose one that is easy to define and actually helps our game style. Strange.
I take it that that's the area of our game with the biggest drop off, they've highlighted our biggest drops or improvements - if that's the case Im happy and will take it, uncontested ball means jack

A question for Damo when you read this:
Who is we? You said in your amazingly well thought out sliding doors that 'we're saying, "No"'. Who is we? Because we're saying, "Yes". I noticed in your lolnorf sliding door you also said we, so does that mean lolnorf are saying that they think that Peter Gordon wouldn't go after Boyd if he had his time again? And I do believe you have said in the past that the Dogs need to do anything they can to get a key forward. Does that change now because you just want the Dogs to fail? So when you read please answer these questions Damo, if you get time away from your primary school equivalency home work :)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back