What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
I don't think so, which is why I found the panel's repeated comments tonight that Hughes "went to every club" a bit strange. I think I read on here that the club didn't want him to do it.

Unless he did do it and I'm just unaware. Certainly don't watch the Footy Show most weeks.
Thank god we didn't

Hughes spray crap is boring and stupid. Needs to GTFO

Yeah, they are that desperate they tried to get the Hughesy followers onto it.

His made the show worse imo
The only good part of Hughsey's spray is when no one laughs
img_0968.jpg

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great work by the Age today, with their article "Bulldogs stellar season fails to make its mark", re Bastion's "Relevance Ladder", which lists the Dogs as ahead of only Melbourne. The article goes on to acknowledge that the "analysis" is extremely simplistic and heavily criticised by the clubs.

Could have published the same article under the headline "Clubs question relevance of "Relevance Ladder"".

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Wait till next year for a higher relevance. Our good season doesnt make us get more Friday night games during this year.

The indicators are flawed due to multiple years determining relevance.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Great work by the Age today, with their article "Bulldogs stellar season fails to make its mark", re Bastion's "Relevance Ladder", which lists the Dogs as ahead of only Melbourne. The article goes on to acknowledge that the "analysis" is extremely simplistic and heavily criticised by the clubs.

Could have published the same article under the headline "Clubs question relevance of "Relevance Ladder"".
Should have included amount of free to air games and number of Thursday/Friday night matches in 2015. Poor journalism all round.

I have given up on The Age for footy articles. Exception for Emma Quayle, but the rest of them can GAGF.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Should have included amount of free to air games and number of Thursday/Friday night matches in 2015. Poor journalism all round.

I have given up on The Age for footy articles. Exception for Emma Quayle, but the rest of them can GAGF.

It doesn't even take into account mainstream journalism. e.g. TV shows & newspapers!

No joke, there's much more depth to some of the analysis on here than what Bastion produced. They've literally just counted each club's members, Facebook & Twitter follows, crowds and TV audiences - all information that's freely available online and would have taken maybe an hour or two to put into a table (allowing 45 minutes to add up the TV ratings for each team).

NoName

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Agree - I only ever read articles written by Emma.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/afl-just-handed-older-teams-a-huge-advantage

MELBOURNE coach Paul Roos believes slashing the interchange cap next season will present a "huge advantage" for the more experienced teams in the competition.

The AFL has announced the cap on rotations will tumble from 120 to 90 and the substitute will be scrapped.

Roos, who has seen first-hand the effects of fatigue on the Demons' tiring young players late in the season, said fewer rotations would adversely affect inexperienced sides.

---

Hmmm pretty sure we are a younger side than the Dees (and pretty much every other team)...and don't seem too fatigued. Maybe you need to stop whinging and looking for excuses Roos!

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/afl-just-handed-older-teams-a-huge-advantage

MELBOURNE coach Paul Roos believes slashing the interchange cap next season will present a "huge advantage" for the more experienced teams in the competition.

The AFL has announced the cap on rotations will tumble from 120 to 90 and the substitute will be scrapped.

Roos, who has seen first-hand the effects of fatigue on the Demons' tiring young players late in the season, said fewer rotations would adversely affect inexperienced sides.

---

Hmmm pretty sure we are a younger side than the Dees (and pretty much every other team)...and don't seem too fatigued. Maybe you need to stop whinging and looking for excuses Roos!
He's just laying the foundations for his excuses next year.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

---

But the messiah said you couldn't win games of football with 7 players under 50 games experience.

#Hirdlogic

To be fair Stringer, JJ, Bont, Hunter and friends are some of our best players and they would carry the bombers on their backs if they had them.

But they don't!! LOL!

Eliteflyboy

All Australian
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
But the messiah said you couldn't win games of football with 7 players under 50 games experience.

#Hirdlogic

To be fair Stringer, JJ, Bont, Hunter and friends are some of our best players and they would carry the bombers on their backs if they had them.

But they don't!! LOL!

I like that fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back