What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has everything to do with winning games and playing an attractive brand of football.

Stop doing that and the media will soon turn the lights off and move onto the next big thing.

He only just started, i suspect they were aware they were getting smashed after last year, so made a conscious effort to try and get some positive PR out there this year, hence the sons of the west doco series, having guys go on AFL360 as guests etc. Does this coincide with our record membership? im not sure but one would think it has to be linked somehow.

They go hand in hand don't they. Props to the boys for providing the highlight reels and the club for taking advantage of the many PR opportunities that have come with it.
Preseason will be a lot more bearable when you have more than a handful of replays to flick through.

Bounce just had a skit making light of the 'scandal' that has engulfed the club during the week. The Drink, Murph, Wallis and Wood all being great sports.
One thing I have noticed this year is just how much media exposure we are receiving as opposed to previous years. Any chance it has something to do with our new CEO having experience working with Nike and using that to make us a household name

Call me crazy, but maybe Bob, Bevo & 14 wins > Griffen, BMac & 7 wins in terms of a media package?

BMac didn't give them much to work with did he....I was more interested in what part the club has made to ramp up our media efforts
It's a fair point. As a former executive with one of the most marketing savvy companies in the world, you'd reckon he'll have a few ideas for our marketing guys. Exciting times all round.

Bounce just had a skit making light of the 'scandal' that has engulfed the club during the week. The Drink, Murph, Wallis and Wood all being great sports.
One thing I have noticed this year is just how much media exposure we are receiving as opposed to previous years. Any chance it has something to do with our new CEO having experience working with Nike and using that to make us a household name

Chas Licciodello is a long time Dogs fan.

I like the fact we are giving TFS a wide berth and getting lots of exposure on rival networks:D

You must remember that Ch7 will select their games based on their prime sponsors. If those same sponsors also have sponsorship with a team, then that team will get preference over a team that has other or opposition sponsors ie if Ch7 has a deal with Toyota (for example) then they would try to avoid televising a team that has a Mazda sponsorship. This doesn't work for times when there is a single game on like a Friday night but does on a Sat or Sun afternoon.
No offence but that's just a flawed theory dude

Why isn't the Toyota Camry Adelaide Crows on prime time the most then :rolleyes:

They select games based on if they rate well and who has the biggest viewing audience, hence why it goes to Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not directly related to us, McCartney on the shortlist for the Essendon coaching gig
Denham said on KBs show today he was a very good coach for us so there :p

It was Pat Smith, but I agree, Denham is funnier than Charlie Pickering and Mick Molloy
Oops they morph. Going for his own BS of the week award whatever he calls it

The Essendon coaching selection process has all of the legitimacy of Kim Jong Un's election and just as many legitimate candidates.

Damo passed this on to me after his last bin bothering session out at Tullamarine.

SCOOP2.jpg

Last edited:
Facebook is reporting Bev has won coach of the year, can anyone confirm?
Allan Jeans Senior Coach of the Year present by Monjon Australia
1. Luke Beveridge - Western Bulldogs (365 votes)

2. Adam Simpson – West Coast – (305 votes)

3. Ross Lyon – Fremantle (116 votes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back