What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we...9a616b0dc?sv=dad044686b1d821f3787140f6fbcdc2c

Western Bulldogs recruit Toby McLean recalls his AFL draft day experience
My fav part... “About 10 clubs spoke to me in the lead up, mostly Melbourne clubs, which I was happy about. At the draft combine the Dogs were the last club to see me because apparently they didn’t want other clubs to know they were interested. Normally in the combine interviews clubs will ask who else have you spoken to and the Bulldogs didn’t want anyone else to know.

We getting sneaky, no wonder not much gets out from the club when we're doing stuff like that.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-11-24/draft-nights-big-winners-and-surprises
The Western Bulldogs will partner with anti-domestic violence campaigners, White Ribbon to help address the growing problem of men’s violence against women in our community.

The partnership will see the Bulldogs leverage their Round 13 (June 18th) Saturday night prime clash against Geelong to highlight the devastating impact of men’s violence against women.

The Western Bulldogs will wear a guernsey featuring the anti-violence campaign’s signature White Ribbon for the match.

The Dogs will conduct a six week campaign to promote respectful and safe relationships from Round 13 to Round 19 when the Dogs will again take on the Cats under lights at Simonds Stadium on White Ribbon Night (July 29).

Western Bulldogs Chief Executive Officer, David Stevenson said that the Club was proud to partner with White Ribbon to help address the growing problem of men’s violence against women in our community.

“On average, one woman is killed every week in Australia, as a result of intimate partner violence”.

“Last year alone there were 9,000 reported incidents of violence against women in Melbourne’s West, our backyard.”
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-11-24/draft-nights-big-winners-and-surprises

HERO_620WhiteRibbonPage.jpg

Can't wait to see The BEAST get out on the park. May not be Round 1 but will definitely play a few games next year.

AFL draft 2015: Kieran Collins ready for Round 1 after nervous draft wait

23 minutes ago
JON RALPHHerald Sun
66df09b30ab7231db555f99b5cc05d98

Kieran Collins (right), with Jacob Weitering in the lead up to the national draft, hopes to make an early impact with the Bulldogs. Picture: AFL Media
THE AFL’s new-look draft format forced slider Kieran Collins to wait a full hour until his name was called at no. 26.

But strong-bodied Western Bulldogs key defender Collins is a man in a hurry, assured by Luke Beveridge there are spots available as soon as Round 1 next year.

The 194cm key defender developed from a stopper into a commanding intercept marker this year in an outstanding season with the Dandenong Stingrays.

Dogs recruiter Simon Dalrymple described his drop to 26 as the surprise of the night, and Collins wants to make up for lost time.

“It was probably a nervous wait until pick 26 and to hear my name get called out was an unbelievable moment in my life and the dream has come true,’’ he said.

“When I got talking to Luke Beveridge last night he said you are ready to play you will play. He is said if we think you are in our best 22 we will pick you.

Best thing is bev says that, and means it. If you deserve a game you will get one, very refreshing after the macca years.
Who deserved a game and didn't get one in the Macca years?
Seems he was similar to Bev in that he gave almost our whole list a chance and multiple games, even Veszpremi and Howard.

Can't wait to see The BEAST get out on the park. May not be Round 1 but will definitely play a few games next year.

AFL draft 2015: Kieran Collins ready for Round 1 after nervous draft wait

23 minutes ago
JON RALPHHerald Sun
66df09b30ab7231db555f99b5cc05d98

Kieran Collins (right), with Jacob Weitering in the lead up to the national draft, hopes to make an early impact with the Bulldogs. Picture: AFL Media
Looks like he should be kicking sand in Weitering's face!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems he was similar to Bev in that he gave almost our whole list a chance and multiple games, even Veszpremi and Howard.
No one in particular springs to mind anymore (I've wiped those years from my memory) but Macca definitely played favourites at the selection table, apart from a few odd calls here and there this year players who deserved a game played more than not.

No one in particular springs to mind anymore (I've wiped those years from my memory) but Macca definitely played favourites at the selection table, apart from a few odd calls here and there this year players who deserved a game played more than not.
Sorry mate couldn't disagree more. Whatever you can say about McCartney (and you can say a lot) I think he played his teams on form, often to our detriment.

I can think of one bloke - Matthew Panos. Never really got a chance. Not saying he deserved one, but Macca didnt give him a single opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back