What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite put my finger on it but something about Stringer looks different...

2mot2ys.png

I can't quite put my finger on it but something about Stringer looks different...

2mot2ys.png

This is an Omen. Carolina Panthers win breakthrough superbowl with Cam Newton as MVP.
Western Bulldogs win drought breaking Premiership with Stringer as Norm Smith Medalist.

Both in 2016! Writer just got Newton and Stringer mixed up!!

We definitely have the footy supporter version of small man syndrome.

You make a good point, but I swear if I see the 1993 Geelong V Essendon shootout, the 2009 Geelong v Saints GF, either of the 2010 GFs or any of the Hawks recent GF wins again...

Seriously, Fox know how to beat the living daylights out of a match over summer to the point where never want to see it again.

Haven't looked over the financials, but I though we had $5M debt, then heard it was $10M, now it appears to be in the $5M region again. Hopefully this figure is correct.

I can't link it as I'm on my phone, but the age has an article about club profits which lists us as the third most profitable Victorian club over the last 2 years behind Hawthorn & Collingwood.

Hats off to the administration.
Considering we have raised the football department spending a huge amount and weve been pretty poor onfield before 2015 thats a fantastic result. We really do have a huge opportunity to really raise the standing of our club over the next decade. I really do feel like its our time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More revenue than the Saints and Norf.
Our revenue has increased from mid 30m since we rebranded in 2012 (new guernsey etc).

About 2-3m increase every year. It would be nice if we landed a big sponsor so Mission doesn't do it all however.

I agree Jongs decision making is his biggest problem and an element of that is composure and spacial awareness which is hard to improve but he really only started playing as an on baller after he was drafted and early on for us he was playing in defence so he's coming from a long way back.
His finishing on goal was really improved this year and i think of he can get into space he's not too bad. His decision making in the clinches will improve the more our on ball division synchronize and with his explosiveness, clean hands and courage i think there's enough there for him to be a valuable contributer in a premiership push.
When Jong's playing well he's great. Just rewatched our 2nd round victory against the Tiges from last year. Great teams don't have too many vanilla players: Jong don't look or play vanilla, unlike for ex, half the Richmond team on that day. Jong took about 5 really good clean high grabs and set up or helped set up a lot of attacks from scirmage. I reckon Bev would like his take em on style, like Bont, stringer, Crameri, big Jack, Tory, JJ, etc.
The Bont vs Martin dual was a beauty in this game and Rance was supreme except against Stringer. One classic moment that sort of helped set up the win and maybe more was when Moyd intercepted the bad bounce between two Richmond players and got it in for a goal.

Our revenue has increased from mid 30m since we rebranded in 2012 (new guernsey etc).

About 2-3m increase every year. It would be nice if we landed a big sponsor so Mission doesn't do it all however.
I've said this before and I'll say it again - we're the only team with one major sponsor and not co-major sponsor - ie Mission is our sponsor on both the front and back of our uniform.

Not that great in terms of potential revenue, especially as a new sponsor would probably pay more for what's on the back of our uniform more than Mission have merely to get their logo on thete twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back