What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have seen this first hand with my cousins
Every time we hang out and go into the city the police double check us as well as security.

must admit, once racial slur is used its very hard to hols back 6 aboriginals and a half breed (myself)
Yeah it's pretty bloody bad. And it happens so often that it's hard to believe it's not a directive, even if it's not entirely verbalised. I've seen some terrible things happen between the police force and members of Soudanese population in Footscray and Sunshine.

You're right about the emotions felt when a racial slur is used in anger. I've been there when a group of friends/cousins and I were called dirty dole bludging wogs by someone we didn't even know. And what the italians, greeks, etc went through in the 70s wasn't a quarter of what indigenous australians went through.

Mmm...perhaps your sense of humour differs from mine, but I saw it as a pretty lame attempt.

I'm not sure satire was the angle they were after...given their previous form, I'd say they were bang-on serious in a "my dick is bigger than yours", kind of way.

Dude, the banner was written by a comedian. Haven't you seen that ALL our banners have been silly for over a month now, since they hired Danny McGinley?

I think it's awesome.

It is just one of many many reasons that I love the Dogs. No-one else would take the piss so consistently with their banners. FACT. ;)

That Sharwood "so called Journo" who wrote his "so called opinion piece" on the banner, seriously would have to be the biggest BS I've read this year. Saying the Dogs have only won a handful of games in decades, but no mention of who knocked Sydney out of the finals in 1997, 2008 and 2010. Ok then Mr Sharwood your research seems to be correct...not. Get your facts right before you publish something online, credibility = zilch now. How does this bloke have a verified Twitter account?

No one has ever made me cringe as many times as Hamish McLaughlin .. Everything about channel 7s media coverage is just so bad.. I can't even watch game day on a Sunday because it's so bad.. It's so obvious what they are trying to do and it's just not good

No one has ever made me cringe as many times as Hamish McLaughlin .. Everything about channel 7s media coverage is just so bad.. I can't even watch game day on a Sunday because it's so bad.. It's so obvious what they are trying to do and it's just not good
Just do what I do every week for the game component on 7 or Fox....Mute. Simple solution

ever heard him commentate with Tom Harley before?

Awful

can barely understand them when they are partnered up

Hame is very good with the kids at half time - maybe a career in Playschool beckons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re the Sharwood "retraction":

I still don't like the patronising / sneering tone. That sort of stuff accumulates over time and calcifies into an undesirable image that is hard to shake and probably deters potential supporters. Stuff like "tragic history" (Elliott) and "s**t club" (Sheedy or some Hawthorn deadshit, I can't remember) and "perennial losers" (paraphrasing Sharwood).

It's also a bit rich coming from a supporter of the much-rescued Sydney club which was a basket case in the 90s and is now on AFL-brand steroids. If we could pay 110% of the salary cap I reckon we'd quickly be able to match it with the Swans and Hawks too.

What we need to do when the great day finally arrives (a flag) is dump a wheelbarrow load of s**t on Sheedy's doorstep, a copy of all the investigations and findings regarding Carlton's cheating exploits on Jack Elliott's doorstep, and 1000 photocopies of his above article on Sharwood's. We need to have the media there to photograph it.

And we need to take a very great deal of pleasure in doing this.

I still don't like the patronising / sneering tone. That sort of stuff accumulates over time and calcifies into an undesirable image that is hard to shake and probably deters potential supporters. Stuff like "tragic history" (Elliott) and "s**t club" (Sheedy or some Hawthorn deadshit, I can't remember) and "perennial losers" (paraphrasing Sharwood).

It's also a bit rich coming from a supporter of the much-rescued Sydney club which was a basket case in the 90s and is now on AFL-brand steroids. If we could pay 110% of the salary cap I reckon we'd quickly be able to match it with the Swans and Hawks too.

What we need to do when the great day finally arrives (a flag) is dump a wheelbarrow load of s**t on Sheedy's doorstep, a copy of all the investigations and findings regarding Carlton's cheating exploits on Jack Elliott's doorstep, and 1000 photocopies of his above article on Sharwood's. We need to have the media there to photograph it.

And we will get Chris Grant to revisit his hit on Nick Holland except this time on Ian Collins. Then we will see if it deserved a week

IIRC The AFL sent Ron Barrassi up to coach shitney in those early 90s and they were poo. I think they had about 5 supporters go to games (the 4 oldies behind the goals and the flag waving guy in black pants and glasses)

When they won in 05, I believe they had the longest losing streak / premiership drought of all clubs?

And yes, your bridge does look good, but at least our comedians laugh about it, you make yours get up there and paint it

MIKE and Jason nominated the Western Bulldogs and West Coast as the most disappointing teams of the season.

“We’d all like the Bulldogs to be exciting but they’ve been poor,” he said.

“Gia had the chance for the fairytale end and kicked a couple out on the full.

“It’s a great comparison between the two sides. The Bulldogs have three or four exciting players, Giants have a dozen of them.

There’s going to lose Matthew Boyd, Bob Murphy, we don’t know where Will Minson is, the toll on Adam Cooney’s body.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...fl-finals-begins/story-fnelctok-1227044428446

Supposedly FC gave us a whack but I missed all the Footy shows tonight does anyone know what was said?

“It’s a great comparison between the two sides. The Bulldogs have three or four exciting players, Giants have a dozen of them.
Without even addressing the "three or four exciting players", this is such a hilariously bad comparison. The flaws in that argument don't even need to be explained.

Supposedly FC gave us a whack but I missed all the Footy shows tonight does anyone know what was said?

They gave us a whack for our performance against GWS. Then Lloydy took over. Said much the same things as he's said most of the year - that it's about time we delivered, and that we have been incredibly disappointing and something has to change. Garry tried to engage conversation on "Tall Forward or Bust". Lloyd agreed, saying it was Barry Hall that got us going last time (incidentally that's incorrect. We were much better in 2009 than in 2010.)

But then Lloydy really stepped up to the plate with the topic of the month on our board. He said he's sick of Macca's preferred tactic of pushing a forward up high, leaving us with a 5 man forward line. He said it's a bit much for Macca to complain about needing a forward to clunk them when we keep leaving spare men free in the opposition's defence. He showed some footage of Heath Shaw running wild while Cooney was miles off him (presuming that Cooney was our 6th forward). The panel said this was a common tactic for poor teams, which is why they often struggled to score.

They put up a graphic stating that we concede 4 or 5 more intercept marks than we take per game. They concluded that the tactic isn't working. Lloyd said that is a failed tactic for Macca, and he needs to stop it. Although when they asked him directly Lloyd stopped short of saying it was a mistake to extend his contract.

They then all concluded by saying we have to be very active in trade week.

I thought it was pretty fair really. Then again, I know I'm the only person on this board who likes Matthew Lloyd!

You can count me as a second that likes Lloyd.

I've called him every name under the sun, but he's the best person on that panel. He brings facts, figures and rational discussion to the table and he uses his inside voice, too. Hutchy's doing it for a paycheck and a laugh, Lyon is a **** with a microphone and a chip on his shoulder, and Caro gets off on being provocative.

Give me Lloyd over the rest of them any day. He was good tonight.

You can count me as a second that likes Lloyd.

I've called him every name under the sun, but he's the best person on that panel. He brings facts, figures and rational discussion to the table and he uses his inside voice, too. Hutchy's doing it for a paycheck and a laugh, Lyon is a **** with a microphone and a chip on his shoulder, and Caro gets off on being provocative.

Give me Lloyd over the rest of them any day. He was good tonight.

If Lloyd is the best person on that panel, then that says a lot for the quality of the programme.

I don't mind Lloyd. It's just reading his articles and watching him talk, I get the impression he actually doesn't watch all or as many as feasable games of AFL in general, as to me he misses the mark with a lot of players and clubs. However his understanding of the game and his personality in the media are all pretty good when compared to some others.

I love that out of the four players they mention only Murph has done anyhting this year. In fact the inclusion of Cooney may have lost us a game (Ess).

No way we have been as disappointing as WCE and Adelaide who have players in their Prime who should be contending for premierships and finnished outside the eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back