What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
King was great last night. The value in a president being patient and completely supporting the coach is huge. Allows the coach to handle the players the way he needs to, and trade/draft in the long term best interests as well.

King made all that really clear.

King was great last night. The value in a president being patient and completely supporting the coach is huge. Allows the coach to handle the players the way he needs to, and trade/draft in the long term best interests as well.

We've never really come across as that kind of club with that kind of President - until now.

any chance someone can upload that segment?

Didn't want to spoil the celebratory mood on the VFL Flag thread, so I'll have a moan here.

On the AFL Website, our VFL success warranted 16 paragraphs by Callum Twomey. The first 7 of those focussed on Cyril Rioli. In total, 10 out of the 16 paragraphs were devoted to the Box Hill Hawks. Really?? Is that the best they can do for us? I know that Hawthorn are in the AFL GF, but for God's sake let us have our moment in the sun - as relatively insignificant as it is.

It really makes me want to flip the bird to the AFL, it really does. Angry!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-21/vfl-grand-final

Didn't want to spoil the celebratory mood on the VFL Flag thread, so I'll have a moan here.

On the AFL Website, our VFL success warranted 16 paragraphs by Callum Twomey. The first 7 of those focussed on Cyril Rioli. In total, 10 out of the 16 paragraphs were devoted to the Box Hill Hawks. Really?? Is that the best they can do for us? I know that Hawthorn are in the AFL GF, but for God's sake let us have our moment in the sun - as relatively insignificant as it is.

It really makes me want to flip the bird to the AFL, it really does. Angry!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-21/vfl-grand-final
I could probably write 7 paragraphs about how badly Rioli played too.

Someone watching the channel 10 news in the background here. I heard they were saying the Hawks supporters packed Ethiad with 23k hungry for another flag. lol they were greatly outnumbered about 15k+ of us, didn't even get a mention of winning either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mater how much the media plays this down, 23000 people (and many more on radio, the net and TV) watched and cheered our win today. F$&$ them all - go doggies!
Hopefully all those people buy a membership and get down to our AFL games now. We have a pretty large unlocked supporter base, people just need to start showing their true colours more!

Hopefully all those people buy a membership and get down to our AFL games now. We have a pretty large unlocked supporter base, people just need to start showing their true colours more!
Or maybe we could pick up some disillusioned Bombers supporters who probably won't have a team to support next year :)

Or maybe we could pick up some disillusioned Bombers supporters who probably won't have a team to support next year :)
We already have.

Check out @MrJoeLoh on Twitter, he's blogged throughout the year on his conversion from lifelong Essendon supporter to world weary Footscray fan. Fascinating reading.

Might tip the scales in the Macca thread!
#StandByMacca

You must be high on the euphoria of today's win. Dr Idle prescribes a bex and good lie down, you'll see the error of your ways in the morning.

I think the headlines in the papers should be "Footscray Wins Flag!!!!"
It should be, but we all know it will be "Cyril gets through VFL Grand Final unscathed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back