What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be, but we all know it will be "Cyril gets through VFL Grand Final unscathed"
Already a common theme of the Hawks and Cyril costing Box Hill a GF. Even if Cyril played the whole game we still would have won, even if Cyril didn't play at all we still would have won, even if McEvoy and Sewell played we still would have won, even if we were the ones with the injured players we still would have won.
I'm gonna sound like Matt Douggie but I'm sick of the excuses already.

Already a common theme of the Hawks and Cyril costing Box Hill a GF. Even if Cyril played the whole game we still would have won, even if Cyril didn't play at all we still would have won, even if McEvoy and Sewell played we still would have won, even if we were the ones with the injured players we still would have won.
I'm gonna sound like Matt Douggie but I'm sick of the excuses already.
Who cares what excuse they give...

WE STILL WON!!!! I don't care if half their team fell off the planet, you can only beat what is on the field.

WE WON!

28000 there, and as I said to the old man, it goes to show how starved of success Dogs' supporters are, because 27,500 of them were Dogs supporters.
I think you've got your numbers a bit muddled, I definitely know that there was 23,890. Not sure about 28,000 though.

I think the headlines in the papers should be "Footscray Wins Flag!!!!"

No. No. No. "Box Hill Hawks Come In Second In VFL Grand Final After Valiant Effort by Rioli".

(Excuse for posting twice - but I think this is the more appropriate thread)

Peter Gordon on 774 right now. Big night after the win by the sounds of it! I wish I'd known where the boys kicked on. Sounds like a good night (PG said his last lucid memory was losing a game of music trivia to Bonti's mum!!).

I've pulled up pretty good considering the celebrations at Pier ? hotel afterwards - and a good night was had by all.

Bring on the BIG one :)

Ch 7 didn't even cover the score, or win on their news telecast.
No surprise there. The VFL TV rights are owned by a rival TV network. Wouldn't want to draw any attention to such a competition or such an exciting GF, would we?

Don't ever expect the commercial TV news to be fair and objective. They will always push and emphasise their own interests, not necessarily what is happening or important in the real world.

(Excuse for posting twice - but I think this is the more appropriate thread)

Peter Gordon on 774 right now. Big night after the win by the sounds of it! I wish I'd known where the boys kicked on. Sounds like a good night (PG said his last lucid memory was losing a game of music trivia to Bonti's mum!!).

I've pulled up pretty good considering the celebrations at Pier ? hotel afterwards - and a good night was had by all.

Bring on the BIG one :)
They ended up heading to the Wharf Hotel. Easty, VitalDread, CunnyFunts and Myself headed back there for dinner after the game as they started arriving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett, of hiding in a trash can fame, and Garry "Yes, Cameron, I recommend Mark Neeld" say that we should sack McCartney?

Pass.

Garlick just on 3AW certainly doing the rounds today, very much a carbon copy of the SEN interview. Damage control or getting on the front foot.
Interestingly he said we are still very much committed to the rebuild, but expects to be pushing for the 8 next year noone happy with the year just past. Everyone at the club now on the same page and wishes the pre season could start tomorrow and looking forward to implementing some new things, and Sam Reid on the radar but seems to be very settled in Sydney.

Garlick just on 3AW certainly doing the rounds today, very much a carbon copy of the SEN interview. Damage control or getting on the front foot.
Interestingly he said we are still very much committed to the rebuild, but expects to be pushing for the 8 next year noone happy with the year just past. Everyone at the club now on the same page and wishes the pre season could start tomorrow and looking forward to implementing some new things, and Sam Reid on the radar but seems to be very settled in Sydney.
Damn I'm so pumped, extra long preseason too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back