What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all of last weeks bullshit media comments from Robbo seriously dude shut the f@@k up...

Seriously because no reject wants to go to Essendon and the Bulldogs once had a plan and nailed it... Tom boyd and coaches it's quite fu@@king obvious you f@@k **** the Bulldogs got boyd to build a developing team around him to build premiership success and the only thing eating at you is Essendon won't even get near a flag in next 3 years and your in denial mob have to start again you know it in yourself. And when the Bulldogs robbo are successful please don't make me sick and suck up our arses for a story maybe we can throw back at you how we are ruined!!

I really don't get wound up about this stuff, but the lack of understanding from journos is just getting worse and worse. Take a read of Jake Niall's piece for example.http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...reckless-tom-boyd-gamble-20141018-11848y.html

Look at these 2 quotes:

"They have taken a completely different approach to fellow straggler St Kilda, which is accumulating draft picks, hasn't entered the market for mature players or opened up the chequebook."

"The Saints, indeed, are arguably a greater outlier than the Dogs, because they've chosen a "pure" rebuild, in which players have been traded out for picks."

How can this clown not see that we're 2 years ahead of st kilda?? We've already accumulated draft picks and traded out players for picks (Lake and Cooney).

He slates us for paying a player thats played 9 games and is 19 years old, and then slates us for taking a "mature player" in the same article. What the?? Is Boyd a mature talent?? Really?? And if he is, why are you panning us for paying him??? It cant be both! God damn these guys are brainless.

"They have taken a completely different approach to fellow straggler St Kilda, which is accumulating draft picks, hasn't entered the market for mature players or opened up the chequebook."
Let's conveniently ignore the fact that they tried to bully themselves into the market for Boyd with pick 1 after we raised our interest!

I really don't get wound up about this stuff, but the lack of understanding from journos is just getting worse and worse. Take a read of Jake Niall's piece for example.http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...reckless-tom-boyd-gamble-20141018-11848y.html

Look at these 2 quotes:

"The Saints, indeed, are arguably a greater outlier than the Dogs, because they've chosen a "pure" rebuild, in which players have been traded out for picks."

How can this clown not see that we're 2 years ahead of st kilda?? We've already accumulated draft picks and traded out players for picks (Lake and Cooney).

He slates us for paying a player thats played 9 games and is 19 years old, and then slates us for taking a "mature player" in the same article. What the?? Is Boyd a mature talent?? Really?? And if he is, why are you panning us for paying him??? It cant be both! God damn these guys are brainless.

Fronk for Chief football writer Age / Herald , one of the few people that always makes sense. :)

Look at these 2 quotes:

Yep, I noticed that one too, but I think some of this comes back to last Tuesday after all the Griffen/Boyd kerfuffle broke, he wrote this (SMH and AGE run the same articles):
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-the-giants-cant-give-the-dogs-their-boyd-20141014-1161nh.html
This article explained why keeping Boyd was critical for their long-term viability. But it seems he mis-read the "vibe", assuming he would be proven correct.

I think poor old Jake De-Niall is a bit peeved his world view did not pan out as expected... (pity, as he usually writes some decent stuff). He certainly pinged us a few times with the "reckless" and "desperate" tag...

Yep, I noticed that one too, but I think some of this comes back to last Tuesday after all the Griffen/Boyd kerfuffle broke, he wrote this (SMH and AGE run the same articles):
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-the-giants-cant-give-the-dogs-their-boyd-20141014-1161nh.html
This article explained why keeping Boyd was critical for their long-term viability. But it seems he mis-read the "vibe", assuming he would be proven correct.

I think poor old Jake De-Niall is a bit peeved his world view did not pan out as expected... (pity, as he usually writes some decent stuff). He certainly pinged us a few times with the "reckless" and "desperate" tag...

A footy journalist using the terms "desperate" and "reckless" in reference to a club is pot calling the kettle black stuff.

I don't mind us being called reckless or desperate. Maybe we were both. Who knows?? But to say that St Kilda are going down the "pure" rebuild path while we bring in "mature talent" is utterly mindless. Isn't our list younger than theirs?? We traded out a 29 year old, a 28 year old, two 23 years olds and let a 26 year old walk as a free agent. And we bought in a 19 year old and a bunch of draft picks. Grow a freakin brain Jake.

Yes this is interesting. There is a very negative narrative that has developed between the Bulldogs and some of the Media. Now it might be that some of the media are getting back at us here on BF and lets face it we do give it to them, me included.

But I wonder if it's more that the club is either not letting out too much information, or letting out the wrong information. Or maybe the club is making decisions these guys can't anticipate easily and it's making them look silly.

But no doubt, some of the vitriol and over emotional "journalism" that we have seen in the last week or 2 is well over the top.

Could it be that the Bulldogs are not being good boys and playing to the script. After all we are just supposed to sit in the corner whilst we are fed sympathy and charity. Heaven forbid we do something reckless and bold in order to shake up the status quo.

I don't mind us being called reckless or desperate. Maybe we were both. Who knows?? But to say that St Kilda are going down the "pure" rebuild path while we bring in "mature talent" is utterly mindless. Isn't our list younger than theirs?? We traded out a 29 year old, a 28 year old, two 23 years olds and let a 26 year old walk as a free agent. And we bought in a 19 year old and a bunch of draft picks. Grow a freakin brain Jake.
What I find hilarious is that there were a bunch of journos potting us a couple of years ago for opting to go to the draft rather than bringing in mature talent like Neeld's Melbourne. Now a pure rebuild is the new way to go. And apparently we aren't doing that despite having one of the youngest lists in the league and bringing in a 19 year old for a bunch of almost 30s. The dissonance is mind bending.

What I find hilarious is that there were a bunch of journos potting us a couple of years ago for opting to go to the draft rather than bringing in mature talent like Neeld's Melbourne. Now a pure rebuild is the new way to go. And apparently we aren't doing that despite having one of the youngest lists in the league and bringing in a 19 year old for a bunch of almost 30s. The dissonance is mind bending.
Calls to mind Mark Fine's post-round analysis after Round 5 or so this year.

Berated McCartney for asking for patience, and then went off on a rant about the Saints needing more time, "you can't rush a rebuild."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calls to mind Mark Fine's post-round analysis after Round 5 or so this year.

Berated McCartney for asking for patience, and then went off on a rant about the Saints needing more time, "you can't rush a rebuild."

There's very few other people around with such vehement opinions on matters they have no idea about. Granted some of his late night callers on SEN are a bit nutty, but whenever he's challenged on any of his views he just shouts them down.

To take a leaf out of Mark's own book, the guy is a dead set goose.

Dissonance! Great word Mike, very under-used! Should be more of it on here...

Dissonance! Great word Mike, very under-used! Should be more of it on here...
I think there's quite enough dissonance on here as it is. we don't need more of it :p

And you obviously don't play piano or guitar, because then you'd hear all about dissonance all the time :D

Look at these 2 quotes:

Had the exact same thoughts when I read it earlier. Don't mind him as a journo as a rule, but that was a rubbish article.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-the-squeeze-on-bulldogs-20141020-118vp4.html

Jon Pierik trying to rustle up a bit of unrest. We need the draft to hurry up and get here. Getting sick of journos scratching around for something to write about.

Tom Boyd deal could put the squeeze on Bulldogs

Having set a benchmark through the audacious trade for Tom Boyd, the Western Bulldogs will soon have several of their home-grown young stars, who are also crucial to their premiership aspirations, asking for a pay rise.

After what appears to be a game-changing free agency and trade period, where players and their agents exercised greater power, the Dogs must now deal with the ramifications of Boyd's stunning seven-year deal worth about $7 million.

It has even been suggested to Fairfax Media that emerging superstar Marcus Bontempelli could debate in coming weeks whether to approach the Bulldogs and ask for his recently extended contract to be revisited.

It has even been suggested that ... Bontempelli could debate ... whether to approach ... and ask ... to be revisited.

FMD. How much of a long bow to draw is that?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-the-squeeze-on-bulldogs-20141020-118vp4.html

Do they actually understand if a team starts an upward spiral most young players stay on board for finals and the chance of success. This is just padding in a quiet football time , and it's hypothetical Central being bandied around . The actual contract guessing game starts where nobody has any idea bar the club , Boyd and Pickering on the frame of the contract .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back