What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS are just a ******* waste of time, should of stayed with 17 teams. It's amazing how much Gold Coast are likeable compared to them.

Hope Treloar and WHE walk out on them.
his manager has apparently leaked to a hack reporter he wants out next year.

Why didn't he cut to the chase and just say "Boyd will earn more in the next month than most minor fundraisers"? That's essentially the core of his argument, despite it being factually incorrect - Boyd will not inherit the majority of his fortune until 2016, and will be on less than $200,000 next season.

And how does maximising his earning potential in his chosen profession reflect poorly on him?

Here's an idea, rather than denigrating elite footballers that put their bodies on the line to entertain millions being paid accordingly by their employer as a means of instilling perspective in people, why not discuss the billions of dollars blown on election propaganda, weapons/defence and unnecessary/failed infrastructure?

Why is this article about Boyd? Why not Scully? Why not Buddy? Tippett? Ablett? There were no articles like this when they got their huge deals.

And it's also neglecting the fact that Hodge, who is some sort of Saint according to the article, will also next year earn probably double what the minor fundraiser wants to raise.

We are being made out like we killed 100 babies and we are the worst thing to ever happen to the world, GIVE ME A ******* SPELL

We offered a kid a lot of money big ******* deal. I didn't see this much Bullshit when Folou and Scully got to GWS clearly Journos have been payed off to make us look like the devil

Enjoy your paycheck campaigners because all your credibility is gone

Have said it plenty of times, but I'm very confident these types of deals will become the norm for elite young talents over the coming years. Let's wait and see what cameron, Treloar, carlisle, WHE etc get in the next 12 months.

If Collingwood land Treloar on a 6 year, $5million deal, it will be lauded as a recruiting coup.

Have said it plenty of times, but I'm very confident these types of deals will become the norm for elite young talents over the coming years. Let's wait and see what cameron, Treloar, carlisle, WHE etc get in the next 12 months.

If Collingwood land Treloar on a 6 year, $5million deal, it will be lauded as a recruiting coup.
Media's excuse... He's played more than Boyd blah blah blah

Really? Wasn't that bad of an article. Just contrasting how the AFL is so different and disconnected from the grass roots game that is what is of real benefit to society, and how most kids get involved in the first place. Tom Boyd got referenced because he's the topic of the day, but the article's not about him, it's not having a go at the doggies, and you shouldn't get upset.

FWIW Peter Hanlon is generally very pro doggies and writes heaps of articles about us, to the point where I'm pretty sure he's a supporter. So I would put down the pitch forks in this case...

Really? Wasn't that bad of an article. Just contrasting how the AFL is so different and disconnected from the grass roots game that is what is of real benefit to society, and how most kids get involved in the first place. Tom Boyd got referenced because he's the topic of the day, but the article's not about him, it's not having a go at the doggies, and you shouldn't get upset.

FWIW Peter Hanlon is generally very pro doggies and writes heaps of articles about us, to the point where I'm pretty sure he's a supporter. So I would put down the pitch forks in this case...
satire-south-park-pitchforks-torches-mob.jpg

No!!! hahaa

Why is this article about Boyd? Why not Scully? Why not Buddy? Tippett? Ablett? There were no articles like this when they got their huge deals.

And it's also neglecting the fact that Hodge, who is some sort of Saint according to the article, will also next year earn probably double what the minor fundraiser wants to raise.

This article at least called out Kevin Sheedy which others seem scared to do

http://www.news.com.au/national/kev...tes-jon-anderson/story-e6frfkp9-1227102195436

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh * I wish we could have kept him at the club in some capacity, surely we could have put him in the same sort of role he's got at Melbourne and not being the head coach anymore he'd ease up a bit and repair his broken relationships etc and we'd probably be getting all the good he brings (which is plenty!!) just without the bad (going over the top by the sounds of things)

We'd still have a great footy person around the club, setting standards and helping develop the kids (which you cannot deny he is good at) just with a better tactical mind in the box on match days.

Ahh well what coulda been I guess :( good luck macca

I still would like to know how the hell so many relationships broke down specifically in the second half of last year. it just seems very odd.

On Howard, I think he knew he wasn't up to AFL standard for a while. Summed up by his quote, 'It got to that point where he had almost done all he could, I just needed to start performing on the field.' He just couldn't take the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back