What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it funny that people go on about the Boyd deal yet the media suggested to get Frawley on similar coin and Hurley is also on a 6 year deal

We're an easy target.

Was there really a need to bring Boyd into the Tom Hawkins contract article in yesterday's Hun?

Not really because it's Geelong's business, but it will happen time and time again.

Last edited:
I'd say the top 5 of the 2013 draft would still be the top 5 of the 2014 draft if they were in this pool. While 2014 appears much more even through to the later picks, the top end talent in 2013 is/was streets ahead of the candidates in 2014.

I'd be taking Boyd, Bontempelli and Kolodjashnij before anyone available this year.
We have been waiting for this draft for years ... one in which it's supposedly loaded at the top end with KPFs. And we have known for a year or two that 2014 was going to be the year to draft a KPF.

It's ironic that when the ND finally comes around we have our first pick outside the top 25 and we are now saying it's a bit meh.
I understand how all this came about and I'm very glad we have Tom Boyd but I'd still love it if we had a shot at getting a Wright or a McCartin or a Durdin.

We have been waiting for this draft for years ... one in which it's supposedly loaded at the top end with KPFs. And we have known for a year or two that 2014 was going to be the year to draft a KPF.

It's ironic that when the ND finally comes around we have our first pick outside the top 25 and we are now saying it's a bit meh.
I understand how all this came about and I'm very glad we have Tom Boyd but I'd still love it if we had a shot at getting a Wright or a McCartin or a Durdin.

would you trade boyd for any of them?

How did he manage to do that? How did he weave them in?
Apparently Bevos grand dad played in a couple of Collingwood flags. (fair enough, but no way would Ed have bought it up if they were Carlton flags)

For Boyd he bought up how Buckley played one year at Brisbane before moving to Collingwood. Vaguely relevant but I don't see how anyone but Ed would care about that in a 4 minute Tom Boyd interview.

He's like an autistic kid who only wants to talk about one thing.

Apparently Bevos grand dad played in a couple of Collingwood flags. (fair enough, but no way would Ed have bought it up if they were Carlton flags)

For Boyd he bought up how Buckley played one year at Brisbane before moving to Collingwood. Vaguely relevant but I don't see how anyone but Ed would care about that in a 4 minute Tom Boyd interview.

He's like an autistic kid who only wants to talk about one thing.
His Grandad was part of the famous Collingwood side that won four premierships in a row, a pretty big deal tbf. Interestingly (to me, anyway) he was also a premiership coach of a local club here that my parents are both life members of.

Don't get me pegged as an Eddie fan, btw, I'm quite the opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I'd still prefer to be looking at a top end key position talent, but fortunately for us, it's a relatively even draft, and we'll be in a position to select players that will complement our existing crop of talent and answer a few questions of quality/depth.

I dare say we'll be in a position to snap up an elite talent 12 months from now, too. In an ideal world, we finish a bit closer to the eight, but I'm bracing myself for a poor year, and expect we'll be either adding an 18 year old of substantial quality and character, or poaching a player that will fill a position of need - eg. Carlisle, Kolodjashnij.

It'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. At the very least, following the acquisition of Boyd, we can count on JMac and Dalrymple.

I'm pleased we're going to this draft with 5 picks. I'd prefer that over what we had last year (pick 4, 42 and 60). We still need more volume in our young core and if dalrymple gets it right, we can get 3 or 3 gems from this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 or 3?

not so bad out of 5

gems can also come from the rookie list for us, that is where we've always been a bit more luckier over other teams
picked up best 22 players in the rookie draft

I'm pleased we're going to this draft with 5 picks. I'd prefer that over what we had last year (pick 4, 42 and 60). We still need more volume in our young core and if dalrymple gets it right, we can get 3 or 3 gems from this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if that happens, we will still have the pessimists telling us how bad the one or two selections who don't light it up were as picks.

Given how well we have done in recent drafts, I really don't care if Fuller is a bust for instance. Means we didn't perfect every choice, but we still smashed it.

This video should have it's own thread. Seb is a champ! Worth watching to all who haven't seen it.
Solid effort deciding to #BeMoreBulldog at only two weeks of age.
And Libba is his fave player :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back