What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree that it was a good call for footballing reasons, but wasn't there more to it than that?

Was done well after mccartney left. Was j Mac's call.
not surprised for a number of reasons:

1. Was coasting last year, shocking form and his impact was being terribly overrated.
2. Perennially injured and will only get worse.
3. Some posters have hinted on this board he is not very professional with his recovery, again sends a shocking example.
4. Again posters in the know on this board have hinted he does the bare minimum for everything, training, gameday, meetings and again just 'coasts'. Not a good influence on wayward youngsters that need a rock hard role models to set s**t straight.
5. Celebrated draft day by having a barbecue at the local roundabout. Did the poor shire blow its entire capital works budget on that thing?

This club had done more than it's fair share for veterans over the years. I think we have more 250-300 gamers than any other club - almost certainly in contemporary times.

Often this has been to the detriment of the playing side - i point to BJ and Chris Grant barely being able to bend over to pick up the ball at the end of their careers.

If you're good enough, you'll play and you'll get offered contracts, but being the family/retirement club of the people has to stop and a believe it has just entered this period.

We moved players on with dignity, Cooney could have gone to Norf where we would have got a better deal, but we helped him get to Essendon, we have let the comments in the media that he wanted out unchallenged.

I guess he was drawing awareness to how well the club has treated him and his family when things were tough. Similar to the support the club provided to Griffen when his father passed away and later said the club was fantastic to him and he would never leave!

I have greater faith in Morris being a truly loyal club person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone elaborate on why Cooney was pushed out? Have heard many stories out of the club this off-season, but none pertaining to Coondog.

We moved players on with dignity, Cooney could have gone to Norf where we would have got a better deal, but we helped him get to Essendon, we have let the comments in the media that he wanted out unchallenged.

It's respect. Cooney showed it to us and we returned it, Griffen didn't.

Not sure that cooney feels like we respected him so much. Was pushed out the door with a year to run on his deal.

Really wish we had sent him off to GC when they were chasing him while he was worth more than pick 37 that we got from Essendon.

What year was it that they were after him and what pick would they have giving us?

Can anyone elaborate on why Cooney was pushed out? Have heard many stories out of the club this off-season, but none pertaining to Coondog.
Does train hard, coasts in games, only pushes hard when there is a goal to be had, struggles with knee issues and was too much a joker, what the example to others was poor. Was out the door this off-season for any/all of the above. The club should have allowed him to move on last year.

I think when he broke his leg, the club supported him and his family very well.

Dales brother and brothers family lost there home in a bushfire a few years ago and the club and players all put in money to help his family.
I LOVE THE BULLDOGS EVEN IF WE NEVER WIN A FLAG! AS LONG AS WE DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP PEOPLE. OUR CLUB IS AMAZING!

Really wish we had sent him off to GC when they were chasing him while he was worth more than pick 37 that we got from Essendon.

What year was it that they were after him and what pick would they have giving us?
We got Biggs and Hamilton for him. More than I thought we'd get.

He might go ok in a decent team but he's no longer capable of doing the hard yakka required to help lift a struggling team like ours.

Griff on the other hand.....beast. I'm tipping him for the brownlow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back