What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't at all excited/inspired/blown away by Daniel Menzel making his comeback against Collingwood tonight. 4 knee recos; it's a great effort - I get it. But I just wasn't enjoying the story being shoved down my throat by the channel 7 commentators. Collingwood pulled off a big win against the odds but you barely would have known listening to the TV commentary. Sure to be a very unpopular opinion so - I'm sorry (but that is the point of the thread).

Last edited:
I wasn't at all excited/inspired/blown away by Daniel Menzel making his comeback against Collingwood tonight. 4 knee recos; it's a great effort - I get it. But I just wasn't enjoying the story being shoved down my throat by the channel 7 commentators. Collingwood pulled of a big win against the odds but you barely would have known listening to the TV commentary. Sure to be a very unpopular opinion so - I'm sorry (but that is the point of the thread).
FAIRYTALE WAHT A STORY AMAZING STORY 10,000 DAYS SINCE HE LAST PLAYED TWITTER HAD TEN USER NOW ITS A BILLION FAIRYTALE FAIRYTALE

It was garbage.

FAIRYTALE WAHT A STORY AMAZING STORY 10,000 DAYS SINCE HE LAST PLAYED TWITTER HAD TEN USER NOW ITS A BILLION FAIRYTALE FAIRYTALE

It was garbage.
I wasn't at all excited/inspired/blown away by Daniel Menzel making his comeback against Collingwood tonight. 4 knee recos; it's a great effort - I get it. But I just wasn't enjoying the story being shoved down my throat by the channel 7 commentators. Collingwood pulled of a big win against the odds but you barely would have known listening to the TV commentary. Sure to be a very unpopular opinion so - I'm sorry (but that is the point of the thread).

But * he is a gun though wow what a comeback.

Why should the commentators care about Collingwood if their own captain doesn't even care?

I don't think it's a huge deal when players come back from serious injuries. The carry on regarding Dan Menzel has annoyed me.

4 knee recos? Sure that sucks. But he's probably being paid north of $200,000 every year to recover from them. The club would pay for the best treatment in the world, and he all he has to do is come into work every day and do his rehab. It's not that brave or inspiring - it's his job.

And people say "oh well it's an amazing effort to last this long and not give up". Why would he give up? So he can enter the real world, gain an entry level job on $50k and pay for his own treatment?

Good effort to come back and dominate like he did last night, the confidence he was playing with was unbelievable. But treating players like heroes for coming back from injury is dumb.

No finals in melb in week 1 of finals ( if freo and west coast 1-2 and sydney and adelaide 5-6).

Would not sit well with me.
Highly unlikely to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside 50 stat is so over rated ...if the there wasn't a an arc painted on the ground the stat would not exist

Time in forward half on the other hand is much more useful stat ...ei field position I rate

Gill McLaughlin handles controversy very well ....he has charisma and some wisdom and demetriou ruled with an iron fist and was stubborn cranky pig.

Gill doesn't comment on everything and can let something slide ..sometimes silence is the best strategy

Not sure whether this is unpopular but I don't see the need for clash guernseys or away strips. The modern designs leave no sense of nostalgia. The competition survived for 90 years without any complaints about guernseys clashing. When did our collective eyesight become so aghast at the intricate designs of one team's Guernsey in relation to how it looks when on the same field as any other team's guernsey?

These charity style matches like Maddies Match. Unless they were directly involved in footy ie Neill Danniher, I dont wanna hear about it.
Then hearing Nick, Jack and the commentators saying after that game "it's great to see x amount of people out here to support Maddie's vision" etc.

No doubt it was an added attraction for some but I reckon most of them were just there to watch the footy tbh.

I don't like Chris Scott.
Hird was treated unfairly by Essendon, but not the AFL.
As good as Buddy Franklin is, he makes good teams worse.
Channel NINE would be twice as good as Channel SEVEN'S football coverage and commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back