What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn straight :mad:

In seriousness, the second quarter was an absolute joke, but for the other 3 the umpiring was fair enough.

Well, that only shows that the Hawks need to up Stevic's pay by 25%.

We need Stevic the whole game, not just three quarters.

Hird = The Ethical GOAT

Essendon players didn't do anything wrong and the fault lies entirely with the club.

Can totally agree with this, the amount of turmoil those players have gone through because of organisational misconduct is abhorrent. How many times have these players being dragged through the mud already? When I heard the WADA verdict, my first thought was, haven't they been punished enough? For essentially trusting the club and their structures, which is a reasonable assumption to make.

For me, I think the sub rule is a great idea , it was just very poorly implemented. Only one sub is a nothing solution. Need to have a subs bench of at least three for tactical maneuverability and like for like injury replacements. All without compromising the interchange bench.

What unpopular AFL opinions do I have??

This upcoming women's thing is garbage. I'm all for women having a go but to tell me that the quality of women's football is that good it requires its own professional league is as realiable as an admission from James Hird.

Sorry but whilst there is some with half decent skills it isn't up to the standard of a proper league that it is broadcast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can totally agree with this, the amount of turmoil those players have gone through because of organisational misconduct is abhorrent. How many times have these players being dragged through the mud already? When I heard the WADA verdict, my first thought was, haven't they been punished enough? For essentially trusting the club and their structures, which is a reasonable assumption to make.

For me, I think the sub rule is a great idea , it was just very poorly implemented. Only one sub is a nothing solution. Need to have a subs bench of at least three for tactical maneuverability and like for like injury replacements. All without compromising the interchange bench.
Those opinions certainly fit the criteria.

I didn't mind the sub rule either. I suspect we will see more games being decided by injury this year.

Contrary, loved 2009 as well.

Most GF's this millennium have been wonderful contests.
2000, 2003, 2007, 2014, 2015 have all been horseshit and that's about it.

Agree with 2014. $1000 spent before stepping into the MCG to watch that horse s**t. Couldn't even walk out saying "Yeah my team lost in a great contest".

Just had to refer to them as traffic cones.

I believe Jobe is a drug cheat who needs his brownlow taken of him.

Statistics in proof

In the first 13 weeks of 2012 he polled Brownlow votes in 12 games. To repeat. He polled votes in 12 out of 13 games during the period of the injection regime.

In the previous 13 games he polled 4 times. In the subsequent 13 games he polled 5 times.

During the injection regime he polled 26 votes in 13 games, an average of 2 votes per game.

The rest of his career he polled 87 votes in 187 games, an average of approx 0.45 votes per game.

but I make up for it with the popular opinion that Mark Robinson is a flog

Statistics in proof

In the first 13 weeks of 2012 he polled Brownlow votes in 12 games. To repeat. He polled votes in 12 out of 13 games during the period of the injection regime.

In the previous 13 games he polled 4 times. In the subsequent 13 games he polled 5 times.

During the injection regime he polled 26 votes in 13 games, an average of 2 votes per game.

The rest of his career he polled 87 votes in 187 games, an average of approx 0.45 votes per game.

how performance enhancing are the drugs really?
(legit question)

Statistics in proof

Doesn't get much more compelling than that. I'm surprised there hasn't really been any discussion regarding Jobe's week to week performance during the regime and how different it is in comparison to the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back