What was your highlight of the 2014 GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine was Rioli going to the first centre bounce. They talk about the psychology of professional sports, and how games are won above the shoulders and that move alone was massive "* you!" to everyone who had doubted us and our preparation(in this instance, Cyril in particular).

That was a complete head*, and stated our intentions from the very start.

Apart from that, I thought the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last quarters were exceptional.

There are so many and rightly so the majority have been made but for me, given the year and the seriousness of his illness, Clarko's smile in the box near the end. Just a smile that said everything.

Roughy, Breust and Hill destroying Hannebery were brilliant though. So you think you're tough, on our ground, on our day? Smash!

These are off the top of my head. They are rather fresh in my mind though, having watched the replay a half-dozen times already...

In no particular order:
- Breust's tackle on Hanneberry (showed we weren't going to let him get away)
- Roughead's hit on Hanneberry (really showed we weren't going to let him get away)
- Burgoyne waltzing through centre-wing/centre-square (untouchable)
- Lake's tackle on Jack (what a recovery)
- Langford's three goals, but particularly his bouncing mastery (I hear the ball is still up in the atmosphere somewhere)
- Poppy's goal (strong, long and straight)
- Cyril's dual attacks on Tippett disposals (gave him footsteps for the remainder of the match)
- Hodge's intercept/goal (vision that broke their spirit)
- Roughead's goals (even though they weren't "quality" goals because he "didn't have to work for them" :rolleyes:)
- Lake's speccy (I hear he is still up there with Langford's goal ball)
- The final siren (of course)
- The gatorade smothering of Clarko
- The fact that a bitter disassociated ex-player-cum-commentator had to watch as we made his comments look as foolish as he sounded.

So many,

Langers game was unreal. And his goal on the run in the 2nd was phenomenal!!!
Hodgey, what do you say, he is Hodgey
Spang receiving a premiership medallion
$hitney supporters getting upset because we boo'ed Goodes and Franklin
The side giving it to Prick Franklin
Suckers snap.
Lewis, Mitch, Silk, standing up.
Rough out scoring million $$ man.
CYRIL!!!!
The Chief handing over the cup!

What a day, what a win, WE ARE A HAPPY TEAM AT HAWTHORN!!!

There are too many great moments, really.

But, one moment that gave me a chuckle was Big Boy beating Jetta on the wing. Hehehe. One moment that made me cheer was Cyril chasing and tapping the ball from his opponent's hands, as if his life depended on it. One moment that made me nod and say 'Hah!' was the moment Lake took a beautiful telling mark against the Bud and a fella in my bay stood up and yelled to the Sydney bay next to us, 'And he did it for a quarter of the price!' Classic. And, a moment that made me simply smile happened during the after-match celebrations. Sammy led a small parade of his children through the confetti. Now, that was cute.

It was a spectacular day. I'm so proud of our boys. They did it! I still have tears coming to the eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply how hard we hit them all over the ground. We really targeted Buddy and Hannebury and it worked a charm. I have a lot of respect for Hannebury but he does not like being physically targeted. He went completely missing for the second half.
Loved Lakey climbing on Tippett
Loved the contest between 2 Hawthorn royalty families. Langford pushes the bigger and older Kennedy off the ball easily, keeps it in and then says F you and kicks a ripper.

Rougheads tackle on hannebery. It was a real FU moment and set the tone for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it's Cyril.
He's such an awesome, natural footballer. He can do anything, and a lot of it is freakish. It would have been devastating if he had missed - he's got a Hawk tattooed on his chest, for God's sake!

And that brilliant statement: Cyril's in the middle for the opening bounce!

That was a complete team performance but I loved the pressure we put on the Swans the best act being Rougheads spear tackle on Hannebery.
Also loved Hodge getting into the Sydney psyche by staring them in the eye, just like a dominate predator he just stares them in the eye until they look away. We all know who is king of the jungle!

My favorite moment was in the dying seconds we kicked the goal inside 50 and saw SPANGER running for a contest....I thought the fans and the players wanted him to take that mark more than him....That was awesome assssssss :cool::cool::cool:

Would have been better if he managed to kick a goal after the siren.....:)

The whole day was sublime, but one thing epitomised they day for me. Hodge was isolated with Buddy in the backline at one stage in the 2nd quarter (IIRC). The ball was delivered high and Hodge just used his football smarts and his body to beat Franklin and get the ball over the boundary. No fuss, no bother, brains versus brawn. It made me realise that in Buddy's mind he was still under Hodge's command.

Apart from the endless heroics onfield the sour,glum looks on the faces of the afl officials at the post match presentation. They played true to the script of wishing a swan flag right to the end.I daresay they are already scheming of how to derail Hawthorns 2015 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back