Autopsy What we learnt from week 1 NAB 2015 (or the Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaah the good old vic too slow to get a pun on a guys name and a particular drug that got west coast in a bit of strife and hawthorn in not quite as much strife

I didn't really miss it over the off season

I have never heard of a drug called 'gooey' :/

I learnt (after long suspecting it) that Higgins plays better in a good team than in one that struggles.

He is just not the lead from the front type we all like so much. ala GAJ

I learnt (after long suspecting it) that Higgins plays better in a good team than in one that struggles.

Higgins always looks good in preseason

Give Frawley some time, first pre season game with a new team (one that is a complete opposite to his last one).

Once he has our best players around him he will be able to play to his strengths. All he needs to do is beat his man one on one, which we know he can do. Gibson will possibly be more free'd up to help. Once he takes the mark or creates a spoil we have a mirriad of players to play the ball out of defence.

Just look at Lake. Rarely kicks the ball out of defence. Chip kick or handball to a better user, every time.

Once he has our best players around him he will be able to play to his strengths. All he needs to do is beat his man one on one, which we know he can do. Gibson will possibly be more free'd up to help. Once he takes the mark or creates a spoil we have a mirriad of players to play the ball out of defence.

Just look at Lake. Rarely kicks the ball out of defence. Chip kick or handball to a better user, every time.
So the Hawks will play 2 in def that shouldn't really be racking up the D50's??

Without footy on free to air it may as well not exist.

The fans are sick of the mega stadiums and want the suburban experience back, the amount of people who were wrapped to be able to buy a full strength beer at theWhitten oval was incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I learned long ago that reading anything into preseason games is for mugs.

I learned long ago that reading anything into preseason game RESULTS is for mugs - Corrected for accuracy

Plenty to learn about individual players from all clubs. I bet ALL clubs and fans will learn plenty about their players - new/old/recycled and the new game plans and/or coaches.

Lots to be learnt - just ignore the actual score results. Especially now there is no actual piece of silverware or big fat novelty cheque to be won.

Higgins always looks good in preseason
I think it's more Higgins looks good fully fit, as soon as he has a niggle he tends to drop right off.

Oh really? Clearly you don't have your facts straight.

Spoon.jpg
Burn, you got me. I'll take the $4.50 on the Libba less dogs, thanks.

Suspecting what? If you ever watched a dogs game when we were competing you would have known he was playing great football. It's absolutely no surprise to anyone that he plays better in a good team...the problem is that he's inconsistent and injury prone. Good luck.

I learnt that when you win it's "yeah boi, football is back, we're looking good this year"
When you lose it's "meh, good to see the kids get a taste"

Good.

Was stoked with our kids on display against a side even there coach said was one of the best sides they could put out there. About 5-6 of our rookies or listed players yet to play more then 5 AFL senior games showed some really good signs. I would not be surprised if 3 of those kids actually become starting 22 players come the end of the year.

Also another good, no injury's.

The Bad

Gun players getting season ending injury's in practice matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back