What will be the next hoodoo we break?

Which will we break first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted for beat Collingwood and beat St Kilda which would give us 2 in a row and break the Etihad drought, while possibly having Hogan kick 5+

Roos needs a big scalp this year, badly.

The 7 wins under him have come from Richmond x 2 (LOL), Carlton, Adelaide, Essendon, Gold Coast and the Bulldogs. Not any world-beaters there, I'd rate the Adelaide away win as our best in tenure (in itself a hoodoo breaker - 13 years without a win in Adelaide for God's sake) - but they didn't make finals last year and summarily sacked their coach at season's end.

I want us to beat one of Collingwood, North or Geelong. 2/3 would be great. Most of all though, that we don't get beat up by these teams again. Show some heart. If we roll over and get spanked tomorrow I'll be filthy - take the QB game away from us as punishment because we don't deserve it.

We only travel interstate twice more this year - WC in Darwin and Freo in Perth - both definite losses

I can't read this thread anymore. Too confronting.

If we don't win at Etihad on Sunday against St Kilda, I am going to burn down the stadium so nobody gets to win there ever again

Last edited:
I can't read this thread anymore. Too confronting.

If we don't win at Ethihad on Sunday against St Kilda, I am going to burn down the stadium so nobody gets to win there ever again
But then we would never break the hoodoo

Chris Dawes to clunk a contested mark.
Jack Watts to sleep an entire night with the light off.
Jack Watts to lay a tackle. Tick! Who would have thought?!
Dean Turdlick to return to the senior side.
Turdlick running at above 50% for kicking efficiency.

I'm with Proper Gander. If we lose this Sunday Etihad is going to be burnt to the ground.

With any luck they will have constructed Etihad out of that highly flammable aluminium that they seem to enjoy using on those architectural marvels dotted throughout the badlands. Won't take much to get it stoked up.

Be warned, if we are down by 5 goals at 3/4 time she's going up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With any luck they will have constructed Etihad out of that highly flammable aluminium that they seem to enjoy using on those architectural marvels dotted throughout the badlands. Won't take much to get it stoked up.

Be warned, if we are down by 5 goals at 3/4 time she's going up.

I will bring the Marshmellows

Pretty confident we'll win this week, Saints are going to be inconsistent all year with their performance. We have our best midfield in (Minus Vandenberg) and I think we'll win comfortably out of the middle. Dees by 21 points.

The thread is horrifying. The last time everyone was confident of an easy win we got belted. You're demons supporters. I say this every time, we are NEVER EVER confident of a win. Pretty sure if you look up the club's mission statement it's in there.

Only thing I'm confident of is classical MFC turnovers and being cold and pissed off I have to watch comical turnovers at Corporate Stadium of Doom

The thread is horrifying. The last time everyone was confident of an easy win we got belted. You're demons supporters. I say this every time, we are NEVER EVER confident of a win. Pretty sure if you look up the club's mission statement it's in there.

Only thing I'm confident of is classical MFC turnovers and being cold and pissed off I have to watch comical turnovers at Corporate Stadium of Doom

It's the Dees' double-edged sword.

"Saints this week - nice, should get a win up! ... s**t, we're gonna lose."

It's the Dees' double-edged sword.

"Saints this week - nice, should get a win up! ... s**t, we're gonna lose."
Yeah and I never understand why our supporters would be confident with the first bit. We haven't beaten them since before the iPhone was invented. But yeah, we're totally gonna win

Yeah and I never understand why our supporters would be confident with the first bit. We haven't beaten them since before the iPhone was invented. But yeah, we're totally gonna win

So you're saying that this is all Apple's fault?

God damn it. I knew it...

Can't believe the Saints are as short as 1.6...

But do yourself a favour and get on them anyway. Pays for the beers during the hours of despair...
Might do that, I'd gladly lose a bit of cash to see us smack the saints at etihad

Of course then we'd probably have a draw

Pretty confident we'll win this week, Saints are going to be inconsistent all year with their performance. We have our best midfield in (Minus Vandenberg) and I think we'll win comfortably out of the middle. Dees by 21 points.
They might also have their confidence up because they are playing us.

I've pretty much sussed out how it goes. Last time I went to Etihad was when we played Brisbane last year - and it was ******* woeful. The one good bit was I caught the tram there and sat next to Bomber Thompson, who talked to me and saw my scarf and said really positive things about the Dees and how we were favourites and he said good luck and all, so I was feeling really positive and stoked.

I need to remove the Bomber Thompson factor. This time, I catch the bus

Back