What will be the next hoodoo we break?

Which will we break first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have studied the remaining hoodoos, and the ones I would like to put away most are:

a) two in a row (only, of course, then we need to approach 3-in-a-row as the next hurdle); and
b) beat Norf.

I can't stand Norf

When was the last time we won at Manuka, or whatever it is called this minute? Does that become a separate hoodoo, or can we kind of pretend that because it is a GWS home ground that it would count as a win in "greater" Sydney?

I have studied the remaining hoodoos, and the ones I would like to put away most are:

a) two in a row (only, of course, then we need to approach 3-in-a-row as the next hurdle); and
b) beat Norf.

I can't stand Norf
I'd forgo Norf just to beat the saints. Even when they have been terrible we haven't been able to beat them

I'd forgo Norf just to beat the saints. Even when they have been terrible we haven't been able to beat them
Maybe we could beat Norf and Saints on consecutive weeks so we both get a win and also knock off the 2 in a row? Shame we can't play either of these games in Sydney or Qld though.

Maybe we could beat Norf and Saints on consecutive weeks so we both get a win and also knock off the 2 in a row? Shame we can't play either of these games in Sydney or Qld though.
We could sell a game to Cairns? Or even the NT, we haven't won there since Trengove rushed a behind from the ruck contest in 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread bump alert.

My hoodoo that I want gone is ... win two games in a row. Cmon Dees. 2016! Maybe three! (Maybe not in the first three games because if that happens, I'll surely make a dick of myself on the main board)

Two in a row please! I get so excited after one win, but I can't remember what it's like to have two in a row :(

Thread bump alert.

My hoodoo that I want gone is ... win two games in a row. Cmon Dees. 2016! Maybe three! (Maybe not in the first three games because if that happens, I'll surely make a dick of myself on the main board)
I do it all the time, it's not that bad.

I do it all the time, it's not that bad.
Pinky swear - if Melbourne win rounds 1, 2 & 3 (which is like 4 in a row counting GWS) you go to the main board and start a "Dees to win flag" thread. If you can do it, I'll start a Brownlow prediction about Heretia or similar.

Pinky swear - if Melbourne win rounds 1, 2 & 3 (which is like 4 in a row counting GWS) you go to the main board and start a "Dees to win flag" thread. If you can do it, I'll start a Brownlow prediction about Heretia or similar.
Done deal.

Last win in NT was 2011 as well. Might pay to stop playing up there soon (I know it allows us to play more away games in VIC but is it really worth it???).

Theres too much cockiness around this board, we are almost guaranteed to lose next week now
I know right! i keep trying to warn them. We will be our own downfall.

The top ups will treat this as their grand final (sorry i'v waited years to use it against someone)

We played some absolute stinkers last year, that game against Carlton...

Still nervous about the Essendon match this Saturday, but we should win, and two in a row would be a massive achievement.

Back