Remove this Banner Ad

Augustine

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cameron - already one of the competitions stars. Could be the successor of Carey, wearing that number 18 and all. You also have Patton and Boyd. This is giving the competition nightmares by the way. But what becomes of McCarthy? Obviously this is a 'problem' that is a few years down the track because you need to see how all four develop. But what do you guys think?

I think he needs to put on size, develop and then see if he's good enough to displace someone in the 22. If he isn't good enough then it isn't really a loss if he leaves. Every club looses it's depth players

I think he needs to put on size, develop and then see if he's good enough to displace someone in the 22. If he isn't good enough then it isn't really a loss if he leaves. Every club looses it's depth players

Gee it's not bad to have a depth player as a 1st round pick key forward though is it. The rest of the competition is desperate for key forwards. They are so rare. What would be a realistic trade?

Cameron - already one of the competitions stars. Could be the successor of Carey, wearing that number 18 and all. You also have Patton and Boyd. This is giving the competition nightmares by the way. But what becomes of McCarthy? Obviously this is a 'problem' that is a few years down the track because you need to see how all four develop. But what do you guys think?

I think we're going to develop him as a CHB, and play in mostly in the NEAFL for the first year.

When he stops being skinny, I can easily see him becoming a key defender.

I think we're going to develop him as a CHB, and play in mostly in the NEAFL for the first year.

When he stops being skinny, I can easily see him becoming a key defender.
Spot on. He's played down back in all of the NEAFL practice matches to date. Definitely needs to get a few pre-seasons under his belt to develop a KPP body.

Trade him to Freo :) no seriously. I support both teams and Freo are in serious serious serious need of a FPF.
Freo also have a lot of depth so maybe some players could trade places. I would look at players that are not getting regular games over there. Neale, crozier, sutcliffe and Sheridan are always the unlucky ones to miss out and are full of class

If I were freo I wouldn't chase a skinny KPF. I'd chase mason shaw, Shane kersten hell even chase 1 of mcinnes/McGovern/colledge from wce. Lots of depth KPF around the place and much more developed than McCarthy.

I have only see him play the once; to me it looks like he has the mobility to play tall midfield, a la Nat Fyfe, Jack Watts.

Gee it's not bad to have a depth player as a 1st round pick key forward though is it. The rest of the competition is desperate for key forwards. They are so rare. What would be a realistic trade?

Sit down, relax, have a cigar.

Now, we're dealing, and you just admitted that we have control of a commodity that, and I quote, the rest of the competition is desperate for. And that, and again I quote, they are so rare.

Given you think that, you wouldnt expect any realistic offer to involve any variety of potato, or that we'd be looking at any asset that was looking at free agency, or was already on very good personal terms they'd expect to be matched.

Sit down, relax, have a cigar.

Now, we're dealing, and you just admitted that we have control of a commodity that, and I quote, the rest of the competition is desperate for. And that, and again I quote, they are so rare.

Given you think that, you wouldnt expect any realistic offer to involve any variety of potato, or that we'd be looking at any asset that was looking at free agency, or was already on very good personal terms they'd expect to be matched.

I agree. Sheedy was right the Vic clubs were gutless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Sheedy was right the Vic clubs were gutless.

Pretty much. And now the cap room's been spent and we're in for the ride.

I cant see anyone worth Cam McCarthy that we can fit in our salary cap. He'll be the Tim Mohr replacement in two years.

I have only see him play the once; to me it looks like he has the mobility to play tall midfield, a la Nat Fyfe, Jack Watts.
I'll let you ponder this last statement until I stop laughing...........

Realistically, it won't be long before a several of your first round talls are asking for more opportunity. Fortunately for you guys, you'll have the bargaining power.

Tomlinson and Jaksch. Can you see them being targeted this off season? And what would be needed to get them to a Victorian club?

Realistically, it won't be long before a several of your first round talls are asking for more opportunity. Fortunately for you guys, you'll have the bargaining power.

Tomlinson and Jaksch. Can you see them being targeted this off season? And what would be needed to get them to a Victorian club?

The Dom Tyson deal is the model.

He's sitting there at #14. We're confident Lobb will drop to #29.

Who else do we pick ? Another mid ?

That would not of Hurt but I guess with the Richess you have you could take anyone you wanted

That would not of Hurt but I guess with the Richess you have you could take anyone you wanted

Remember, all the kids were supposed to get homesick and leave, and we wouldnt be able to develop the 17 year olds.

Oh, and Collingwood were one of a number of clubs who only ever wanted to trade draft picks when we had stuff like zone selections to trade.

I really hope Carlton come knocking about Tomlinson, I think he will be a gun.. Surely with Boyd, Patton, Cameron all ahead of him he would consider a trade.. What do you realistically think would be a fair trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back