What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh you mean overall as in what the AFL are planning in regards to including VFA flags from pre-1897 etc etc?

Who knows.

I don't think Port counts the flags won in 1997 and 1998 as at the time they were won by the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club, which at the time was a separate entity and club to the Port Adelaide Football Club, because at the time the two clubs were forced to separate due to SANFL rules. I think Port wore a heritage jumper a few years ago with a list of all it's premierships, and I'm fairly sure 1997 and 1998 weren't included.

Oh you mean overall as in what the AFL are planning in regards to including VFA flags from pre-1897 etc etc?

Who knows.

I don't think Port counts the flags won in 1997 and 1998 as at the time they were won by the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club, which at the time was a separate entity and club to the Port Adelaide Football Club, because at the time the two clubs were forced to separate due to SANFL rules. I think Port wore a heritage jumper a few years ago with a list of all it's premierships, and I'm fairly sure 1997 and 1998 weren't included.

Well they would of had to. There would have not been much choice in the matter.

AS sturtmen and Grass Roots indicated on the other thread, the SANFL owned the stadium and licences if they couldn't negotiate a deal that favoured themselves then they would have been a bunch of incompetent fools. Which by hearing of the deal they are not!!!!!!

They're a bunch of incompetent fools anyway.

And the SANFL don't own Adelaide Oval, only tenants. Either the State Government own AO or the SMA (which is the joint operation between the SANFL and SACA) have some sort of lease/ownership.

They seem far from it

No they owned AAMI which both the crows and Power were under an obligation to play for the coming years, along with owning the licences. How do you think they came to owning so much? Then they made sure by allowing the move to Adelaide Oval they were fairly compensated (in their opinion).

I would say they are far from being incompetent fools.

Sorry, didn't realise you meant AAMI.

They are incompetent fools in such they are allowing clubs such as Glenelg, Sturt and West to be in such dire situations financially.

Not only that, but while I do realise that while they did own the licenses and the Stadium, and that as owners they are entitled to make some money, I don't think that gave them poetic license to prevent the Cows and Port to make some decent $$ as well.

I'm.pretty sure Rucci went more in-depth about it all last year or this year, I had the articles saved somewhere, I'll post them when I find them.

Going back to SANFL expansion, I'm also fairly sure it was either him or another journo that suggested either a Hills or Modbury team become the 10th side (before the Adelaide Reserves came along).

Who knows.

So how do Port Supporters feel about playing for a flag that will not be recognised for years to come like their existing flags?

If the AFL continue with their plan to "recognise" the game (as well as teams) prior to 1897, as well as teams that didn't join until 1908, 1925 as well as teams that particpated in other leagues prior to joining the VFL/AFL etc, then Port's premierships will be counted.

However I believe that an SANFL Flag this year, as well as the Magpies flags in 1997 and 1998, will be counted separately or as "Reserve" grade.

Do Brisbane count their 1991 Reserves Flag?

It's 2014 the SANFL is C grade at best. We have bigger things to worry about.

In saying that port adelaide is one club so really why shouldn't it count as a PAFC premiership??

It just a dick measuring contest anyway I'm not sure why the suddenly AFL recognises all of those premierships Carlton won before vfl. Anyway what does it mean they recognise? If a blues supporter gets drunk and starts bragging instead of laughing at him the AFL rep has to agree? Such a wank anyway.

Last edited:
It's 2014 the SANFL is C grade at best. We have bigger things to worry about.

In saying that port adelaide is one club so really why shouldn't it count as a PAFC premiership??

It just a dick measuring contest anyway I'm not sure why the suddenly AFL recognises all of those premierships Carlton won before vfl. Anyway what does it mean they recognise? If a blues supporter gets drunk and starts bragging instead of laughing at him the AFL rep has to agree? Such a wank anyway.

If you hate the SANFL so much and by all your posts it indicates this, why do you want to be part of it?

You only have to read the what will the SANFL do on the Port Adelaide SANFL linked thread and you will see 90% of the postings are having a crack at the SANFL.

I simply dont understand why Port Power supporters want to be part of it yet slag it so much. Wouldnt you loby your club to leave it like the majority of SANFL supporters are doing with their clubs to remove you from teh comp.

This could only be a win / win situation because of teh hatred towards the SANFL and the Hatred towards Port Power by the 8 SANFL cubs supporters?????

Are you kidding about SANFL wanting Port in their league, have you read the feedback on SANFL FB, Footy SA, talking Footy I cant recall any opposition supporter wanting them left in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? I didn't say anything about wanting to be apart of anything. I said we are in the sanfl so we are able to win the 2014 sanfl premiership. Simple.

So do you want to be part of a league which you and the majority of your fellow supporters hate so much, ill ask you the question consider you havent said anything ? I dont read any posts pumping the SANFL up from Port Power supporters just pure criticism and hatred of the league.

So do you want to be part of a league which you and the majority of your fellow supporters hate so much, ill ask you the question consider you havent said anything ? I dont read any posts pumping the SANFL up from Port Power supporters just pure criticism and hatred of the league.

Whatever is the best for the Port Adelaide football club on and off the field. I don't care where they play.

Whatever is the best for the Port Adelaide football club on and off the field. I don't care where they play.

Hahaha so you have no opinion, by your posts you could have fooled me.

Im quite happy to tell my club they voted wrong on the SANFL reserves, doesnt mean I wont support my club we are all able to have an opinion, I cant believe you wouldnt have an opinion on whether you want to be part of a league you seem to hate. There will be, and are alternatives you know!!

Hahaha so you have no opinion, by your posts you could have fooled me.

Im quite happy to tell my club they voted wrong on the SANFL reserves, doesnt mean I wont support my club we are all able to have an opinion, I cant believe you wouldnt have an opinion on whether you want to be part of a league you seem to hate. There will be, and are alternatives you know!!

Wow your reading way to much into this. My opinion...

SANFL WAS relevant a long long time ago.
SANFL has taken way to much $$$$ from both AFL clubs
At the end of the day there will be an AFL reserves comp which I am all for
At the moment before that gets off the ground is the SANFL the best thing for port financially? Is it the best for port on the field??? That's a question to everyone by the way.

First time using a reserves model so they might as well try it out where you would hope it is the least financial risk.

Wow your reading way to much into this. My opinion...

SANFL WAS relevant a long long time ago.
SANFL has taken way to much $$$$ from both AFL clubs
At the end of the day there will be an AFL reserves comp which I am all for
At the moment before that gets off the ground is the SANFL the best thing for port financially? Is it the best for port on the field??? That's a question to everyone by the way.

First time using a reserves model so they might as well try it out where you would hope it is the least financial risk.

I am still trying to understand your answer but correct me if I am wrong

Your opinion is that teh SANFL is irrelevant (in mine and thousands of others it isnt) thats OK youre entitled to your opinion
The only reason you want to stay in the SANFL is for financials reasons not because you enjoy following your team in the local comp against the SANFL clubs, I personally enjoy going to the local footy, seems to make sense to me to go somewhere because you enjoy it.

I am still trying to understand your answer but correct me if I am wrong

Your opinion is that teh SANFL is irrelevant (in mine and thousands of others it isnt) thats OK youre entitled to your opinion
The only reason you want to stay in the SANFL is for financials reasons not because you enjoy following your team in the local comp against the SANFL clubs, I personally enjoy going to the local footy, seems to make sense to me to go somewhere because you enjoy it.

Pretty much. But I do enjoy following the Magpies and I do enjoy them winning. I'll follow them in SANFL hell I would follow them if they were in the hills league.

Pretty much. But I do enjoy following the Magpies and I do enjoy them winning. I'll follow them in SANFL hell I would follow them if they were in the hills league.

Then it wouldnt concern you if the SANFL didnt renew your annual licence, but would it concern you if they made your team weak by placing other restrictions upon your team that brought you back to the pack or even worse made you uncompetitive by trying to mix half a team of proffesionals with half a team of amatuers say u23 and made you not have a home ground.

Last edited:
Then it wouldnt concern you if the SANFL didnt renew your annual licence, but would it concern you if they made your team weak by placing other restrictions upon your team that brought you back to the pack or even worse made you uncompetitive by trying to mix half a team of proffesionals with half a team of amatuers say u23 and made you not have a home ground.

Alberton is and should always be our home ground there should be no question there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back