What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

Without the Crows in the Comp we would be dead set last aswell, I can live with that, we will come good eventually I hope. I will still be there saturday, the Power boys from the AFL Board invited me for a drink before the AFL game but will stuggle to get there unfotunatley especially after having a few at Richmond oval!!

And the SANFL NEED the Crows and Port more than the Crows and Port need the SANFL or the AFL.

And the SANFL NEED the Crows and Port more than the Crows and Port need the SANFL or the AFL.

Not if they have the AFL watching their back and ensuring they are well funded. The AFL hold the $$$$$ and decided where its distributed.

Totally agree, but I do like the Bar at Richmond Oval, with that on the agenda for this weekend, and who knows we could even get back to back wins!!! Our 2nd real win for the season, the crows one didnt count!!!

Yeh, that bar at Richmond is a fine place...especially when a few other games are on...Prospect was better when we had a screen used at each end of the club room...sanfl game...afl game...Roosters upstairs :)

I'm a Port fan, but I accept the argument of a compromised competition - with 8 teams playing to one set of rules, and 2 to another. If the Maggies win the flag this year, it will be tainted by accusations of "unfair" and 'doesn't really count".

Why not have two major titles each year in the SANFL - a championship and a premiership. A championship would be played for by all 10 teams, and is decided by the leading team at the end of the minor round. Port and the Crows would then drop out, or play amongst themselves in September, and the top 4 remaining SANFL clubs would then play in a finals series to determine the premiership team.

This fulfils the requirements of Port and the Crows by giving their players the chance to play together, and also gives them something to play for. The SANFL premiership would not be compromised - indeed, there would be real interest in both the championship and premiership titles. Imagine being the first SANFL club to achieve the double.

Port and the Crows would be in the race for a championship title -and such a title would not have to appear tainted, as the premiership undoubtedly would every time that Port or Crows won it - even if it was only once in 10 years.

Port and the Crows fulfil their objectives, and the SANFL premiership is not compromised. Win win.

I don't hate this idea...but sanfl wouldn't go for it...olsen is a **** in my opinion and would be happy to see an AFL reserves grand final every year...

Nah thanking the AFL, those teams are but franchises of organistaion that makes the coin. But I suppose the AFL need the SANFL more than they need the Crows and Power, wouldnt you say?
Wont need to be the amatuer league, havent you heard the SMA or SANFL are funding a new stand at Bay oval and paying off outr debts, LOL

Oh yeah thanks AFL

1990 thanks Glenelg , memory's some people will never get. Your post just shows how you need us.

Any way enjoy your new stand as I'm enjoying mine.

1990 thanks Glenelg , memory's some people will never get. Your post just shows how you need us.

Any way enjoy your new stand as I'm enjoying mine.

Is that the stadium where you fill with 50,000 people but will still make a loss at the end of the year LOL. Good work AFL how else are the Tigers, West and Sturt going to survive, once again thankyou AFL for bringing this wonderful deal together and ensuring that the cards fell our way.

Seriously the AFL do wonders for this leaugue of ours. People just dont see it!

Is that the stadium where you fill with 50,000 people but will still make a loss at the end of the year LOL. Good work AFL how else are the Tigers, West and Sturt going to survive, once again thankyou AFL for bringing this wonderful deal together and ensuring that the cards fell our way.

Seriously the AFL do wonders for this leaugue of ours. People just dont see it!

Seriously you have less than 3000 members, how relevant do you think you are.

Do some home work on the stadium deal because you are way off, just because you hear a one liner on theradio doesn't make it fact.

No doubt changes will be made to try and bring the Maggies and Crow reserves back into the same ballpark as the rest of the comp. What these changes will be, who knows. Probably some ludicrous changes.

One thing is for sure, now the SANFL dont hold the licences for the two AFL sides, the comp won't last without them in it. Sure they will make money from their share of the SMA stadium deal worked out, but that won't be near what they were making at AAMI with the licences included.

How are they making that money up? By having chn 7 jump on board as a broadcast sponsor after the ABC walked out on the league due to poor ratings. Do you think chn 7 offered to broadcast without a quite word from the 2 AFL clubs? Do you think, if both AFL clubs are kicked out of the SANFL (as Grassroots seems to want) that chn 7 will continue to broadcast the SANFL games, or at least provide the same money to the SANFL to do so.

Without the support of the two AFL clubs, the SANFL will be under the control of the AFL as all its clubs would financially be struggling, as would the league itself. What do you think the AFL will decide? Thats right, both clubs play their reserves in the state comp with top up players.

If SANFL clubs think what is happening is unfair, why dont they get off their ass and do something about it, rather than winge and hope the other clubs are penalised. Top (or equal top) of the ladder in the WAFL, VFL and NEAFL, SANFL are all... guess what... stand alone clubs! Thats right... Eagles are equal top with Port... only behind on %. The world isn't going to end, and to think that the SANFL clubs will adjust in 8weeks of footy is dumb. The good clubs will have adjusted nicely by seasons end. The s**t clubs will remain s**t for a number of years, regardless if Nick Stevens is their coach or not.

Honestly I wouldn't care if we can't have ANY top up players next year. Would be pretty embarrassing for an SANFL club to still lose when there's only 16 opposition players on the field, or perhaps 14 on the field with 2 on the bench. Great preparation for the big time.

No doubt changes will be made to try and bring the Maggies and Crow reserves back into the same ballpark as the rest of the comp. What these changes will be, who knows. Probably some ludicrous changes.

One thing is for sure, now the SANFL dont hold the licences for the two AFL sides, the comp won't last without them in it. Sure they will make money from their share of the SMA stadium deal worked out, but that won't be near what they were making at AAMI with the licences included.

How are they making that money up? By having chn 7 jump on board as a broadcast sponsor after the ABC walked out on the league due to poor ratings. Do you think chn 7 offered to broadcast without a quite word from the 2 AFL clubs? Do you think, if both AFL clubs are kicked out of the SANFL (as Grassroots seems to want) that chn 7 will continue to broadcast the SANFL games, or at least provide the same money to the SANFL to do so.

Without the support of the two AFL clubs, the SANFL will be under the control of the AFL as all its clubs would financially be struggling, as would the league itself. What do you think the AFL will decide? Thats right, both clubs play their reserves in the state comp with top up players.

If SANFL clubs think what is happening is unfair, why dont they get off their ass and do something about it, rather than winge and hope the other clubs are penalised. Top (or equal top) of the ladder in the WAFL, VFL and NEAFL, SANFL are all... guess what... stand alone clubs! Thats right... Eagles are equal top with Port... only behind on %. The world isn't going to end, and to think that the SANFL clubs will adjust in 8weeks of footy is dumb. The good clubs will have adjusted nicely by seasons end. The s**t clubs will remain s**t for a number of years, regardless if Nick Stevens is their coach or not.

We dont have the support of two AFL clubs, your club has been a burden on the SANFL for years. And although you think you are going so well this year, there is no doubt another loss will occur. So please have ya licence so the SANFL doesnt have to keep putting its hand in its pocket for you.

Ah yeah channel 7, how much does the SANFL have to pay to channel 7 every year to have their games televised? Please remind me?

The support DH comes from AFL, and I wonder why that is. Who do you think would look after football in this state if they werent there. And what I mean by football, is umpiring, loacal leagues, School Football, Junior Football, Officials, the whole bloody lot. The AFL need the SANFL to do it because its as sure as hell Port Adelaide wont be doing it.

WTF are you on, I need some ya kook

Seriously you have less than 3000 members, how relevant do you think you are.

Do some home work on the stadium deal because you are way off, just because you hear a one liner on theradio doesn't make it fact.

FFS we have 3000 members great, you have 52000 and cant even get 3000 to a Top of the table clash against South Adelaide, then another week and just get 3000 to then next top of the table clash against sturt. I reckon if you look at attendences this year we are within 2000 of the power with 3000 members and we are basically bottom of the ladder. What is going on, dont over 90% of your supporter base give a toss about the so called Magpies, not many of us including myself recognise that name anyomore. Even that so called plastic franchise is kicking your arse in attendances, although realistically you guys are no different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont have the support of two AFL clubs, your club has been a burden on the SANFL for years. And although you think you are going so well this year, there is no doubt another loss will occur. So please have ya licence so the SANFL doesnt have to keep putting its hand in its pocket for you.

Ah yeah channel 7, how much does the SANFL have to pay to channel 7 every year to have their games televised? Please remind me?

The support DH comes from AFL, and I wonder why that is. Who do you think would look after football in this state if they werent there. And what I mean by football, is umpiring, loacal leagues, School Football, Junior Football, Officials, the whole bloody lot. The AFL need the SANFL to do it because its as sure as hell Port Adelaide wont be doing it.

WTF are you on, I need some ya kook

So where has the SANFL been getting all its money from the last 20yrs? thats right, most of it is generated through the two AFL clubs. I can garuntee you right now, if the SANFL didn't move to AO with the two clubs and remained at West Lakes it wouldn't take long for them to go bankrupt.

Yep the AFL does give a lot of money for grassroots football and both AFL clubs (well I know at least Port) are quite keen on grassroots footy as well. The AFL would prefer the SANFL didn't exist. Right now only the SANFL and WAFL aren't under control of the AFL, the WAFL looks after its two AFL clubs quite nicely as well as cooperates with the AFL for all the grassroots stuff. The SANFL believes the whole world owes it something and is like a stubborn mule. Without the AFL clubs the SANFL would be under full AFL control by now. So be grateful and stop whining like a little girl.

So where has the SANFL been getting all its money from the last 20yrs? thats right, most of it is generated through the two AFL clubs. I can garuntee you right now, if the SANFL didn't move to AO with the two clubs and remained at West Lakes it wouldn't take long for them to go bankrupt.

Yep the AFL does give a lot of money for grassroots football and both AFL clubs (well I know at least Port) are quite keen on grassroots footy as well. The AFL would prefer the SANFL didn't exist. Right now only the SANFL and WAFL aren't under control of the AFL, the WAFL looks after its two AFL clubs quite nicely as well as cooperates with the AFL for all the grassroots stuff. The SANFL believes the whole world owes it something and is like a stubborn mule. Without the AFL clubs the SANFL would be under full AFL control by now. So be grateful and stop whining like a little girl.

So you really think the AFL wont to set up an infrastructure in South Australia and take control of footy in this State, Yeerrrr that would be a fantastic way to loose members and market share, as that's all their interested in.

No doubt the AFL is the premier football division in the country they have the most talented players and will attract the majority of income and viewers. Not in the discussion. So quite sensibly the AFL and SANFL will work together and as mentioned before, will have a closer relationship than that of the Crows and Power have with the AFL. As the SANFL have to look after the development and administration of footy in this state not the Crows and Power.

Why dont you go back to your GAYFL ways and be grateful that both the AFL and SANFL have bailed the Power out for all these years!

So you really think the AFL wont to set up an infrastructure in South Australia and take control of footy in this State, Yeerrrr that would be a fantastic way to loose members and market share, as that's all their interested in.

No doubt the AFL is the premier football division in the country they have the most talented players and will attract the majority of income and viewers. Not in the discussion. So quite sensibly the AFL and SANFL will work together and as mentioned before, will have a closer relationship than that of the Crows and Power have with the AFL. As the SANFL have to look after the development and administration of footy in this state not the Crows and Power.

Why dont you go back to your GAYFL ways and be grateful that both the AFL and SANFL have bailed the Power out for all these years!
:rolleyes: its like going around in a circle with you.

We have greater problems on the horizon for the 8 non-AFL clubs in the SANFL. The blueprint is for 2 AFL games in Adelaide each weekend, this means 4 AFL teams based in Adelaide, and a full AFL Reserves competition. When the AFL get their way with this one, the disintegration of a competition which has been buoyant since 1877 will be complete. The things that hurts me the most is that people who were given their first opportunities in footy by the SANFL are now working towards destroying it.

We have greater problems on the horizon for the 8 non-AFL clubs in the SANFL. The blueprint is for 2 AFL games in Adelaide each weekend, this means 4 AFL teams based in Adelaide, and a full AFL Reserves competition. When the AFL get their way with this one, the disintegration of a competition which has been buoyant since 1877 will be complete. The things that hurts me the most is that people who were given their first opportunities in footy by the SANFL are now working towards destroying it.

IF you have read most forums or FB pages the full reserves comp is what the majority of SANFL fans want. As for 4 teams in the AFL from Adelaide, absolute pipe dream!

The more important question and this can be to scotty13 also, so we aren't going around in circles, is that what you would prefer also, an AFL reserves comp, because if it is we will agree on something!

IF you have read most forums or FB pages the full reserves comp is what the majority of SANFL fans want. As for 4 teams in the AFL from Adelaide, absolute pipe dream!

The more important question and this can be to scotty13 also, so we aren't going around in circles, is that what you would prefer also, an AFL reserves comp, because if it is we will agree on something!

Mate, I'm not hear to argue, or speculate, I' m just telling you what I know.

Yep I would definitely prefer an AFL reserves comp, as long as the Magpies can still exist in the SANFL and Port can then get some for of zone back for the SANFL.

AFL reserves would ensure AFL teams are aware of how they are travelling for the future too. But no AFL reserves will be around until at least 2020 so we have to deal with what we have.

Yep I would definitely prefer an AFL reserves comp, as long as the Magpies can still exist in the SANFL and Port can then get some for of zone back for the SANFL.

AFL reserves would ensure AFL teams are aware of how they are travelling for the future too. But no AFL reserves will be around until at least 2020 so we have to deal with what we have.

Easily solution, play the Magpies in the AFL reserves competition.

Why do you say no AFL reserves to 2020, the meeting at Ethiad two weeks ago had the reserves comp on the agenda?

Why do you say no AFL reserves to 2020, the meeting at Ethiad two weeks ago had the reserves comp on the agenda?

Nope an AFL reserves side would be Power reserves... but Magpies need to stay in the SANFL, and Im sure the SANFL would want this. After all when we first entered the AFL in 97, the SANFL forced us to keep fielding a magpies team because they know how important they are to the league.

I think 2020 as it would take a year or two for things to be sorted out with it, and clubs to build their lists up. but it may happen with the next tv rights whenever that is up.

Nope an AFL reserves side would be Power reserves... but Magpies need to stay in the SANFL, and Im sure the SANFL would want this. After all when we first entered the AFL in 97, the SANFL forced us to keep fielding a magpies team because they know how important they are to the league.

I think 2020 as it would take a year or two for things to be sorted out with it, and clubs to build their lists up. but it may happen with the next tv rights whenever that is up.

Do you know what I would have no problems with that set up, as its about having an even competition and if as you have suggested takes place, everyone will have the same salary cap and basic club set ups. I am not one of the upset SANFL fans that care about the Magpies or Power name although I see their point on the Power players playing in a Magpies jumper.

I am not difficult to get along with, all Im asking for is everyone to play under the same rules. I hear people bring up Centrals dominance, but they were under the same rules as the rest of us as was Norwood. If they broke the rules they will have sanctions against them and its up to the SANFL to place that penalty.

As it stands today the rules aren't the same for everyone.

This is the ideal solution. That way the SANFL clubs can continue to wander around playing C grade footy, thinking themselves the second best league in the land and we can play against other AFL reserves teams. But if that happens, I give the SANFL 10 years tops before half the clubs are playing in the SAAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back