What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have - it clearly shows that they are.

If they weren't they wouldn't be fielding teams!

Seriously mate - what exactly is your argument, and what is it's basis?

Are you having a tantrum because Glenelg are sh!t and have been since they joined the league bar the few years Cornes was with them?

Does anyone give two shits about the sanfl? I mean besides Cornsey over here.

Apart from GRF, Cornsey, Leigh Whicker, John Olsen, Central District Supports, Norwood Supporters.........no.

Facing irrelevance if they don't grow up and just admit they need to start looking at the bigger picture.

It's the South Australian NATIONAL Football League, not the Adelaide Suburban Football League.

Start planning for teams outside of Adelaide suburbia - think Mount Barker, Mount Gambier, Spencer Gulf and Gawler.

I have - it clearly shows that they are.

If they weren't they wouldn't be fielding teams!

Seriously mate - what exactly is your argument, and what is it's basis?

Are you having a tantrum because Glenelg are sh!t and have been since they joined the league bar the few years Cornes was with them?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/the_sanfl/about_the_sanfl/

League Directors are represented by the 8 SANFL clubs

Port Power and Adelaide have been granted licences to compete in the league reviewed annually

Therefore they are members of the SANFL.

By the way, it's not Port Power.

It's Port Adelaide.

Nah mate they have been granted licenses on an annual basis, I suppose the word member comes down to our interpretation, but if you have a license to be part of a league which has full time teams playing without such agreements, it could be argued you are definitelly not a member of that league like the other 8 members. Like I interpret Port Power as your clubs true identity I suppose along with the majority of Football Fans!

Yep. If they were truely Port Magpies they'd be playing within the SANFL salary cap, they're not so they're Power Reserves.
Neither Adelaide or Port have a vote in the SANFL, they're both invitational teams and hence shouldn't be allowed to compete in finals. They can field their reserves teams during the year so they can get the games into players needed but after that they can f*** off!

I'll put it this way then.

Without Adelaide or Port Adelaide, Reserves or no Reserves, the SANFL and it's 8 clubs would be broke.

This is especially true for Glenelg, Sturt and West. Sturt nearly folded last preseason and West are probably one more financial controversy away from doing so as well. Glenelg, well they're sh!t anyway.

With no Magpies no doubt.

Magpies no such beast, its Port Power. As for the league not existing, they have managed to obtain a stable income from Adelaide Oval, by allowing the AFL to break a contract over footy park which they were under an contract to play games at for so many years. By allowing the AFL to break is contracturial arrangements they were compensated as you woudl expect by having the SMA. Also by selling the AFL licences that they bought and owned outright this income will also support the league. You could call it smart investing something Port Power dont seem capable of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will they call Calington the eagles or tigers? Or change it to Glenelg calington tigers? Nick Stevens to coach?

Probs because the rest of SA Football followers call us the Glenelg Tigers apart from maybe some Port Power supporters, where as the majority refer to you guys as Port Power

I'll put it this way then.

Without Adelaide or Port Adelaide, Reserves or no Reserves, the SANFL and it's 8 clubs would be broke.

This is especially true for Glenelg, Sturt and West. Sturt nearly folded last preseason and West are probably one more financial controversy away from doing so as well. Glenelg, well they're sh!t anyway.
And what coin are Power Reserves putting into the SANFL to have a team in the comp? Half of F-All IIRC.

Will they call Calington the eagles or tigers? Or change it to Glenelg calington tigers? Nick Stevens to coach?

Bridgewater "merged" (read takeover) with Callington at the end of last year.

However I think Bridgewater don't even acknowledge Callington, and Callington players don't even play for Bridgewater if at all.

Relegated to the SAAFL and the Aldinga Sharks to come in......

*ducks for cover*

Gee you missed a good opportunity there, maybe bring Willunga in after all they were a foundation club. That's right no one gives a s**t about who the foundation members were just ask Port Power. Just the current 8 clubs whom run and control the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back