What will Johnson get for deliberately kicking a Docker player in the head last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

earthquake

Team Captain
Aug 12, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
teams playing Carlton
I think it was Neale ( i stand to be corrected on the players name ) who was kicked in the head deliberately by Johnson when they were on the ground.The tv showed a couple of replays of the incident
It was gutless what Johnson did and he should be suspended but given the MRP and their favourites ...Swans and the Cats they will probably do nothing

Probably nothing. Will be found guilty of misconduct but the contact was next to nothing in terms of force. Should have been at least a free kick though

I didn't like how when Neale retaliated, Geelong got the free kick

I think Varco has more to worry about than Johnson. Hit Suban in the chin twice with much more force than Johnsons boot.

Shock horror,started by a Hawk groupie :rolleyes:
-----

I hope you are proud of what the AFL is allowing your players and the Swans players to get away with plus COLA for them , no wonder the AFL is down on ten of thousands of spectators this year

Personally think there wasn't a lot in it, it's not a good look so maybe a fine, but if the MRP was to be consistent (hahaha) then he should get 2 weeks, because it's so similar to Fyfe's on Jackson last year

-----

I hope you are proud of what the AFL is allowing your players and the Swans players to get away with plus COLA for them , no wonder the AFL is down on ten of thousands of spectators this year

If it's pissing you off this much then I'm loving every minute of it.

FFS take a chill pill or go get laid.You'll burst a woofer valve if you keep getting yourself in this much of a tis.

Kicking a bloke in the head is completely unacceptable. The MRP should accept Whateley's inevitable wrath and give Stevie J at least a week.

It's a very, very bad look.

Suban will probably get done for the tummy tickle he gave Varcoe as a retaliation, where as Varcoe will be let off with insufficient force.

Nothing in the Johnson incident, but there should be points for stupidity.

Coupled with last weeks kneeing on Thompson and his dive where he grabbed Sutcliffe around the head and then he went down and received the free kick the AFL should take action.

I mean that's the true definition of a dive and in my books much worse then what Lyndsay Thomas did although he copped a media backlash. Lyndsay's was a free albeit he put plenty of mayo on it.

Johnson's wasn't even a free, he conned the umpire, it costs us a goal and hence should be dealt with severely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't remember a heap of force being behind Fyfe's kick on Jackson a while back. Can't find a vid to compare.

well Freo supporters would know all about dog acts

It's nice to revisit the dim past sometimes, but how about we stay on topic. We don't really need you to post the video of Ballantyne's dog act of bashing Scarlett's fist with his jaw.

Better hope it's insufficient force.

Otherwise.

Intentional, low impact, high contact kicking offence = 400 points * 40% loading + 75 carry over points.

635 points so 6 weeks down to 5.

Otherwise.

Intentional, low impact, high contact kicking offence = 400 points * 40% loading + 75 carry over points.

So he gets more than Vickery king hitting Cox and knocking him out?

ok m8

Otherwise.

This is the problem with the point system. I reckon most people, even Geelong fans, would say that SJ deserves a week for being an idiot and I'm sure the AFL would not want to passively sanction this sort of behaviour by not suspending him at all but the points system doesn't allow that. He'll either get 6 weeks or nothing, there's no grey area.

They won't ban him for 6 weeks for that so he'll get nothing and people will complain that it's ok to kick people in the head as long as you don't kick them too hard.

This is the problem with the point system. I reckon most people, even Geelong fans, would say that SJ deserves a week for being an idiot and I'm sure the AFL would not want to passively sanction this sort of behaviour by not suspending him at all but the points system doesn't allow that. He'll either get 6 weeks or nothing, there's no grey area.

They won't ban him for 6 weeks for that so he'll get nothing and people will complain that it's ok to kick people in the head as long as you don't kick them too hard.
Agree with this.
Think they should ditch the whole points system and just look at it and say yep, that's 1 week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back