Opinion What will the SANFL do?

What will the SANFL do?

• Make Port accept the same conditions that Adelaide currently have?

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Improve Adelaide's conditions and bring Port down?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Leave it as it is for another season?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Look to kick the AFL clubs out?

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to but want attend AFL Reserves games out of protest against my club voting YES! Will go to all other games, dont mind as I watch the amatuers in those weeks of AFL reserves having played at a local club!

Well then don't attend the Bays' games either if they voted it in.

So before all this, did you attend Alberton games and spend money?

Well then don't attend the Bays' games either if they voted it in.

So before all this, did you attend Alberton games and spend money?

Have definitley been to Alberton oval, had a mate who used to live on Todd st and get a nice convenient park, but doesnt look like I will be going there in the future, and yes bought a beer!

Mate I will write something but will just end up with another violation and it will be removed but there ya go. All I can say if you hate the SANFL so much why be part of it take your bat and ball and go somewhere else, I truly dont think the majority of SANFL supporters will care in fact there might be somewhat of a celebration as the competion will become just that a real true competition again!!!!

You can't be unhappy with Port Adelaide's presence while still taking Port Adelaide's money via Adelaide Oval revenue. If you want Port Adelaide out, by all means agitate for it, but don't expect all that ill-gotten lucre to keep hitting your coffers.

You can't be unhappy with Port Adelaide's presence while still taking Port Adelaide's money via Adelaide Oval revenue. If you want Port Adelaide out, by all means agitate for it, but don't expect all that ill-gotten lucre to keep hitting your coffers.

Yep definetly unhappy and would definetly forego the SMA money if both the Crows and port would actually payout the agreement of using AAMI , which on historical figures would have them forking over $40-50 Million for the term left they had agreed to. Upfront please because of the broken agreement. Meaning if the SANFL invested those $$$ could probs earn $4-$5 million a year outweighing the SMA return. Does it make sense now why they are getting a return out of Adelaide Oval?

Yep definetly unhappy and would definetly forego the SMA money if both the Crows and port would actually payout the agreement of using AAMI , which on historical figures would have them forking over $40-50 Million for the term left they had agreed to. Upfront please because of the broken agreement. Meaning if the SANFL invested those $$$ could probs earn $4-$5 million a year outweighing the SMA return. Does it make sense now why they are getting a return out of Adelaide Oval?

Port Adelaide's league-leading revenues contributed heavily to the building of Football Park after nigh-on 100 years of being its chief moneyspinner as a foundation member of the competition.

Take your 1/8 share of the forthcoming landsale and walk away.

Port Adelaide's league-leading revenues contributed heavily to the building of Football Park after nigh-on 100 years of being its chief moneyspinner as a foundation member of the competition.

Take your 1/8 share of the forthcoming landsale and walk away.

Yes they did, and us SANFL supporters of the 8 SANFL clubs would like to thank you, but if you were expecting a return you should have done a contract like most wise and prudent business operators or else its just bad practise or should I say Bad luck. Similar to that of the SMA and how the SANFL became part of the SMA through having written contracts in place that cant be disputed.

Yes they did, and us SANFL supporters of the 8 SANFL clubs would like to thank you, but if you were expecting a return you should have done a contract like most wise and prudent business operators or else its just bad practise or should I say Bad luck. Similar to that of the SMA and how the SANFL became part of the SMA through having written contracts in place that cant be disputed.

That would've been feasible if the SANFL didn't run as an oligarchy that holds a gun to your head with take-or-leave deals with the unprecedented backing of the SA legal system.

That would've been feasible if the SANFL didn't run as an oligarchy that holds a gun to your head with take-or-leave deals with the unprecedented backing of the SA legal system.

Ok now its my turn from the normal reaction! Its the SANFL'S fault for running their operation with correct contracts, you know crossing the t's dotting the i's, if they were more like Port it wouldnt be so bad. Gee SANFL its your fault for doing everything by the book.

Ok now its my turn from the normal reaction! Its the SANFL'S fault for running their operation with correct contracts, you know crossing the t's dotting the i's, if they were more like Port it wouldnt be so bad. Gee SANFL its your fault for doing everything by the book.

When it comes to self-interest, there's always been one rule for the SANFL and the gang of eight, and Port Adelaide.

Never mind, we'll take our ever-increasing 70 cents in the dollar and stride the national stage while you hold hands and sing kumbaya among yourselves.

When it comes to self-interest, there's always been one rule for the SANFL and the gang of eight, and Port Adelaide.

Never mind, we'll take our ever-increasing 70 cents in the dollar and stride the national stage while you hold hands and sing kumbaya among yourselves.

I guess we will never truly know the returns with the confidentiality agreement, just rumors what everyone is getting but hopefully those incomplete truths will keep everyone happy!!!!

Somebody get this man a brain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't matter where grassrootsfooty's fav team finishes, caus grassrootsfooty is in footy utopia - she/he is a grassroots footy fan, salt of the earth, pure goodness that no afl phoney will ever appreciate.

Bottom or top doesn't matter caus he/she is able to enjoy the purity of supporting a Sanfl team, free of the greed and nastiness that corrupts those evil afl club (sorry 'franchises').

But........ Those nasty afl meanies better chip in for this footy utopia, bloody arseholes that they are.

So what's the deal with our delisted AFL players? Are we able to offer them Magpies contracts to stay at the club? The wording of the new rules seems to indicate that we're allowed to offer new one-year contracts to current players.

So what's the deal with our delisted AFL players? Are we able to offer them Magpies contracts to stay at the club? The wording of the new rules seems to indicate that we're allowed to offer new one-year contracts to current players.
I think if they are under 23 and have not played AFL or SANFL league footy for 2 years we can offer them a 1 year contract.

I think if they are under 23 and have not played AFL or SANFL league footy for 2 years we can offer them a 1 year contract.

Yeah that's the rule for signing all new players, but can we keep ex-AFL players in the same way we can keep our current over-23s by offering them a new one-year contract? Ie if we delist Logan/Heath/Stevenson can they be contracted with the Magpies if we wanted them?

Yeah that's the rule for signing all new players, but can we keep ex-AFL players in the same way we can keep our current over-23s by offering them a new one-year contract? Ie if we delist Logan/Heath/Stevenson can they be contracted with the Magpies if we wanted them?

I think the 2 spots currently taken by Summerton and Slattery are used for over 23s

Norwood will be a tough opponent for us next week based on the game today between them and the Double Spews - as an aside everyone, there's a poll up on the SANFL site asking who you think will win the GF and the Deadlegs are fairly comfortably in front of us and we are fairly comfortably in second - so how about some of you getting in there and voting (for us of course) - it wouldn't surprise me if Deadleg fans are voting repeatedly by going in day after day and voting again and again (someone mentioned to me that it seems to work:rolleyes:).

http://www.sanfl.com.au/

Norwood will be a tough opponent for us next week based on the game today between them and the Double Spews - as an aside everyone, there's a poll up on the SANFL site asking who you think will win the GF and the Deadlegs are fairly comfortably in front of us and we are fairly comfortably in second - so how about some of you getting in there and voting (for us of course) - it wouldn't surprise me if Deadleg fans are voting repeatedly by going in day after day and voting again and again (someone mentioned to me that it seems to work:rolleyes:).

http://www.sanfl.com.au/

Done

If they will accept $400 a game, thinking ex afl players maybe worth a bit more coin than that!

If they will accept $400 a game, thinking ex afl players maybe worth a bit more coin than that!
Nathan Krakouer(Former AFL PAFC and Gold Coast player) I think is on $400.
It will be a very rare case though, I think the only delisted AFL players we will get (if any) will be real young players with a lot of time ahead of them.
Most mid 20's former AFL players will be scooped up by Norwood and Centrals I think.

Nathan Krakouer(Former AFL PAFC and Gold Coast player) I think is on $400.
It will be a very rare case though, I think the only delisted AFL players we will get (if any) will be real young players with a lot of time ahead of them.
Most mid 20's former AFL players will be scooped up by Norwood and Centrals I think.

I think the incentive to sign for Port would be the lure of remaining linked to an AFL development set-up via the Magpies would get a player the best chance of future drafting, whether that be a second chance by Port or another club. As you say, most likely this would be possible for the youngsters.

Back