What would the HTB board have been like without Essendon/Asada etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would be something like:

Non-Essendon supporter - So wadda ya reckon, are any players doping to get a leg up, or what?

Essendon supporter - Well, no Essendon players would be doing that, Hirdy would make sure of that. But, I reckon Hawthorn and Collingwood would be into it. And you absolutely know Carlton are. Norf are too poor, but.

I can't remember what was on here before the whole Essendon doping news dropped in on us and at the moment it is hard to imagine what it would be like once (if ever) it is all over!

What would have been the hot topics we discussed over the last few years if all this had never happened?
The big one that was emerging before the Essendon saga was the afl silently suspending players who had 2 or 3 strikes.

The enormity of the Essendon saga has overshadowed what a big deal this is. It shows just how far the afl will go in the image>ethics stance.

Other HTB notables:
- Melbourne tanking saga
- Racism in footy
- st Kilda Duthie disaster
- COLA and equalization

Was relocation a hot topic back in the day?

My memory is that it's been dusted off any time a controversial subject threatened to take over the main board.

Nothing has ever delivered as much or for as long as this one, though - and no signs of it ending soon.

The big one that was emerging before the Essendon saga was the afl silently suspending players who had 2 or 3 strikes.

The enormity of the Essendon saga has overshadowed what a big deal this is. It shows just how far the afl will go in the image>ethics stance.

Other HTB notables:
- Melbourne tanking saga
- Racism in footy
- st Kilda Duthie disaster
- COLA and equalization
We didnt tank

We didnt tank

Yeah, I would prefer that it was just referred to as "tanking" rather than Melbourne tanking. It was just that we were the only club investigated and then punished for not doing it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would prefer that it was just referred to as "tanking" rather than Melbourne tanking. It was just that we were the only club investigated and then punished for not doing it. :rolleyes:
Strange how libba said a few things about carlton and then went quiet, unlike toothpaste,maybe his son playing influenced libba shutting up

It would be something like:

Non-Essendon supporter - So wadda ya reckon, are any players doping to get a leg up, or what?

Essendon supporter - Well, no Essendon players would be doing that, Hirdy would make sure of that. But, I reckon Hawthorn and Collingwood would be into it. And you absolutely know Carlton are. Norf are too poor, but.
As opposed to now, where it's just inverted roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whatever the controversy was, if it involved anyone other than Essendon you can guarantee it would have been swarming with Bombers fans doing all those other things they accuse everyone on this board of doing (foaming etc)

1653956_679337125457906_353665796_n.jpg

I feel like an idiot for saying this, and I know it will fuel agreement from some quarters, but for a while, I thought HTB stood for Hate the Bombers. I only realised it was The Hot Topic Board recently. you guys need to do a list of acronyms for newcomers.

I feel like an idiot for saying this, and I know it will fuel agreement from some quarters, but for a while, I thought HTB stood for Hate the Bombers. I only realised it was The Hot Topic Board recently. you guys need to do a list of acronyms for newcomers.

In my industry I was issued a list of TLAs when I first started.

BTW, TLA stands for three letter acronym.

In my industry I was issued a list of TLAs when I first started.

BTW, TLA stands for three letter acronym.

I like FBA.

* ed by Albert.

A useful acronym which can be descriptive in relation to the fates of, among others: a dietician, a high performance manager, a Head of Football, a CEO, a Chairman and "lifelong friend", a Club Doctor and "lifelong friend". Even a dumbass who was put in charge of the disposable records.

And I think there are going to be a whole new batch of FBAs shortly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back