Society & Culture What would we do if all life was ending in 20 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think your family, friends or colleagues would? I don't. I don't think the majority would. One of the biggest base traits of humans is working together. They have ever since their existence and I don't see why that would stop.

Probably not people I call friends, or family. But there are sections of society who would go hog wild in this scenario. I can't actually imagine many police or military people thinking "yeh, it's worthwhile keeping everyone under control", when they could actually do whatever they want, especially after 10 years or so.

I could imagine the process that gets us food in the modern western world falling apart very quickly. It's a tenuous process and if one link in the chain breaks people would be agitated very quickly. People in rural areas/farmers etc would hold a lot of power if they can keep people from raiding/looting.

Also, check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_Victorian_Police_strike
The veil of civility is surprisingly thin...

Probably not people I call friends, or family. But there are sections of society who would go hog wild in this scenario. I can't actually imagine many police or military people thinking "yeh, it's worthwhile keeping everyone under control", when they could actually do whatever they want, especially after 10 years or so.

I could imagine the process that gets us food in the modern western world falling apart very quickly. It's a tenuous process and if one link in the chain breaks people would be agitated very quickly. People in rural areas/farmers etc would hold a lot of power if they can keep people from raiding/looting.

Also, check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_Victorian_Police_strike
The veil of civility is surprisingly thin...

Oh yeah. There is always that element to society. Hell, hundreds of people went nuts here and trashed the city when they lost a hockey game :$ Maybe I'm a dumb optimist but I don't think the majority are like that.

Oh yeah. There is always that element to society. Hell, hundreds of people went nuts here and trashed the city when they lost a hockey game :$ Maybe I'm a dumb optimist but I don't think the majority are like that.
I'd like to be a dumb optimist too! I probably am. But I think it'd bring out the worst in people. I kind of imagine looting gangs along with clusters of people wanting to do the "right" thing and kind of fortressing themselves in compounds.

tumblr_lyjiqcYeJJ1r4gei2o1_400.gif

No work, chores or nothing like that. Drink, drugs, sex and party. That's about it. And steal and drive very fast cars and bikes.

Anarchy!

Where did the post from vealesy re: anarchy go? Surely I didn't imagine it?

In any case vealesy, my post wasn't strictly talking about anarchy, it was more satire (or an unfunny comment, depending on your sense of humour) regarding our cultures dependence and obsession with the lives of the rich, famous and trying...anarchy, madness etc call it what you want, I'd hate to see what people would do if they can't see whether Paul Licuria outdanced Masterchef on the Block

Where did the post from vealesy re: anarchy go? Surely I didn't imagine it?

In any case vealesy, my post wasn't strictly talking about anarchy, it was more satire (or an unfunny comment, depending on your sense of humour) regarding our cultures dependence and obsession with the lives of the rich, famous and trying...anarchy, madness etc call it what you want, I'd hate to see what people would do if they can't see whether Paul Licuria outdanced Masterchef on the Block

I reckon I've only got 10-15 years left in me anyway. So I reckon I'd just keep doing what I'm doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably go to work every day like the little bitch I am.

Haha actually laughed out loud most people would need to work but you could imagine in the last 5 years no one would pay bills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back