What would you do..if you were AFL comissioner for one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

joffa_magpie

Rookie
Sep 30, 2001
melb vic aust
Other Teams
collingwood
I would bulldoze colonial and start again i would make into a 120.000 seat stadium.

I would abolish the demolition of the MCC members stand.

I would have a section for passionate supporters at all grounds so the wowsers cant be offended by the word S.H.I.T

I would have all players names on back of guernsey.

I would abolish the 3rd field umpire.

I would tell catering vendors to cut all food prices by 50%

I would have at all AFL meetings a selected group of passionate club supporters which would give us a more balanced view.

I would introduce a fairer system for finals games where as only club members would be entitled to finals tickets and then on the number of games they have attended during home and away.

I would introduce a mandatory sentence tribunal system.

Ok, some payback for your post to me.

Originally posted by joffa_magpie
I would have a section for passionate supporters at all grounds so the wowsers cant be offended by the word S.H.I.T

Is this so you can describe your team's players?

Real fans don't need that. Only bandwagoners do.

Get a job that pays more.

I would introduce a fairer system for finals games where as only club members would be entitled to finals tickets and then on the number of games they have attended during home and away.

Something you & your team will never have to worry about.

Thanking you,
Slim

Well slim or who ever you maybe when you read this, i have you on ignore meaning i cant see what you replied so what ever it was go away and have fun somewhere else ok.

I have added you to the long list of other aliases you use.

you really are a boring twit.

go away idiot.

I would immediately scrap all return-blockbuster fixturing

so so-called 'big Melbourne clubs' can take their chances in a fair and even draw just like the rest of us have to.

you never know - under this system Collingwood might even make the finals ;) :eek: :D

cheers

Some good ideas Joffa, especially the cut food prices by 50%. But when the catering company is chaired by someone who just happens to be on the AFL Commission - I can't see it happening.

I'd make the draw fairer, remove all guaranteed fixtures.

Refuse the Medallion Club Access to the GF

Scrap 'series tickets' to the GF - give them to competing club members.

I think that you're spot on Joffa, the only thing i don't agree with is names on the back of jumpers, i think that would look a bit poxy.

Also agree that we should scrap the "big Melbourne clubs" games. Make the draw actually work like a draw, non of this fixing a game for a particular day, etc

Re: Re: What would you do..if you were AFL comissioner for one day.

Originally posted by Slim Shady

Real fans don't need that. Only bandwagoners do.

Yeah but what about people new to the game. And what about for opposition supporters, do you know every single player in the league?

As for me, apart from automatically awarding Essendon the premiership each year by default (yeah okay, being stupid) I would:

make sure only games against non Victorian clubs are played at Colonial, or at least, when it looks like being full, moving it to the MCG. No all ticket affairs!

Totally change the finals ticketing, so that the clubs other than the two competing don't get a look in for tickets. MCC members would be asked to indicate whether they're going to attend the grand final (although I don't know if this is possible under MCC rules)

Keep the ANZAC day match, but to stop people whinging, every second year, or at least on a fairly regular basis, drop the round when doing the return games (ie after round 15, repeat round 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, or whatever)

Do the same for other games on regular dates.

Have a family area t o stop people whinging about swearing and the like.

Yeah, make the food cheaper, at least reasonable, comparable to normal outlets.

someone suggested somewhere else that they use the barcodes to find out who goes to the most games, make them the first in line for finals tickets. Also, people who have been members for the longest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would bulldoze colonial and start again i would make into a 120.000 seat stadium.

Well ill huff. And ill puff And il BLOOOOOWWWWWW Colonial down. LOL i reckon thats all it would need.

and seriously with a chick in charge nothing will go wrong. Basically i would just scrap it all and start again. (the only thing i really like about the afl is their stance on racial villification.)

I would abolish the demolition of the MCC members stand.

I would abolish the 3rd field umpire.

I would have at all AFL meetings a selected group of passionate club supporters which would give us a more balanced view.

I would introduce a mandatory sentence tribunal system.

Yep, I'd go with all of the above with just one change..........I wouldn't give members finals tickets based on how many games they'd attended, mainly coz there are many passionate supporters who too far to attend all the time, and some people have to work on weekends and stuff so I don't see that as being fair. Neither of the above apply to me, but still. :) There's enough room in the G to make sure EVERY member of BOTH clubs gets a GF ticket.............I'd make that rule totally binding so some idiot couldn't come in the next day and mess it all up again. :D LOL Any remaining seats go to fans of either side, members or not. But gee that's too rational huh. :rolleyes: :D

Well ill huff. And ill puff And il BLOOOOOWWWWWW Colonial down. LOL i reckon thats all it would need.

and seriously with a chick in charge nothing will go wrong. Basically i would just scrap it all and start again. (the only thing i really like about the afl is their stance on racial villification.)

I Would :

Half the prises on the pies and coke etc.

Make Sure Joe Dosen't leave Essendon :(

bring Back Waverly!

Kill St. kilda

Sack Darren Goldspink

Hire Back Peter Carey

Transfer the Premiership Cup back to Essendon

Promote Andrew Demetrio to Hot Dog vender

Get Bruce to Channel 9 (not!)

And heaps of other stuff that I can't think of now!

what would you do if you were an afl commisioner for a day?

Agree with everything you say there Joffa.

If I were there I would also:

- Scrap the Ansett Cup in favour of a 24 round season as has been discussed.

- Give out enough money so all Victorian teams can survive - and don't anyone tell me the AFL hasn't got enough from the TV deal.

- Upgrade all grounds to hold at least 40,000 - in other words provide enough funds so that Optus Oval and Kardinia Park can be upgraded.

- forget about blockbuster matches, in favour of a pot luck draw.

- Stop giving the northern clubs concessions, make them have to deal like everyone else.

- Controversialy I would cap membership - make it an honour to be a member of a club, that way guaranteeing any person who is a member a Grand Final ticket. - perhaps the limit could be 30,000 in Victoria, 35,000 interstate.

- restore the rights of the AFL members by allowing walk up Grand Final tickets.

Re: what would you do if you were an afl commisioner for a day?

Originally posted by gocatsgo

- Stop giving the northern clubs concessions, make them have to deal like everyone else.

as much as i hate to say it, the salary cap concession given to Brisbane and Sydney is a neccesity for the two clubs to be able to attract players due to the higher price of living within the two towns.

Re: what would you do if you were an afl commisioner for a day?

Originally posted by gocatsgo

- Controversialy I would cap membership - make it an honour to be a member of a club, that way guaranteeing any person who is a member a Grand Final ticket. - perhaps the limit could be 30,000 in Victoria, 35,000 interstate.

gCg, that is the silliest thing I have heard in a long time.

members know they're not guaranteed GF tickets. It's wrong, but they know.

Why stop clubs from letting everyone who wants to give them money?

After last weeks grand standing with personal agenda's on the channel 9's Footy Show the first thing i would do is put an ultimatum to Eddie Maguire to chose between being in the football media or president of a football club.

The agenda bias he uses on that show is unbelievable and should not be allowed in a fair competition.

Time for Eddie to make a decision or get out. And in the same way he cried like his eyes out last week the rest of the clubs should take him to task to make a choice between the media or presidency.

The Bias and hysteria he creates in the media is As good as cheating.

There would be heaps that I would like to do.

1. Stop all live broadcasts of AFL matches on saturday afternoons, this is really hurting local football through lower gate reciepts.

2. Keep all the victorian teams in Victoria
3. Make North Melbourne and Footscray call themselves that again (they're no fooling anybody)
4. Blow up Colonial Stadium and build a ground at Epping with a rail link and plenty of parking spaces.
5. Bring back Fitzroy and get them to play games at this proposed Epping ground.
6. More money to grass roots football, and support local clubs throughout Australia
7. Make AFL teams have thier own reserves and under 19's teams like they used to (Victorian teams only)
8. A more equitable system for Grand Final tickets, because now it has become elitist.
9. More assistance to small struyggling clubs in the bush and in the suburbs.
10. AFL premiership season games played in Darwin, Hobart, Bendigo, Cairns, Albury, Mount Gambier and Kalgoolie as part of a "Take the game to the people" round

There are many things that I would like to see get done, but sadly, they will remain to be dreams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back