Opinion What young forward has the most potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of key forwards who have the potential take big marks and kicking bags of goals, I like Michael Hurley (depending on where he plays), Jack Watts, Jack Riewoldt, Kurt Tippett, Chris Dawes... maybe a few others.

Yeah i'm a douche, you just said you'd kill yourself if one footballer has a better career than another footballer :eek:

yep you are a douche, i thought i established just before that i wasn't being serious :eek:.... douche

Hurley, Walker and Kennedy should all have a big 2011 I think. I'm really hoping White has a breakout year as well. He'll be hitting that 40-50 game bracket where KP forwards seem to step up.

If I had to go with 1 who I think will be an out and out superstar 3 or 4 years from now it would be Walker.

Walker and Tippett will be very good. Walker dependent on how much he wants it. Tippett is the forgotten man, had an off year but expect him to bounce back with the crows next year.

Kennedy would be excellent in a side with a class midfield. Jarrad Grant is classy and makes the most of his opportunities.

Jurrah will be frightening if he completes a full season.

Taylor Walker. He has played some ripper games already.

Hurley will most likely end up as a key defender. Its his natural position and he looks more comfortable at that end of the ground.

For Essendon, Gumby and Carlisle will be a very good duo going forward.

Walker is first class and would probably be very good.
Watts shows all the potential but still playing schoolboy footy and hasn't really had a breakout game so it all depends if he decides to pick up on intensity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential?

Hansen and Hurley (when they actually play both of them forward)

I realize the guy isn't going to get much of a wrap but I really enjoyed watching Lachie Henderson finish the season. Showed a lot of promise towards the end there. If he can get those marks to stick I really believe he could be anything.

I realize the guy isn't going to get much of a wrap but I really enjoyed watching Lachie Henderson finish the season. Showed a lot of promise towards the end there. If he can get those marks to stick I really believe he could be anything.

yeah i like him but his biggest problem at the moment is he keeps getting his hands to the ball in a marking contest and then just droping it. once he fixes that he'll be good

Walker and Tippett will be very good. Walker dependent on how much he wants it. Tippett is the forgotten man, had an off year but expect him to bounce back with the crows next year.

Kennedy would be excellent in a side with a class midfield. Jarrad Grant is classy and makes the most of his opportunities.

Jurrah will be frightening if he completes a full season.

As stated many times, Tippet is almost exactly the same age as Buddy Franklin.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1750&tid2=11&pid2=1488&type=T&fid1=C&fid2=C

If that age 23 is still considered young (i dont think it does), does buddy not have all of them covered?

Bout time we stopped talking of Tippets potential, and realise players of the same vintage have far better credentials.

Bout time we stopped talking of Tippets potential, and realise players of the same vintage have far better credentials.

Plenty of scope for Tippett to improve. He's clearly still learning the game, being a very late basketball convert. Hopefully he can learn to read the play a bit better, and improve his set shots (missed a ridiculous amount of easy goals this year). Yes he's a bit older than most discussed in this thread, but he only debuted 3 years ago (missed all of 07 through injury), and had barely played any footy when we drafted him. Kurt's still got plenty of potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back