Opinion What young forward has the most potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably Jurrah. He has more skill than any other forward listed in this thread. As someone said earlier, he'll be a frightening prospect for defenders when he has a full preseason under his belt.

yeah i think Laim Jurrah is the quite an exciting talent. and its too early to write off Jack Watts. He will have a break out year next year, maybe playing up the ground a little. he'll show all his critics. maybe a could pick for dream team :p

Daniel Stuart has also shown a bit. and if he continues to improve could be quite a good player

Really cant go past Jack R for being a coleman winner in the bottom 2 side. Just such a smart and strong player.

Non RFC player would be Fyfe.

People should only say players outside of their own club. Anyone can list players with potential from their own club, but it is better when people from other clubs agree on them. If I was to say Brisbane players I could say Banfield or Cornelius etc, but in reality I know there's forwards with more potential out there.
I would say Dawes or Jurrah.

Hopefully Chris Scott can get something out of Tommy Hawkins and that he finally gets an injury free pre-season under his belt. Likewise Hird with Gumbleton. The AFL deserves these two guys taking big grabs and kicking big goals.

in 2011 Patrick Ryder might be the pick of the lot.
he has a great set of hands, and Hurley is much more suited playing in defence.

Tippett looks the goods, and I to think Daniel Stewart from Port could be extremly good. very underated in Melbourne

Tippett looks the goods, and I to think Daniel Stewart from Port could be extremly good. very underated in Melbourne
Yep. Good call.

200cms and runs like a midfielder, gets involved in everything, strong mark, good kick. A bigger body than a Westhoff or Grant so if he puts it all together he is going to be very good.

Not sold on Tippett. Hansen and Hurley will both be very good if they can stay on track.

For 'potential' I'd have to go with Watts, but of course Jurrah can be one of the most exciting players in the League. I also like the look of Kennedy and Hurley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i like him but his biggest problem at the moment is he keeps getting his hands to the ball in a marking contest and then just droping it. once he fixes that he'll be good
That didn't stop Fevola from becoming a star...

Henderson isn't a great pack or high mark, yet he has very soft hands on the lead and holds his chest marks. Very good one out with his use of the body against opponents and holding his feet.

Lovely field kick and a good set shot from 50.

day had no idea against the eagles, he's a very similar prospect to watts and needs time to develop... a lot of it

when i was saying this before the draft nobody seemed to listen, why?

I don't know why melbourne fan's think Watts is so good, I have never seen him do anything good.

If he was to go in a draft today he would be taken at #80 because his horrible.

day had no idea against the eagles, he's a very similar prospect to watts and needs time to develop... a lot of it

when i was saying this before the draft nobody seemed to listen, why?

He's halfway between watts and naitanui i would say. He's gonna take a lot of time. More than watts or naitanui should. Never focused on footy doesnt know the game properly KPP player and just a super athlete.

Watts really shouldn't need thaat much time to show anything. He was a top junior and was a pretty ready made player other than his size when drafted (as most number ones are)

I don't know why melbourne fan's think Watts is so good, I have never seen him do anything good.

If he was to go in a draft today he would be taken at #80 because his horrible.

He was a gun junior and athletic thats why he was picked so high. Similar reasons to masten. Being a gun junior doesnt always transfer to afl though for some reason. Im hoping masten's reasons are injury and this is his year (hope dont think). Watts doesn't even have injury as an excuse so far and hasnt even shown glimpses of his talent which is what is of major concern. No moments glimpses like say a NicNat or a hill showed in their first years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back