Opinion What young forward has the most potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a gun junior and athletic thats why he was picked so high. Similar reasons to masten. Being a gun junior doesnt always transfer to afl though for some reason. Im hoping masten's reasons are injury and this is his year (hope dont think). Watts doesn't even have injury as an excuse so far and hasnt even shown glimpses of his talent which is what is of major concern. No moments glimpses like say a NicNat or a hill showed in their first years.

so missing his first pre-season due to school commitments then missing the majority of his second due to a back injury isn't an excuse?

i hear pre seasons are important in afl football

also, i take it you have watched all of watts' matches yes? because you couldn't make a statement that he hasn't shown even glimpses of talent without doing that could you?

and you would be wrong

so missing his first pre-season due to school commitments then missing the majority of his second due to a back injury isn't an excuse?

i hear pre seasons are important in afl football

also, i take it you have watched all of watts' matches yes? because you couldn't make a statement that he hasn't shown even glimpses of talent without doing that could you?

and you would be wrong

I watch all afl matches most weeks. Normally replayed on the internet. I will obviously miss the odd one when i dont have time but i have seen the vast majority of Watt's Matches and he is yet to justify or show the sighns needed to justify being taken at 1 at afl level.

I watch all afl matches most weeks. Normally replayed on the internet. I will obviously miss the odd one when i dont have time but i have seen the vast majority of Watt's Matches and he is yet to justify or show the sighns needed to justify being taken at 1 at afl level.

it depends what you are looking for, i have seen some classy moments from him, particularly in regard to his ball use and gathering the ball off the ground

we haven't seen any kpf moments really, the odd contested mark and hard lead... but that's more a product of how he is being played

yes he has also produced some poor decisions and games, but so do most young kpp's

people love to focus on the bad moments and even look for him to make a mistake, rather than also look for the good :thumbsu:

For Richmond i reckon Ben Griffiths can be a solid Chris Dawes contribute-without-totally-dominating-matches type of player, just needs his dodgy shoulders to hold up.

Other club: Watch out for Nathan Fyfe, freak!!

For Richmond i reckon Ben Griffiths can be a solid Chris Dawes contribute-without-totally-dominating-matches type of player, just needs his dodgy shoulders to hold up.

Other club: Watch out for Nathan Fyfe, freak!!

think griffiths could be a very dangerous forward if everything goes well, he is a big unit and a gifted footballer

hopefully the worst of his injuries are over

Darling

dont right off John Butcher, hasnt played a game yet at AFL level but far out there's something there kicked 3 on the weekend for the magpies

think griffiths could be a very dangerous forward if everything goes well, he is a big unit and a gifted footballer

hopefully the worst of his injuries are over

Absolutely...As the thread is about potential, I'll say he's it...A huge unit with sticky hands, good at ground level, and can kick long and accurately.

Obviously injury and lack of time at AFL level means there are still massive question marks, but on potential I can't see many ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now it's got to be Jack Gunston. Turns 23 this month and had a career best season kicking 58 goals as the second key forward.

2012: 19 games - 39 goals
2013: 23 games - 46 goals
2014: 23 games - 58 goals

Career: 79 games - 163 goals = 2.06

Right now it's got to be Jack Gunston. Turns 23 this month and had a career best season kicking 58 goals as the second key forward.

He's not a genuine Key forward, the most POTENTIAL has to be Cameron.

great player Gunston. Darling would also kick similar numbers if he played for you guys

After Riewoldt's year, he is already established. As in Franklin, Josh Kennedy.

Watts is a joke, could be top 10 worst recruiting decision in history.

Taylor Walker easily has the most potential. Youtube him if you need evidence.
This guy spot on

SHUT UP!!:mad::mad::mad:

I agree. :cry:

EDIT: Forgot Jeremy Cameron. Gunston 2nd best.

Has to be darling honestly think if he were at the hawks he would average 3 goals a game.

haha cool, sure watts has only played 18 games, but lets write him off shall we??? COOL!

btw, if taylor walker has a better career than watts i will kill myself

RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back