What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

That was admittedly a pretty novel approach with Fyfe...

My brain was being turned into a pretzel as I heard it.

"Fyfe won't plead guilty to intentional/high, but he'll plead guilty reckless/high or intentional/body."

"But he intended to strike!" "OK, then intentional/body."

"But he hit him high!" "OK, then reckless/high."

giphy.gif

WTF?

"Harvey, who was sent direct to the Tribunal, pleaded guilty to flipping Western Bulldogs tagger Liam Picken to the ground in Sunday's clash"
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-19/three-games-for-harvey

So many uninformed statements ITT.

He pleaded guilty to 'flipping', and challenged the 'choke hold'. Received a discount.
Lake pleaded guilty to 'wrestling' and challenged the 'choke hold'. No discount, and also added extra points beyond what MRP should have.

Deserved 2 weeks max, this game is a joke.
Wonder how many weeks Buddy Franklin TM would have got for that?
1 week and conveniently back for finals I think.

BTW Picken can GAGF

yes, picken is renowned as a fair, skilful ball player. :rolleyes:

seriously, all it would take is for the umpires to apply the rules that are there............eg, you can' tackle a player 20 or 30 metres off the ball, and the little scragger wouldn't have a career.
Yeah he is pretty skillful as far as shutdown players go. He's been playing as a small defender most of the last two years.
I've already established he is fair as evidenced by his tribunal/suspension record. Harvey on the other hand....
Seriously, it's like talking to children. Obviously fair player gets attacked by player who has priors. "Let's all blame the guy who was attacked because he doesn't wear our shirt!" Just childish...
I'm not angry just disappointed.

In 2012 … Eagles beat the Roos by 96pts in the first week of the finals.
And he gets suspended for 4 matches. And then stupidly appeals which makes it a six-week suspension.
I forgot about that incident. So that is what made his loading 40% (10% for every week off over 2).
This time they gave him 325 points, applied the 40% loading then took off 25% for guilty plea (which he didn't really make).
If he had of accepted the 4 weeks in that final, then his loading would have only been 20%.
So this time it would be 325 points, 20% loading then 25% discount which would come out at 292 points and only 2 weeks off.

So not accepting the penalty in that final against the Eagles has cost him the chance to play the first week of finals this year.

Watch the footage again without your rose colored glasses.
Picken clearly has his hands on Boomers jumper pulling him down.
He is an absolute dog
Lol you're a ******* * mate. I dunno what footage your watching but I definitely don't see anything and it's definitely not clear. Also what ever small amount of niggling he's doing does not deserve to have him called an absolute dog. But flipping someone like that to their back, punching them (no ones mentioned this, boomer definitely swings his left arm at him) before pushing your elbow into their neck definitely does.

You just continue to prove yourself to be the massive whining bitch thy you are. ******* flog, typical norfie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the footage again without your rose colored glasses.
Picken clearly has his hands on Boomers jumper pulling him down.
He is an absolute dog
C'mon mate.

Even with your north glasses on, you must know that if anyone is a dog in this incident, it's boomer not Picken.

How many north fans called Lake a dog for what he did to Petrie??....

What is they say about people living in glass houses:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Defenders have always held down key players for as long as they can without being pinged and it's pathetic that people are using it as an excuse to justify Boomer's behavior. Why haven't all the other players that have been held down been reported charged for choking(whatever it may be). Oh s**t! That's right, most people have a brain and can control their emotions.

So don't use Picken playing a defenders role as an excuse for Boomers pathetic behavior because all defenders like Picken do as much as they can within their right to win the game.

Always wear clothes?
Page 79 of the heraldsun - Holding the man?
Theirs tagging and theirs tagging - one i used to do as a kid on the trains the other is poor excuse for footy player.
So I take it that seeing as you only quoted the end of my post you agree with the first part?.

fwiw I couldn't give a stuff what picken did, I can't stand Boomer at all and justice was served. So glad it ends his season:thumbsu:

So I take it that seeing as you only quoted the end of my post you agree with the first part?.

fwiw I couldn't give a stuff what picken did, I can't stand Boomer at all and justice was served. So glad it ends his season:thumbsu:
fwiw i couldnt give a f#$k about your post, dont mind that boomer is out gives someone else a chance.

If I had the choice of being the player on the receiving end I'd rather be ragged dolled by the scruff of my jumper than have a forearm thrust with force into my throat 150% of the time.
I think Lake's neck throttle was bad, but Harvey's elbow and forearm were very forcefully and firmly rammed into the throat . I think he's lucky he only got three weeks, but his year id dead now , and his hunt for 400 games might be weakened now too.

Deserved 2 weeks max, this game is a joke.
Wonder how many weeks Buddy Franklin TM would have got for that?
1 week and conveniently back for finals I think.

BTW Picken can GAGF
He's got form mate. He's a bit silly too. Little fella big ego. Got what he deserved brother. Buddy should have done time in the past, as has poor bloody Roughy, but Rough gets time. Bud gets stuff all. But he never got frees at Hawthorn either much.

Yeah he is pretty skillful as far as shutdown players go. He's been playing as a small defender most of the last two years.
I've already established he is fair as evidenced by his tribunal/suspension record. Harvey on the other hand....
Seriously, it's like talking to children. Obviously fair player gets attacked by player who has priors. "Let's all blame the guy who was attacked because he doesn't wear our shirt!" Just childish...
I'm not angry just disappointed.
You follow the Faildogs, you're perennially disappointed.

Picken has never been suspended for striking etc. Doesn't change the fact that he is a no-talent scragger who only gets a game because he has succeeded in getting away with illegal tactics.

Back in the '90s, Mick Gayfer was the same. One day at Vic Park, and umpire decided to apply the rules. Gayfer was told you can't tackle an opponent trying to contest a mark, was freed 3 times early n the game, didn't know what else to do. McAdam bagged 9 that day, Gyfer's career was over. I'm baffled that the same hasn't happened to Picken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back