What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent did what he was always going to do. His nasty little disposition his need to be Mr Big and everything going his way has seen him stuff up his year and Norths year , I 've been saying for ages this silly angry little fella is going to get found out, just did , with weeks, 2 50 metre penalties a few weeks back should have been enough for this so called professional and North Melbourne Royalty as Vossy called him to pull his foolish head in. Deserved all he got. And is lucky his name wasn't Lake.
quality sooking there, princess.

You follow the Faildogs, you're perennially disappointed.

Picken has never been suspended for striking etc. Doesn't change the fact that he is a no-talent scragger who only gets a game because he has succeeded in getting away with illegal tactics.

Back in the '90s, Mick Gayfer was the same. One day at Vic Park, and umpire decided to apply the rules. Gayfer was told you can't tackle an opponent trying to contest a mark, was freed 3 times early n the game, didn't know what else to do. McAdam bagged 9 that day, Gyfer's career was over. I'm baffled that the same hasn't happened to Picken.
Come on "Faildogs"?! That doesn't even rhyme. At least if you're going to be immature and childish at least be creative.

The rest of your post is a load of nonsense and you know it.

Out of curiosity, as it's non-broadcast camera footage whose is it? Do the AFL have their own set of cameras filming general play?
The AFL have High Def cameras behind goals at both ends and I think one on the wing as well. The vision is then supplied to the clubs on a fee basis for the purposes of coaching and match preparation. However I very much doubt this vision came from those cameras as they are fixed on showing the entire field all the time.

Picken's a negative, niggly little unit but so are most taggers. One thing he ain't is a dog, or weak.

Picken was just doing what he was allowed to, which was to molest Boomer most of the match. If the umps had puller him up early, he'd have eased up on the hugging etc.

Boomer aside, the umpires have a lot to answer for.

Also can all the norfies who keep calling Picken a talentless hack playing the easiest position on the ground (tagger) pls understand that for the majority of the year Picken hasn't even tagged, he's been a quality small defender for 2 years now with the odd tagging job. Of course we put him on Boomer because he gets him every ******* time and has since his first year. Boomer obviously just can't handle this talentless hack. He also held down a spot in our 2008-10 team which is far far better than your current team, and well any team you've had since the 90s. He'd be a walk up start to your bunch of gutless downhill skiers any day of the week. And the second your 36 year old, yet still far and away best player, Boomer hangs em up, he'd probably win your BnF.

you really are that dense/bitter?

Mate, your club is copping exactly what it deserves after the Lake beat up.

And your supporters are just showing what massive hypocrites they are. Couldn't wait to drop Lake in it. Ignored Petrie's filthy eyegouging. Now whining because the precedent YOU set has been applied to one of your own players.

Suck it up. Stop whining. Take your fair whack.

Mate.

So will 3/4 of your list
Also can all the norfies who keep calling Picken a talentless hack playing the easiest position on the ground (tagger) pls understand that for the majority of the year Picken hasn't even tagged, he's been a quality small defender for 2 years now with the odd tagging job. Of course we put him on Boomer because he gets him every ******* time and has since his first year. Boomer obviously just can't handle this talentless hack. He also held down a spot in our 2008-10 team which is far far better than your current team, and well any team you've had since the 90s. He'd be a walk up start to your bunch of gutless downhill skiers any day of the week. And the second your 36 year old, yet still far and away best player, Boomer hangs em up, he'd probably win your BnF.

Talking big when your team got done by 10 goals
Very brave effort by the dogs though.

Talking big when your team got done by 10 goals
Very brave effort by the dogs though.
We had a bad day against a team with years of development on us, big deal. Enjoy your win because while your teams probably as good as it will get right now, ours hasn't even show a quarter of what it will be capable of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must be the most hated club
Ha everyone chirping in calling Boomer a dog
I'm allowed to defend our players
Used to like the Dogs their supporters are vermin
Hate that pitiful club
Dumbarses saying we have no members yet we have 40k
More than Bulldogs

Boomer would be your best player if joined Bullflogs

We had a bad day against a team with years of development on us, big deal. Enjoy your win because while your teams probably as good as it will get right now, ours hasn't even show a quarter of what it will be capable of.

Time will tell
Your list isn't as good as you think.
Bont and Stringer are only classy ones

Haha Picken will be forgotten soon enough
Not from Harvey's memory though, how could he? With all that dramatic jumper pulling poor little Brent had to endure.

We must be the most hated club
Ha everyone chirping in calling Boomer a dog
I'm allowed to defend our players
Used to like the Dogs their supporters are vermin
Hate that pitiful club
Dumbarses saying we have no members yet we have 40k
More than Bulldogs

Boomer would be your best player if joined Bullflogs
Well no, we already know Picken is a better player since Boohoomer couldn't get a kick after 1/4 time when Picken moved on to him! You're just backing yourself into a pitiful little corner with each post you make. The Bullies midfield will be a juggernaut within 3 or 4 years. Your midrangers however will still be paddling. Enjoy!

There's just a few points I want to bring up and I'm well aware that I'll be biased because Boomer's been my favourite player growing up.

Boomer's action was indisputably a reaction to Picken holding him off the ball. Does this excuse what Harvey did? Absolutely not. Picken probably did exaggerate the flip quite a bit but Boomer did intend to throw him and while I think it's apparent Boomer wasn't choking him, I have no doubt Picken wasn't exactly comfortable. But I think it deserves to be noted that Harvey's action was a reaction to what Picken was doing off the ball and wasn't an out of the blue assault.

Was his sanction fair? No. Now before you say, "well Lake copped four weeks!" I'll say that Lake copped too many. I have no doubt that Lake copped an extra week because his action became an international sports story of "AFL player chokes opposition player". For what it's worth, I think Lake was applying pressure to Petrie's throat but it wasn't the vice grip some people claim it was. Boomer's actions deserved two in my opinion.

The other point I want to bring up is Boomers reputation. I see a lot of people calling him a 'dog' or claiming that he's 'dirty' and it's not entirely fair. He absolutely engages in push and shove but he gets a hell of a lot more than he gives. He's one of the longest tagged players in history. For the better part of 20 years, he's been scragged off of the ball by taggers and opposition players and what you've got to remember that Harvey is a tiny bloke. He's 167cm tall and 75kg. I was bigger than him in height and weight when I was 15 years old and I'm sure most of you reading this would be the same. Guys who shove him around and scrag him are often 20cm+ taller and 10kg+ bigger so he cops it worse than most others that get tagged. This reputation of being a 'dog' and similar terms come from 3 incidents in 380+ games. The Kerr/Selwood incidents and now this with Picken. A lot of people are saying that he should have learnt to deal with taggers by now but they fail to notice that he has. Responding unreasonably three times in over 380 games is a pretty good tolerance. It's the fact that they're relatively close together (within 2 years) of each other that Boomer gets his reputation. Aside from those incidents, Boomer acts the way any other player does to taggers and opposition players.

Again I will reiterate that Picken, Selwood, Crowley, etc. aren't to blame. Sure, they play outside the rules but it's also outside the rules to clip a bloke. Umpires aren't harsh enough on taggers to make sure they're playing within the rules so they're only doing what the AFL is letting them do without punishment. Boomer was silly to react to Picken holding him off the ball and while I do think his sanction was a match too long, he was always going to cop weeks and rightly so. However claims that he is a 'dog' and making personal attacks about him are just wrong. While it's easy to focus on the two games that he's had outbursts, it's also important to not the 380 that hasn't.

Hopefully this clears up a few views of North supporters and more importantly myself so I don't have to make 100 posts in this thread defending Boomer. ;)

Penalty was about 2 weeks too long. But his reputation will get you little sympathy from opposition supporters I'm afraid - least of all we Freo fans. A lying, snitching little flog of the highest order. Karma is a bitch aint it?

Hang on a tick; Crowley is pure tagger, sure, and Picken, but Scooter Selwood is a ball-player who sometimes gets a run-with role, and isn't exactly known for scragging. And Boomer got two for whacking Selwood, and four for whacking Kerr, and you can extol your bloke's virtues all you like, but you can't pretend Kerr is someone who would have been playing with eyes only for Harvey. He's clearly picking up some angry pills as he gets older.

Well no, we already know Picken is a better player since Boohoomer couldn't get a kick after 1/4 time when Picken moved on to him! You're just backing yourself into a pitiful little corner with each post you make. The Bullies midfield will be a juggernaut within 3 or 4 years. Your midrangers however will still be paddling. Enjoy!

Meanwhile Freo will still be flagless.
You should go buy a Bullies membership.
Jump on board the Juggernaut.

It's sad that at his age not only is he still required at north, but he'd be in the best 2-3 midfielders in the team. I don't see where the upside is going to come from with north in the next few years.

Forward line is pretty thin without Petrie who's past his prime, none of the other tall forwards look to be up and coming superstars.

Harvey still required in the midfield at his age, while Wells is approaching 30.

Geez....if my club ceased to exist tomorrow and I had to choose between the dogs or north.

Pretty easy decision really... Bulldogs.

Maybe the poster you quoted should go join the 'bullflogs' as he calls them... Their future and young players look way more promising.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back